Introducing the Audeze LCD-R!
Jul 21, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #256 of 1,644
I already had it hehe. And no 009s is not better. It's thin even on Carbon vs Susvara which has better tonality.
Nowadays I only have a SR007 SZ2xxx bass port mod driven by my KGSShv Carbon and a Orpheus clone yeahhhhhh!

with EQ I have no ''sounding thin'' problem. Everybody hears things slightly differently of course.

I'm past the stage where I crave a massive amount of ''slam''. I prefer not to get assaulted and sink into a relaxed listening session. I think this is where our tastes differ.

LCD4 is a muffled sounding mess without EQ IMHO. I used to own it and loved it after EQ.

Jul 21, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #258 of 1,644
You can probably get to your favorite target with either of them (sr007/sr009) if it's not crazy bright. I like sr007 better as well, treble is fine, the rest very EQable. Same for LCD4 but I reckon the "master of slam and punch" title originated when it was new? There are better alternatives now, I guess.

LCD4 is a muffled sounding mess without EQ IMHO. I used to own it and loved it after EQ.
That!

Jul 21, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #259 of 1,644
I don't use EQ anymore.
When a headphone sounds bad without EQ than it's a bad headphone for me.
I agree with you that lcd4 is to muffled on top. But I'm sure Audeze will fix it with LCD-5 and a lot more things.
Are you Paul Van Dyk by any chance? Do you think the next product will be a "LCD" or move to names like "Euclid"?

I look forward to your impressions of the LCD-R

Jul 21, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #260 of 1,644
Got mine as well! Listened to a few songs but going to have to wait for the evening for more as I have an air conditioning unit directly behind me. (Moving soon, thankfully.)

Definitely promising!

Can confirm that the fazors are huge! I don't even have large ears and mine touch if I don't get the position just right.

First time experiencing the new audeze pads as well. Super plush! Doesn't feel as heavy as expected, either.

Jul 21, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #261 of 1,644
Are you Paul Van Dyk by any chance? Do you think the next product will be a "LCD" or move to names like "Euclid"?

I look forward to your impressions of the LCD-R
I'm not PVD but I had all CDs from him since the 90s and also all vinyls from Vandit. Then I moved to metal as back I heared in the 80s.
Nowadays the classic Trance is dead. It's a shame. But I have my name since the 90s in all forums. Must be Metal_Gott today.
I don't know if naming will be LCD-5. Maybe this is the name of the new Flagship but form factor not like the classic line.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #264 of 1,644
Mine have also arrived.

Attachments

• 20210721_152315_HDR~2.jpg
    20210721_152315_HDR~2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Jul 21, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #265 of 1,644
Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jul 21, 2021 at 9:17 PM Post #268 of 1,644
I don't use EQ anymore.
When a headphone sounds bad without EQ than it's a bad headphone for me.
I agree with you that lcd4 is to muffled on top. But I'm sure Audeze will fix it with LCD-5 and a lot more things.
Audeze will always have a 'house sound' that leans towards dark, I believe. Even the LCD-X, which is supposed to be the more 'neutral' of the series is just too dark for my tastes.

Jul 21, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #269 of 1,644
Just received my shipping notification. Keep the impressions coming please. I'm thirsty.

Jul 21, 2021 at 9:24 PM Post #270 of 1,644
Just received my shipping notification. Keep the impressions coming please. I'm thirsty.
Congratulations!

I'm listing to the newest album by Barenaked Ladies (DeTour de Force on Apple Music...High Res Lossless) and absolutely loving what I'm hearing. To call them fast is an understatement...these headphones are incredibly detailed, fast with a very holographic sound stage that in the end may be bigger than the LCD-4/4z? The treble is very extended, quick and yet oh so smooth without a hint of a shout or stridency.

Looking forward to your impressions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back