Introducing the CORINA Electrostatic Reference Headphone
Sep 21, 2023 at 7:44 PM Post #211 of 326
@FullBright1 Good to see a lot of the positive stuff I thought about the Corina at CanJam in brief showroom conditions still seem to hold up from someone else. I spent 10min on the Z10e ->Corina stack and 20min on the BHSE -> Corina stack only, but I easily gathered it was the most enjoyable tuned and sounding estat for me amongst the big players.

Thanks for the info on the DAC selection and more data on the topping EHA5. I was planning on using my tube rolled xDuoo TA-30 with an ESS chip for whatever electrostat amp route I eventually go. I actually like it more than my Pontus.

Sep 22, 2023 at 4:57 AM Post #212 of 326
@FullBright1 Good to see a lot of the positive stuff I thought about the Corina at CanJam in brief showroom conditions still seem to hold up from someone else. I spent 10min on the Z10e ->Corina stack and 20min on the BHSE -> Corina stack only, but I easily gathered it was the most enjoyable tuned and sounding estat for me amongst the big players.

Thanks for the info on the DAC selection and more data on the topping EHA5. I was planning on using my tube rolled xDuoo TA-30 with an ESS chip for whatever electrostat amp route I eventually go. I actually like it more than my Pontus.
It's sound excels instead in refinement and clarity.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2023 at 6:55 AM Post #213 of 326
Is anyone aware of an EQ profile that enhances the Corina, possibly bringing out more of Corina's inherent strengths? @Fulbright1 says that he feels the Corina is not emotionally engaging. Is it possible to EQ them to bring in that engagement factor?

Sep 22, 2023 at 7:44 AM Post #214 of 326
Is anyone aware of an EQ profile that enhances the Corina, possibly bringing out more of Corina's inherent strengths? @Fulbright1 says that he feels the Corina is not emotionally engaging. Is it possible to EQ them to bring in that engagement factor?

Its a very pricy gear,...so reader, enter at your own risk....same as always...... as when you play at this level, all of them are Totl's, and there is no best.. There is only the one or 2 that do it for you.
High Price is no guarantee that you'll like the sound of a set of Headphones., but, the more they cost, the easier they are to resell and move to the next one.
Members on this Fine Forum all like to buy pre-owned gear, and most of us take good care of our headphones, because we know we will eventually put them up for sale and we want to be able to post them as "LIke NEW" "Excellent".. :)

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2023 at 8:11 AM Post #215 of 326
I have owned the Abyss, still own the Susvara and I have heard the other 2. My personal reference headphone for engagement is the Solitaire P. It uniquely captures the analytical along with being warm and engaging. This Sol P does something that few others can. I am not planning to sell the Corina as I still believe that EQ might help it. I, too, am a solid state user. The Corina's are driven by a carbon cc; they have plenty of power. Maybe all they need is a little sparkle? I'm hopeful.

Sep 22, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #216 of 326
I have owned the Abyss, still own the Susvara and I have heard the other 2. My personal reference headphone for engagement is the Solitaire P. It uniquely captures the analytical along with being warm and engaging. This Sol P does something that few others can. I am not planning to sell the Corina as I still believe that EQ might help it. I, too, am a solid state user. The Corina's are driven by a carbon cc; they have plenty of power. Maybe all they need is a little sparkle? I'm hopeful.

The Corina, is much more of a Linear analytical detail machine.

Mine are less then 10 HRs on the Power switch, so.... maybe they will bloom more down below...

Reader, if you've heard the Susvara, then you have a good idea of the Corina's Soundstage and Bass amount, when using Her with the Topping EHA5 on "high power".

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2023 at 6:09 PM Post #217 of 326
I agree with you that there are similarities with the Susvara and the Corina. So much so I had to do A/B comparison. There are differences but very much in the same family I would say. Corina is more ethereal on some tracks and a little smaller soundstage in my setup but not by much. At first I was not used to the lack of sparkle up top comparing to other estats but kept listening to it and given time I am appreciating it for its own individual characteristics. With less treble I thought detail was lacking initially but it all seems to be there just not in your face. Very much enjoying it for a change of pace from the other estats.

Sep 25, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #218 of 326
I agree with you that there are similarities with the Susvara and the Corina. So much so I had to do A/B comparison. There are differences but very much in the same family I would say. Corina is more ethereal on some tracks and a little smaller soundstage in my setup but not by much. At first I was not used to the lack of sparkle up top comparing to other estats but kept listening to it and given time I am appreciating it for its own individual characteristics. With less treble I thought detail was lacking initially but it all seems to be there just not in your face. Very much enjoying it for a change of pace from the other estats.

Yes. = "very much in the same family".

It is unique, regarding the way the Corina is able to produce so much detail, yet, its not because of a Treble boost.
Its due to the genuine resolution it offers.
And you are correct, it sounds like no other E-Stat.

- Happy Listening

Oct 4, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #219 of 326
Hard to answer without understanding what YOU would want to accomplish relative to default tuning... Do you have one? If so what are you looking to achieve?

That was pretty much our goal; detail without brightness and a more organic timbre.

I think we succeeded in hitting that on the nose... While this thread doesn't get a ton of posts, Corina has exceeded our sales expectations and in the first four months outsold VOCE's lifetime sales. Thanks everyone!!!

Yes. = "very much in the same family".

It is unique, regarding the way the Corina is able to produce so much detail, yet, its not because of a Treble boost.
Its due to the genuine resolution it offers.
And you are correct, it sounds like no other E-Stat.

- Happy Listening

:) Glad you're finding this so!

What associated gear are you all using?

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Oct 4, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #220 of 326
That was pretty much our goal; detail without brightness and a more organic timbre.
You Nailed it! Best estat on the market right now.

Oct 4, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #221 of 326
You Nailed it! Best estat on the market right now.
Thanks! We also got that from some of the pro reviews, I think 3/4 said the same thing, which is not super common to read...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Oct 5, 2023 at 4:52 PM Post #223 of 326
Are there any tours for the Corina going on? I wasn’t a big Voce fan but I’d like to give this an honest try in my home system.

Oct 5, 2023 at 4:52 PM Post #224 of 326
Are there any tours for the Corina going on? I wasn’t a big Voce fan but I’d like to give this an honest try in my home system.
Second this.

Oct 5, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #225 of 326

Users who are viewing this thread

Back