Introducing Shanling M7 - Portable Hi-Fi Android Player
Jul 24, 2022 at 8:47 PM Post #212 of 505
That was my first choice but, whether it's because I'm using a Mac to download the file, the update failed. Maybe just unlucky.

Can you please send me PM with some details on what exactly failed? Thanks.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jul 24, 2022 at 10:21 PM Post #213 of 505
Hi all!

I listen to the player for three weeks. I like the sound of the player very much, incredibly powerful and emotional, each note has become voluminous and gained mass, I have never heard anything like it before. I can only compare with dx 220 and fiio ka3, these are excellent devices but with a completely different sound. The only thing I would improve is the graphical interface. I'm a UI designer, so I see enough points to improve it. I will try this week to make a list of my wishes for the graphical interface.
I didn’t have time to write a review on Aliexpress for the official Shanling store. the player has disappeared from the "Awaiting Review" section.

Translated with Google

Jul 30, 2022 at 5:57 PM Post #215 of 505
Hi all!

I listen to the player for three weeks. I like the sound of the player very much, incredibly powerful and emotional, each note has become voluminous and gained mass, I have never heard anything like it before. I can only compare with dx 220 and fiio ka3, these are excellent devices but with a completely different sound. The only thing I would improve is the graphical interface. I'm a UI designer, so I see enough points to improve it. I will try this week to make a list of my wishes for the graphical interface.
I didn’t have time to write a review on Aliexpress for the official Shanling store. the player has disappeared from the "Awaiting Review" section.

Translated with Google

How is the soundstage? Some reviews describe a smaller soundstage or at least not a lot of depth. Trying to decide between m7 and dx240.

Jul 30, 2022 at 8:10 PM Post #216 of 505
How is the soundstage? Some reviews describe a smaller soundstage or at least not a lot of depth. Trying to decide between m7 and dx240.
You'll excuse me from the side I listened to it with Editon XS, but the sound field is normally wide. Listen to stereophonic sound and be surrounded by an amazing soundstage However, the M7 also requires the same burn-in time as the M8. High frequencies are particularly rough

Jul 31, 2022 at 10:55 PM Post #218 of 505
Now I have nothing to compare the M7 stage to, because I have sold all the other devices. In my opinion, the stage of the DX 220 + RSolar was larger in all directions, the positioning of the instruments is much less accurate. If we compare the M7 and Hifiman Ananda BT, then the M7 stage is also smaller. However, I think it's my headphones. Wait for a comparison in conjunction with Kinera Nana. I agree with the previous speaker that if Hifiman Xs is connected, the scene will be great.

Jul 31, 2022 at 11:00 PM Post #219 of 505
You'll excuse me from the side I listened to it with Editon XS, but the sound field is normally wide. Listen to stereophonic sound and be surrounded by an amazing soundstage However, the M7 also requires the same burn-in time as the M8. High frequencies are particularly rough
How's the treble after burn-in? Are you having any progress?

Aug 1, 2022 at 12:54 AM Post #220 of 505
How's the treble after burn-in? Are you having any progress?
The initial grittiness has been eliminated.
Great sound for both classical and jazz.
Techno music can be heard loud at times
This may be due to strong low frequencies.
I'm really worried about which one is better M8 or M7

I would like to wait for the AK4499EX after the M7!

Aug 1, 2022 at 10:35 AM Post #221 of 505
The initial grittiness has been eliminated.
Great sound for both classical and jazz.
Techno music can be heard loud at times
This may be due to strong low frequencies.
I'm really worried about which one is better M8 or M7

I would like to wait for the AK4499EX after the M7!
Maybe you should try some R2R DAPs as well. The 4499EX should be a downgrade from the 4499EQ if I am not mistaken.

Aug 1, 2022 at 9:32 PM Post #223 of 505
So... I got an M7 to pair with the Tansio Mirai Akiba.. Despite being early days, the combo sure sounds fantastic

9b369220-d546-414d-9b93-3e633d773a20.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back