Introducing the Audeze LCD-R!
Jul 21, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #182 of 1,636
I wonder if this means there is one that'll be listed as available soon :eyes:
Looks that way...unless of course, it is already gone :)

Jul 21, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #185 of 1,636
Summoning all the bots now!

Sending assassins to omniweltall

7IY7Hyy.gif

not getting them, more interested in the bigger Audeze release to come

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #188 of 1,636
Jul 21, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #189 of 1,636
I'd be a terrible person to take a second, right. :laughing:
You would be…but I would still buy it off you for more than retail. I can’t double it…but I can push the budget past $2,500 if you wanted to send it to a good home. This would be my first high end Audeze.

If someone gets it…please post here. I’m starting hour 2 of refreshing and it’s not fun lol

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #190 of 1,636
If someone gets it…please post here. I’m starting hour 2 of refreshing and it’s not fun lol
Perhaps I'm naïve on how online sales go, but I expect there is some human intervention that will take place to put this item back in stock. With that said, they're on the west coast, I wouldn't expect any movement on this until 10am Pacific.

Jul 21, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #192 of 1,636
Jul 21, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #193 of 1,636
I've had a home demo with the Susvara and it is an excellent headphone but it is placed on a pedestal due to it's price. It was about as good as the 2021 LCD-X to my ears and slightly inferior to the Utopia and the SR009S both of which I've owned.
Hold up. I don't usually let other's opinions bother me as it's not one bit of my business, but this is a terrible take lol.

I own all of the above (minus the SR-009) can 100% say that the Susvara is quite a bit better than the Utopia and especially LCD-X 2021 (which is a beautiful revision and an under 2K benchmark imho).

However, it's objectively wrong to even say LCD-X is on the same level, and I have no allegiance to HiFiMAN. Gotta cool it with the misleading statements my friend :)

Maybe you prefer their voicing, fine. Maybe you appreciate more detail (yes Utopia and SR-009 edge it out). But Susvara is really on another level.. unless you're listening out of lightning dongle.

Anyway, not to derail, I'm bummed I didn't jump onto the LCD-R, as I love ribbon tweeters and loved my time with SR1a - however I will wait until more discussion and impressions roll out.

Exciting times!

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back