Introducing the Audeze LCD-R!
Jul 20, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #151 of 1,636
You and I clearly have a different idea of what makes something a "review". Imo, covering the good and bad points of a product is an absalute necessity to be considered a review and not just rantings and ravings. If you were looking to buy a new car and someone went on for a page about the shape of the break pedal and never mentioned anything else would you call that a review? Tbh, this is litteraly the only hoby I have ever been in where reviewers aren't expected to cover an entire product (even just in passing, eg, mid detail is lacking but I don't care about that so I love these)
Again, not speaking for anyone else, but if I felt like there was something BAD, I'd point it out. But you all make it sound like we're EXPECTED to find the BAD in the first place. What IF, just what IF there wasn't anything we could find that was bad, at least to our tastes?

THAT'S what I'm trying to say.

There has been, what , TWO reviews out in the wild. Both were positive. How about you give it time for more reviews to come out?

You either wait for people with different tastes than these two reviews, or wait for someone who's focused on satiating people that just want to hear what's WRONG.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #152 of 1,636
Again, not speaking for anyone else, but if I felt like there was something BAD, I'd point it out. But you all make it sound like we're EXPECTED to find the BAD in the first place. What IF, just what IF there wasn't anything we could find that was bad, at least to our tastes?

THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING.

There has been, what , TWO reviews out in the wild. Both were positive. How about you give it time for more reviews to come out?

You either wait for people with different tastes than these two reviews, or wait for someone who's focused on satiating people that just want to hear what's WRONG.
You guys need to calm down. This argument never works out in the reviewer’s favor…if I were you I wouldn’t be interacting with people who clearly don’t trust your reviews.

And that’s ok…he doesn’t have to view your reviews as anything other than a product showcase if he doesn’t want to.

Do you buddy…don’t worry what others think.

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #153 of 1,636
As a reviewer, it's irritating when, if you love something, you're a shill, or paid off. Yeah I'm sure that exists out there, but it's a disservice to the rest of us who genuinely just like something and want to tell you all why.

And I'm calm, this is just a civil back and forth. Haven't you been taught that telling people to calm down does the opposite effect? Lol.

In the case of the LCD-R, the things I assume most people want to know about now (since the general build and design is classic and well documented by now), is how are the cups in person? And how does it sound? Two things that are highly subjective at best.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #154 of 1,636
As a reviewer, it's irritating when, if you love something, you're a shill, or paid off. Yeah I'm sure that exists out there, but it's a disservice to the rest of us who genuinely just like something and want to tell you all why.

And I'm calm, this is just a civil back and forth. Haven't you been taught that telling people to calm down does the opposite effect? Lol.

In the case of the LCD-R, the things I assume most people want to know about now (since the general build and design is classic and well documented by now), is how are the cups in person? And how does it sound? Two things that are highly subjective at best.
Oh I know it’s irritating…I haven’t checked out your review but I’m sure you focused on what you felt was relevant.

People are always going to think that reviewers are shills when they do positive reviews. Not much you can do about it…but his comments would have been one post in this thread…instead it’s a few posts over a few pages. You don’t need that…let him voice his opinion and leave it be :)

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #155 of 1,636
Oh I know it’s irritating…I haven’t checked out your review but I’m sure you focused on what you felt was relevant.

People are always going to think that reviewers are shills when they do positive reviews. Not much you can do about it…but his comments would have been one post in this thread…instead it’s a few posts over a few pages. You don’t need that…let him voice his opinion and leave it be :)
Oh I didn't review it. That was more in defense of those who did. I feel their pain.

Jul 20, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #156 of 1,636

THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING.

This is coming from the guy who said something negative about the 8XX (which wasn't even released), and got lambasted by fanboys for not liking a certain thing, even though I enjoyed most other aspects. Mind you, a product from a company I have good rapport with.

Again, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

A reviewers incapable of finding even 1 thing wrong with a single product? Alright. Awesome crap happens and sometimes your mind is blown. No problem with that.

Unable to find something wrong with most products reviewed? Now that's a different story (and the one I am discussing). Imo, in this case, the conclusions of that reviews very simply can't be trusted, because, as said previously, there is always something wrong.

To be frank, I am a bit flabbergasted so many people are suprised others look at a purely positive review with some added scrutiny (especialy when they are not intimately familiar with the reviewers work).

Edit: also, just as a side note. Actualy calm or not, caps lock doesn't tend to make people think you are. Not like we have verbal ques to go off of in text after all.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #157 of 1,636
I use caps lock for emphasis, not for 'yelling'. I'll step out of the current topic since the posts are my own, as a Reviewer myself.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #158 of 1,636
People pointing out that they want critical reviews of these products forget one thing. To be critical and/or negative or otherwise dismissive of a product, the product more or less has to sort of suck.

Do you honestly think Audeze (or any other company for that matter) is wasting their time and effort trying to push out nothing but what they think is worth showcasing to the rest of the world? Giving reviewers products they think reviewers will be critical of?

Is it so weird that they're selling a fantastic product in very limited numbers, and that those who were able to test the product were enamored by it?

As a reviewer myself (yes I'm now working for Audeze, but I was a reviewer long before that), why waste my FREE time on products I don't like? I DON'T get paid for my reviews, and I sure as hell don't wanna sit here waste hours of my day trying to tell you why a product is not great. So I'll review the stuff that I think is AWESOME or at least people will be into. (Note: I'm NOT reviewing this, or any future Audeze product...)

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

This is a statement by me as a person and reviewer, not as the person working at Audeze.
Don't audeze have policies about these kind of combative statements specially since these are customers? Picking a fight with Audeze's customers is not their policies?

Jul 20, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #159 of 1,636
I'll stop here.

Just to reiterate, these post I made here as MLE are my own, and in no way reflect's Audeze's stances.

It's why I'm still able to do my reviews, and post as myself.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 9:13 PM Post #160 of 1,636
There is something wrong with every product. Be it totl cans like sus and 1266 or even building plans for sky scrapers. There is always something that could be better. Not pointing those things out in reviews is dishonest IMO. And I say this as someone who bought the R regardless btw
"There is something wrong with every product."

100% agree with this statement. Following this fact, only representing the positive aspects of a product in a review (specifically a professional review) without mentioning any negatives is indeed dishonest, because it is withholding information from the people reading the review.

When it comes to customers making a decision on what to buy with their hard earned money, these reviews become very important.

I really respect and appreciate the reviewers who can set aside their personal feelings in order to help the people reading the review (crinacle, savagegeese, etc), with objective and truthful information. Head and shoulders above the rest.

Anyways, hopefully those LCD-Rs of yours are a blast, the price and tech combination looks fantastic! :)

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #163 of 1,636
My guess is they run out of magnets? With all the shortages going on lately.
Bummer, I wanted a ribbon headphone. The raal just doesn't fit my big head. Lol. Maybe something else will come out down the road. I just love how ribbons sound.

Jul 20, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #165 of 1,636
Re reviews, good or bad, they're all useless unless comparisons are made to other products. Because no one product is the best at everything. Only with comparisons can you get an idea of HOW good a product is and in which AREAS it excels.
Definitely true. Currawong makes comparisons in most of his reviews and from the sounds of it this thing offers one of the best headphone experiences there is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back