Introducing the HIFIMAN EF400 Balanced Desktop DAC/Amplifier!
Oct 27, 2022 at 8:25 AM Post #451 of 776
Hi there, our professional staff has tested and there is no problem. If there is any specific case, feel free to email us at customerservice@hifiman.com so that we can look into it and see how we can help? Thank you for your support!
Can you go into more information on what equipment they used to test?

Was it Phones, Daps, the same cables, or different cables?

Oct 27, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #452 of 776
Hi there, our professional staff has tested and there is no problem. If there is any specific case, feel free to email us at customerservice@hifiman.com so that we can look into it and see how we can help? Thank you for your support!
What a pity it is to read that a company that sells "top" products cannot help users with problems, products over $500, that poor after-sales service, leave much to be desired for a Chinese company.

Oct 28, 2022 at 2:40 AM Post #454 of 776
Got this issue (mostly hum) with my Pixel Phone too, but i got this on every gear i use it with. Seems to be a ground loop from the phone port. At all, the phone had several kernel bugs (implementing USB Driver for external DAC) since release. So, i bet it is more an Android device thing.

But i only could talk about, what i personally experienced. 🙃✌🏻

@TeamHiFiMAN I am more interested in, why so many dealers still sell an EF400 REF 2/ V2? You've demented it a while ago. So, where does this stubborn info come from?

Cheers
Hi there, thank you for your interest in HIFIMAN. We can confirm that there is no EF400 V2. Dealers have their own thoughts, haha. Any other question, feel free to email us at customerservice@hifiman.com , they will do their best to help you.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Oct 28, 2022 at 9:03 AM Post #455 of 776
I paired my Ayras SE with the Hifiman EF400 and it was a definite upgrade from the IFI IDSD Signature. The sound was much more open and the detailed and more prominent. I then purchased the Singxer SA1 amp and attached it to my EF400 and for me I believe have found the perfect pairing I was looking for with no EQ. The Singxer adds a slightly fuller low end and smooths the high end peaks of the Arya a bit, which I like because I'm treble sensitive. Love it.

Oct 29, 2022 at 2:01 AM Post #457 of 776
@TeamHiFiMAN
1) I also wrote in this thread concerning the Android sound problem and... the next day... everything was OK😀🤔 don't know what happened (UAPP update or whatever...) but no more problem for me...
2) Concerning the casual static noise that i had from the beginning it happened in a very strong way a few weeks ago and, since then, no more... It's like this strong last one has put everything in order...
3) Once again i'll say that with my cans (HE6seV2 and Ananda SE) the EF400 is a winner and a perfect musical partner👌

Oct 29, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #458 of 776
I paired my Ayras SE with the Hifiman EF400 and it was a definite upgrade from the IFI IDSD Signature. The sound was much more open and the detailed and more prominent. I then purchased the Singxer SA1 amp and attached it to my EF400 and for me I believe have found the perfect pairing I was looking for with no EQ. The Singxer adds a slightly fuller low end and smooths the high end peaks of the Arya a bit, which I like because I'm treble sensitive. Love it.
I've been eyeing the Singxer for a while now. How much of an improvement are we talking about? and does it improve the Imaging of the EF400?

Oct 29, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #459 of 776
I've been eyeing the Singxer for a while now. How much of an improvement are we talking about? and does it improve the Imaging of the EF400?

I would say about 15%, as I go back and forth to see the difference, you definitely can hear the smoothness of the sound without losing any detail. I believe the imagining is also better, everything sounds a little more natural and true. I have the Aryas set to low Gain and low-Z, given me a nice rich sound throughout, I can get to about 2oclock till it gets to loud for me.

Oct 29, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #460 of 776
@TeamHiFiMAN
1) I also wrote in this thread concerning the Android sound problem and... the next day... everything was OK😀🤔 don't know what happened (UAPP update or whatever...) but no more problem for me...
2) Concerning the casual static noise that i had from the beginning it happened in a very strong way a few weeks ago and, since then, no more... It's like this strong last one has put everything in order...
3) Once again i'll say that with my cans (HE6seV2 and Ananda SE) the EF400 is a winner and a perfect musical partner👌
I updated my UAPP and the problem still persists.. im growing tired of it

Oct 31, 2022 at 5:46 AM Post #461 of 776
@TeamHiFiMAN
Glad to know that, sir. Thank you for your support in Hifiman!

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Nov 1, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #462 of 776
While the EF400 seems to be made for use with planars, has anyone tried it with ZMF dynamic driver HPs? Curious about the synergy. Thanks.
I use mine with the 6xx all the time, sounds amazing , this amp is great to me with everything ive tried on it, and most the problems I see people talking about in here with it I have not encountered. Thats not a ZMF but I would imagine it does well on that also.

Nov 1, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #463 of 776
I use mine with the 6xx all the time, sounds amazing , this amp is great to me with everything ive tried on it, and most the problems I see people talking about in here with it I have not encountered. Thats not a ZMF but I would imagine it does well on that also.
The higher than usual output impedance might be a negative for some type of headphones but it is a positive for the high z Sennheiser and ZMF headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back