Introducing the Audeze LCD-R!
Aug 6, 2023 at 8:54 PM Post #1,516 of 1,644
Ah man, they already sold. Original seller says he'll still sell his to me though when they're back in a couple weeks. Thanks for the heads up.
Yeah, they went within minutes. I guess when there are only 70 of something, they don’t last long. Hope the other deal works out for you.

Aug 10, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #1,518 of 1,644
Ah man, they already sold. Original seller says he'll still sell his to me though when they're back in a couple weeks. Thanks for the heads up.

I was the buyer here. These may be a catch-and-release unless they really wow me with my current setup. If they are, I'll let you know first just in case. :)

Aug 10, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #1,519 of 1,644
I was the buyer here. These may be a catch-and-release unless they really wow me with my current setup. If they are, I'll let you know first just in case. :)
Awesome, glad a head-fier picked them up! Let us know what your thoughts are when you have a chance to give them a listen.

Aug 18, 2023 at 1:01 AM Post #1,520 of 1,644
Aug 18, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #1,521 of 1,644
Original seller got back to me that Audeze returned his LCD-R fully repaired and we've completed the sale :)
It's arriving today but I'll be gone for the weekend and unable to provide listening impressions for a bit.

Aug 18, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #1,522 of 1,644
Original seller got back to me that Audeze returned his LCD-R fully repaired and we've completed the sale :)
It's arriving today but I'll be gone for the weekend and unable to provide listening impressions for a bit.
Awesome! Glad it finally worked out for you!

Aug 18, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #1,523 of 1,644
Reminder - be careful with these. Static seems to be very detrimental to these. My LCD-i4 and LCD-R were both repaired and I'm pretty positive that static was the culprit in both cases. I haven't listened to the LCD-R in a while for fear of damaging them again. Kind of a bummer for a real neat headphone. I've forgotten what their special sauce is.
:frowning2:

Aug 18, 2023 at 7:21 PM Post #1,524 of 1,644
Do you live in a very dry climate? Running a humidifier may be a good plan in that case.

Aug 19, 2023 at 12:09 AM Post #1,525 of 1,644
Do you live in a very dry climate? Running a humidifier may be a good plan in that case.
Dry is an understatement. Ever experienced 3% humidity? We have.

Aug 20, 2023 at 12:56 AM Post #1,527 of 1,644
Reminder - be careful with these. Static seems to be very detrimental to these. My LCD-i4 and LCD-R were both repaired and I'm pretty positive that static was the culprit in both cases. I haven't listened to the LCD-R in a while for fear of damaging them again. Kind of a bummer for a real neat headphone. I've forgotten what their special sauce is.
:frowning2:
Wow, I have never heard of static causing damage like that to a headphone. Source gear, occasionally, but never a headphone. Thanks for the heads-up.

We got smoked by a lightning bolt near our house and basically ruined all HDMI boards on my TV and AVR receiver. Fortunately all my hi-fi audio stuff was spared. Lot's of high voltage static electricity in a lightning bolt (and also massive current).

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2023 at 8:12 PM Post #1,528 of 1,644
Has anyone either asked Schiit about or tried Ragnarok 2 with the LCD-R, given that it can provide full speaker amp power to the balanced headphone out?

Aug 20, 2023 at 8:16 PM Post #1,529 of 1,644
Has anyone either asked Schiit about or tried Ragnarok 2 with the LCD-R, given that it can provide full speaker amp power to the balanced headphone out?

On the other site, Jason said not to run a 2ohm load into the Rag.

The issue isn't necessarily the power of the amplifier, but the ability for it to handle no resistance in the circuit.

Aug 20, 2023 at 8:30 PM Post #1,530 of 1,644
On the other site, Jason said not to run a 2ohm load into the Rag.

The issue isn't necessarily the power of the amplifier, but the ability for it to handle no resistance in the circuit.

Found the thread and Jason's post, thank you for your quick comment!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back