Introducing the CORINA Electrostatic Reference Headphone
Oct 25, 2023 at 10:12 PM Post #241 of 326
DCA Corina is underrated.

Oct 26, 2023 at 11:07 PM Post #242 of 326
Quite possibly is. Just needs a very very powerful energizer. I heard it on the Stax SRM- T-8000 and it didn’t do well to drive it. I was nearly maxed out on the amp. The Corina just sounded very boxed in. Thick sounding. Needs a punchy amp to get going.

Attachments

• IMG_7123.jpeg
    IMG_7123.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Oct 26, 2023 at 11:13 PM Post #243 of 326
Quite possibly is. Just needs a very very powerful energizer. I heard it on the Stax SRM- T-8000 and it didn’t do well to drive it. I was nearly maxed out on the amp. The Corina just sounded very boxed in. Thick sounding. Needs a punchy amp to get going.
On my amp it sounds crystal clear.
Tons of low end. Sounds absolutely sublime.

Oct 27, 2023 at 3:28 AM Post #244 of 326
I'm still using just a Mjölnir SRD-7 with my powerful T+A PA2000R and it sounds already amazing.

At some point I'll get an highend electrostat amplifier for it, now that I'm 100% sure that the Corina stays long term

Oct 28, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #245 of 326
On my amp it sounds crystal clear.
Tons of low end. Sounds absolutely sublime.
It most definitely needs a more powerful amplifier, in my experience, to sound its best. I love the sound off the Blue Hawaii fed by the TT2 sounds awesome!

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Oct 29, 2023 at 9:19 PM Post #246 of 326
I'm still using just a Mjölnir SRD-7 with my powerful T+A PA2000R and it sounds already amazing.

At some point I'll get an highend electrostat amplifier for it, now that I'm 100% sure that the Corina stays long term
Were you ever able to compare Corina to Expanse to Elite?

Oct 30, 2023 at 4:57 AM Post #247 of 326
Were you ever able to compare Corina to Expanse to Elite?
Since I own all three I'd be able to do that anytime.

Since I keep all 3 long term, I never did a direct A/B/C shootout though.

Initially I wanted to wait for the estat amp to do that, but that one is still easily half a year in the future, due to delays

Oct 30, 2023 at 6:12 AM Post #248 of 326
Initially I wanted to wait for the estat amp to do that, but that one is still easily half a year in the future, due to delays
Those sound like the grumblings of someone in Eksonic T2 purgatory. Am I correct?

Oct 30, 2023 at 7:34 AM Post #249 of 326
Those sound like the grumblings of someone in Eksonic T2 purgatory. Am I correct?
Actually no.
It's an yet unnannounced Device.

The T2 was high on my list of considerations tho, especially the Eksonic version

Oct 30, 2023 at 7:50 AM Post #250 of 326
Actually no.
It's an yet unnannounced Device.

The T2 was high on my list of considerations tho, especially the Eksonic version
You have piqued my interest.

Nov 2, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #251 of 326

It's unfortunate if that's the case, the reviews have been pretty amazing...

"The CORINA bucks this trend by not only being the best overall sounding e-stat I've had my ears on, but arguably also the best overall set of headphones period." Tech Power Up

"This is a very smooth tone and a surprisingly weighty sound signature for an electrostatic headphone. It could well be the perfect complement to any electrostatic collection already top-heavy with treble performers." Headfonics

"DCA’s new flagship is a must-listen; many, including me, will want to use it as their end-game system. The CORINA is my studio’s most detailed and musical transducer and is destined for greatness." Headphone.guru

"Vocals, oh those vocals! ...could be the only headphone for hi-fi listening an enthusiast might ever need." Marcello Rostagni

Anyhow, glad you appreciate it!

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Nov 2, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #252 of 326

"The CORINA bucks this trend by not only being the best overall sounding e-stat I've had my ears on, but arguably also the best overall set of headphones period." Tech Power Up

"This is a very smooth tone and a surprisingly weighty sound signature for an electrostatic headphone. It could well be the perfect complement to any electrostatic collection already top-heavy with treble performers." Headfonics

"DCA’s new flagship is a must-listen; many, including me, will want to use it as their end-game system. The CORINA is my studio’s most detailed and musical transducer and is destined for greatness." Headphone.guru

"Vocals, oh those vocals! ...could be the only headphone for hi-fi listening an enthusiast might ever need." Marcello Rostagni

It really is unfortunate that this thread isn't booming.
I've enjoyed it a lot thus far. Makes for the perfect complementary pairing with my other estats.

When will replacement ear pads and headbands be made available? (and for how much)

Nov 2, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #253 of 326
It really is unfortunate that this thread isn't booming.
I've enjoyed it a lot thus far. Makes for the perfect complementary pairing with my other estats.

When will replacement ear pads and headbands be made available? (and for how much)
If I ever need new pads, I'd probably just ship them to DCA to swap them for me.

No interest in swapping glued pads myself.

I'd like to know wether DCA sells the connectors for third party cabling.
Would be interesting to see what Trevor could procure

Nov 2, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #254 of 326

The guy you replied to did buy the CORINA after reading my review and chatting with me here so at least that's there. Sadly there was no CORINA at CanJam London this year (that I saw anyway) but I'll take it to a few local meets if there's going to be an energizer available. More people need to check this thing out!

Nov 2, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #255 of 326
If I ever need new pads, I'd probably just ship them to DCA to swap them for me.

No interest in swapping glued pads myself.

I'd like to know wether DCA sells the connectors for third party cabling.
Would be interesting to see what Trevor could procure
Now THAT would be sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back