Introducing the Audeze LCD-R!
Jul 20, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #137 of 1,636
I don’t doubt headphoneguru that these headphones sound great. As I mentioned earlier. The problem is audezes way of doing their communication. There’s no transparency! Which is the issue here and coursing everyone to question these ‘reviews’ - are they telling the truth or are they merely payed ‘influencers’ and part of a marketing scheme.

audeze has blown it. If these are the best headphones ever. It is arrogant and from a marketing perspective dumb to limit the release to only 67 pairs. Are they gonna make them a permanent part of their lineup but change the design and raise the price - people would be angry about the price increase. Lower it, and 67 people would be pissed. No way to win here for audeze, I think.
Make them without the fancy thunder wood cups and carbon fiber headband and you can probably sell the whole package for $2000 or less and make a killing (if they are indeed THAT good).

Jul 20, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #140 of 1,636
Jul 20, 2021 at 6:50 PM Post #141 of 1,636
Mine hasn't shipped yet. Good thing is 30 day return.

Jul 20, 2021 at 7:01 PM Post #143 of 1,636
The thing about reviewers saying that don't review things they don't like is that we don't usually know which things they didn't like?
Don't worry, I often do come here and post that. :wink: Just ask the Pioneer Master 1 owners. Anyone can ask me what my opinions are...I'm happy to provide them. I often get PMs which I happily answer (and don't hold back), but I'm happy to post in the forums too.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 7:02 PM Post #144 of 1,636
The thing about reviewers saying that don't review things they don't like is that we don't usually know which things they didn't like?
Perhaps, but there's a million products out there. Do you really need to know about all of them?

I under stand the need to have critical reviews. If people get paid to review, and are fine with working on a critical review process, more power to them. But if I'm making an effort to write (which I am not paid for), I want it to be about something I enjoy.

And eventually, someone out there will have something negative to say about anything, IF there even IS something negative to say.

Oh and I DEFINITELY let people know aspects about things I review that I DON'T like.

There's 60 of them out there in the wild now. I'm sure if someone has something critical to say about the LCD-R, it will eventually come out.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #145 of 1,636
Perhaps, but there's a million products out there. Do you really need to know about all of them?

I under stand the need to have critical reviews. If people get paid to review, and are fine with working on a critical review process, more power to them. But if I'm making an effort to write, I want it to be about something I enjoy.
Exactly...life is too short to spend it covering something that is pretty piss poor. Plus time is very precious to me...two kids, hockey in the winter, baseball in the summer (for my son) and well, my full time career tend to eat up most of it....then there's quality time with my wife. :wink:

Jul 20, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #146 of 1,636
I just find it weird that there are people who are EXPECTING critical reviews. Like a company, any company is expected to send out products that people won't like. Yes, you can't make everyone happy, but I think most audio companies nowadays have gotten their products down pat where the stuff people see as high-end will likely be amazing. You SHOULD expect excellence. So don't be surprised when reviews point out said excellence.

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #147 of 1,636
I just find it weird that there are people who are EXPECTING critical reviews. Like a company, any company is expected to send out products that people won't like. Yes, you can't make everyone happy, but I think most audio companies nowadays have gotten their products down pat where the stuff people see as high-end will likely be amazing. You SHOULD expect excellence. So don't be surprised when reviews point out said excellence.

There is something wrong with every product. Be it totl cans like sus and 1266 or even building plans for sky scrapers. There is always something that could be better. Not pointing those things out in reviews is dishonest IMO. And I say this as someone who bought the R regardless btw

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #148 of 1,636
There is something wrong with every product. Be it totl cans like sus and 1266 or even building plans for sky scrapers. There is always something that could be better. Not pointing those things out in reviews is dishonest IMO. And I say this as someone who bought the R regardless btw
I never said there wasn't. However, reviews are a SUBJECTIVE process. (Unless you're going for full on objectivity which IMHO is boring). If you love a product, you're gonna focus on all the good things. That's just an effect of being human. We gush about the things we enjoy. Nothing dishonest about it.

If I review a product and I love everything about it, it makes me dishonest because I couldn't find anything to be critical of? Come on now. That's just absolutely silly. Yes, there is bound to be something wrong with everything in the world, doesn't mean we have to nitpick and put a spotlight on what we can't personally see as an issue.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #149 of 1,636
I use to do product reviews on YouTube. Companies would form relationships with me and I could tell they expected positive reviews even if they didn’t say it. I didn’t care…I was set on being honest. some continued to send me stuff and some didn’t.

Other people’s reviews..well you could clearly tell they were holding back and not bringing up issues that I thought were critical. I ended up stopping…those other guys now work for the companies that use to send them stuff 🤷‍♂️ maybe I made the wrong choice lol.

For the most part…headphone reviews are mostly based on loaner programs which makes me feel like I can somewhat trust them…something like this…well there was only one place to get them and they were limited. I feel like they shouldn’t have sent any out…every review unit that was sent out is one that I can’t buy now…but that’s just me being selfish :wink:

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:27 PM Post #150 of 1,636
I never said there wasn't. However, reviews are a SUBJECTIVE process. (Unless you're going for full on objectivity which IMHO is boring). If you love a product, you're gonna focus on all the good things. That's just an effect of being human. We gush about the things we enjoy. Nothing dishonest about it.

If I review a product and I love everything about it, it makes me dishonest because I couldn't find anything to be critical of? Come on now. That's just absolutely silly. Yes, there is bound to be something wrong with everything in the world, doesn't mean we have to nitpick and put a spotlight on what we can't personally see as an issue.

You and I clearly have a different idea of what makes something a "review". Imo, covering the good and bad points of a product is an absalute necessity to be considered a review and not just rantings and ravings. If you were looking to buy a new car and someone went on for a page about the shape of the break pedal and never mentioned anything else would you call that a review? Tbh, this is litteraly the only hoby I have ever been in where reviewers aren't expected to cover an entire product (even just in passing, eg, mid detail is lacking but I don't care about that so I love these)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back