Introducing the Audeze LCD-R!
Jul 21, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #196 of 1,636
My worry is yes I get a better LCD but it doesn't have my bass requirements. All my headphones except HD6xx and LCD 3 are big on bass.

Jul 21, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #197 of 1,636
Wife is watching the site as well. She’s tired of hearing me mope around about the headphones I didn’t get :) so she offered to help.
True love

Jul 21, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #199 of 1,636
My worry is yes I get a better LCD but it doesn't have my bass requirements. All my headphones except HD6xx and LCD 3 are big on bass.

Honestky, why didn't yoy just let it ship and use the 30 day return if you didn't like it? That window is the only reason I ordered tbh.

Jul 21, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #200 of 1,636
Honestky, why didn't yoy just let it ship and use the 30 day return if you didn't like it? That window is the only reason I ordered tbh.
Maybe it's all bull Schiit.

Maybe Bonddam didn't cancel the order and just wanted to put their feet up, sit back, relax, get some popcorn and revel in the carnage that will ensue in the thread.

Haha!

Jul 21, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #201 of 1,636
Maybe it's all bull Schiit.

Maybe Bonddam didn't cancel the order and just wanted to put their feet up, sit back, relax, get some popcorn and revel in the carnage that will ensue in the thread.

Haha!
I hope not. We are entering hour 3 of clicking refresh over here. Feels like lying about that would be cruel.

Jul 21, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #203 of 1,636
When releasing a new headphone like the LCD-R please consider releasing measurements taken on an industry standard rig. Headfi has a state of the art rig, you guys do thousands of measurements. Why not present your engineering know-how in the best light by showing us the measurements before we need to spend thousands of dollars?
We will do this going forward once some processes are put in place. We measure every headphone we ship and we have a the same rig as HeadFi (in addition to others).

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jul 21, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #204 of 1,636
We will do this going forward once some processes are put in place. We measure every headphone we ship and we have a the same rig as HeadFi (in addition to others).

I placed an order for one of these. Would i be able to get the FR for my specific can? No idea what I would realy do with it, would just be cool to have tbh. Also, do yall plan on posting an average FR for the LCD-R at any point? Or just leave it to reviewer measurmenets?

Jul 21, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #205 of 1,636
I placed an order for one of these. Would i be able to get the FR for my specific can? No idea what I would realy do with it, would just be cool to have tbh. Also, do yall plan on posting an average FR for the LCD-R at any point? Or just leave it to reviewer measurmenets?
I saw that you bought it because of the 30 day return policy. If you don’t like it…would you consider selling to me instead of returning?

Jul 21, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #206 of 1,636
I saw that you bought it because of the 30 day return policy. If you don’t like it…would you consider selling to me instead of returning?

I have one ahead of you, but sure. Thats if I dont like it though :wink:

Jul 21, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #207 of 1,636
Hold up. I don't usually let other's opinions bother me as it's not one bit of my business, but this is a terrible take lol.

I own all of the above (minus the SR-009) can 100% say that the Susvara is quite a bit better than the Utopia and especially LCD-X 2021 (which is a beautiful revision and an under 2K benchmark imho).

However, it's objectively wrong to even say LCD-X is on the same level, and I have no allegiance to HiFiMAN. Gotta cool it with the misleading statements my friend :)

Maybe you prefer their voicing, fine. Maybe you appreciate more detail (yes Utopia and SR-009 edge it out). But Susvara is really on another level.. unless you're listening out of lightning dongle.

Anyway, not to derail, I'm bummed I didn't jump onto the LCD-R, as I love ribbon tweeters and loved my time with SR1a - however I will wait until more discussion and impressions roll out.

Exciting times!

Please don't take anything I say too seriously, it's only audio after all :)

1. Are you seriously talking about ''misleading statements'' on a website where hundreds of people discuss the sound differences between silver coated copper cables and pure silver cables and spend $4000 on cables to improve their $4000 headphone? LOL. I would say Headfi is 80% misleading statements in that case.

2. My ear canals are very likely shaped differently to yours which means we may perceive sound very differently.

3. I may be a 65 year old construction worker and you may be a 23 year old computer programmer (or the other way around). Our perceptions of sound quality may differ greatly depending on this as well.

4. When evaluating a headphone I ignore the price, I ignore the size of the booklet that comes with it and I ignore the usual reviewers on Headfi. People are more influenced by these factors than they'd like to admit (me included).

5. I heard the Susvara at home in a completely silent environment using a custom built amp with plenty of power. To my ears they sounded excellent but the SR-009S & SR009 were technically superior but with inferior stock tuning. The 2021 LCD-X was just as good and the Utopia was better.

In conclusion unless there is some objective way to rank headphones (other than simply using frequency response & distortion) at this point it becomes your word against mine. As we may have very different hearing abilities (see points 2 & 3) it is impossible to make a blanket statement such as Susvara>Utopia. I can probably find 100 people who say Utopia>Susvara and 100 people who say Susvara>Utopia.

Jul 21, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #208 of 1,636
How close is this R to harman target?

Jul 21, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #209 of 1,636
Please don't take anything I say too seriously, it's only audio after all :)

1. Are you seriously talking about ''misleading statements'' on a website where hundreds of people discuss the sound differences between silver coated copper cables and pure silver cables and spend $4000 on cables to improve their $4000 headphone? LOL. I would say Headfi is 80% misleading statements in that case.

2. My ear canals are very likely shaped differently to yours which means we may perceive sound very differently.

3. I may be a 65 year old construction worker and you may be a 23 year old computer programmer (or the other way around). Our perceptions of sound quality may differ greatly depending on this as well.

4. When evaluating a headphone I ignore the price, I ignore the size of the booklet that comes with it and I ignore the usual reviewers on Headfi. People are more influenced by these factors than they'd like to admit (me included).

5. I heard the Susvara at home in a completely silent environment using a custom built amp with plenty of power. To my ears they sounded excellent but the SR-009S & SR009 were technically superior but with inferior stock tuning. The 2021 LCD-X was just as good and the Utopia was better.

In conclusion unless there is some objective way to rank headphones (other than simply using frequency response & distortion) at this point it becomes your word against mine. As we may have very different hearing abilities (see points 2 & 3) it is impossible to make a blanket statement such as Susvara>Utopia. I can probably find 100 people who say Utopia>Susvara and 100 people who say Susvara>Utopia.

I think his disagreement wd with the LCD-X > sus, not the utopia. Tbh, I think detail retrieval is pretty cut and dry between broader tiers and that works quite well as an objective measurement (as does timbre imo). Just curiosity, do you think the LCD-X 2021 had better micro dynamics and detail than sus? Prefrence can be whatever obviously (i like t50 argons more than arya by a pretty large margin for example, but arya undeniably are technicaly more advanced)

Jul 21, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #210 of 1,636
I own all of the above (minus the SR-009) can 100% say that the Susvara is quite a bit better than the Utopia and especially LCD-X 2021 (which is a beautiful revision and an under 2K benchmark imho).

However, it's objectively wrong to even say LCD-X is on the same level, and I have no allegiance to HiFiMAN. Gotta cool it with the misleading statements my friend

Can't find anything misleading in the statement that to ones ears one sounded better than the other. I would agree with you that to me Susvara sounds better than LCD-X, and to me SR-007 EQed outperforms them all. It's just an opinion, nothing more...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back