Introducing the LCD-i3
Aug 29, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #138 of 1,041
Affirmative. I would look elsewhere if you want iems for use on a plane.

Although, I wouldn't rule them out for travel. I have a pair of iSine 20 that I usually take with me if I want to the full on Headphone experience listening at the hotel but don't want to bring a large over ear + dac/amp. They pack up small and I get tremendous sound out of the Cipher and my iPhone.

I usually just pack another iem for the plane.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #139 of 1,041
This line of Audeze are not recommended for noise isolation, are they? I like to have a pair of iems for plane travel.
Not at all, they are open.

Aug 29, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #140 of 1,041
Affirmative. I would look elsewhere if you want iems for use on a plane.

Although, I wouldn't rule them out for travel. I have a pair of iSine 20 that I usually take with me if I want to the full on Headphone experience listening at the hotel but don't want to bring a large over ear + dac/amp. They pack up small and I get tremendous sound out of the Cipher and my iPhone.

I usually just pack another iem for the plane.

Completely agree, I travel with mine (and the Cipher) all the time but have something else for the plane. I've actually never tried the iSine20 on the plane but I can't imagine that will turn out well.

Aug 29, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #141 of 1,041
This line of Audeze are not recommended for noise isolation, are they? I like to have a pair of iems for plane travel.
Etymotic.

Aug 30, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #142 of 1,041
I haven't heard the isine series (I'm hoping to demo the isine20 soon though so once I do I will compare). But I did try the i3 last week (without cipher) and it sounded great. Extremely wide holographic sound, better bass than I expected. Very good imaging. Gives you the illusion that you are listening to speakers in front of you instead of iems. The guitar strumming on Pink Floyd's Welxome to the Machine sounded ultra realistic like they were in the room with me, and the soaring synths were sweet and addicting sounding. No harshness whatsoever for sure. More comfortable than expected too.

Aug 30, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #143 of 1,041
Just got my hot little hands on these. Listening now and I won't ever purport to be qualified to provide an audiophile review but I am seriously impressed. I am running the cipher cable, anker cable and tidal hifi and am loving life. I have previously owned isine10 and isine 20 but don't have any currently directly compare. The bass is seriously amazing without any additional EQ and they sound very smooth and dynamic with the cipher cable. Looking forward to impressions from others who are more qualified to comment and compare to the isine20.

Aug 30, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #145 of 1,041
Just got my hot little hands on these. Listening now and I won't ever purport to be qualified to provide an audiophile review but I am seriously impressed. I am running the cipher cable, anker cable and tidal hifi and am loving life. I have previously owned isine10 and isine 20 but don't have any currently directly compare. The bass is seriously amazing without any additional EQ and they sound very smooth and dynamic with the cipher cable. Looking forward to impressions from others who are more qualified to comment and compare to the isine20.

Is it worth the money to buy these if I already have the isine 20? Is there that much difference?

Aug 30, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #146 of 1,041
Is it worth the money to buy these if I already have the isine 20? Is there that much difference?

I'm only going by memory, but I would probably say no probably no not worth selling your 20s for a steep loss and buying the i3. That's not a knock on then i3 but the 20s are amazing in their own respect. I'm sure some direct comparisons will be coming soon.

Aug 30, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #147 of 1,041
I'm only going by memory, but I would probably say no probably no not worth selling your 20s for a steep loss and buying the i3. That's not a knock on then i3 but the 20s are amazing in their own respect. I'm sure some direct comparisons will be coming soon.

I picked up the isine 10s on b stock a while back, think these are likely a noticeable difference?

Sep 2, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #149 of 1,041
[Tap tap tap ...] is this thing on? (lol)

A little concerned the new owners aren't posting here with glowing comments about the virtues of this new offering. I would like to live vicariously thru you. :wink:

Sep 2, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #150 of 1,041
I got to listen to the LCD-i3 at the TSAV demo and the sound was impressive. Nice open stage, lots of detail retrieval all across the FR. Fit was terrible for me though as the over-ear supports were completely too large for my ears. I'm no expert in IEMs and my listening experience was limited to a handful of songs.

Compared to the Andromeda I found there to be noticeably less bass impact/punch and the Andro has an elevated mid-bass in comparison. Andromeda feels more visceral and engaging. The stage feels very ample on both Andro and i3 but overall openness definitely a plus for i3.

Cheers to TSAV and Audeze for hosting the event and allowing me to demo them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back