Introducing Shanling M30 - Modular Desktop Hi-Fi Streaming Player
Jan 21, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #1,411 of 1,660
I’m still thinking about buying this……you owners have gone quiet…..too busy enjoying ?……or too fed up, with the software issues ??
Eddict player is bad, not stable enough
Shanling need to up their software team
I'm using bluetooth remote for my M30 & it becomes much more practical & enjoyable.

Jan 22, 2023 at 1:18 AM Post #1,413 of 1,660
Thanks for your thoughts. Yes, as I said, just concerned about all the software issues & the fact that they’re not addressed.
Eddict Player is the remote control app. Experiences seem to be mixed. For myself, I haven't had that much issues with it. The newer FW for the M30 now has a control bubble for volume for iOS devices running Eddict. So it has become easier to use with iDevices :)

If you intend to use it like the DMP, via its touch screen, the point is moot in any event.

Jan 22, 2023 at 4:17 AM Post #1,415 of 1,660
Gotta be honest...for $3,600...android 7 is not appealing when my Shanling M3 Ultra has Android 10 - and it's $400 - and works with everything I've thrown at it - and Streams Tidal.
Different use case. :)

Jan 22, 2023 at 4:36 AM Post #1,416 of 1,660
Eddict Player is the remote control app. Experiences seem to be mixed. For myself, I haven't had that much issues with it. The newer FW for the M30 now has a control bubble for volume for iOS devices running Eddict. So it has become easier to use with iDevices :)

If you intend to use it like the DMP, via its touch screen, the point is moot in any event.

Yes, of course, I have no need for Eddict Player, as such, but I could see the usefulness of it, if it works ok, but my DMP-Z1 was always to the side of me & as far as I know, you could not remotely control it.

Just curious, do you own a DMP, or heard it ?

Jan 22, 2023 at 6:20 AM Post #1,417 of 1,660
Yes, of course, I have no need for Eddict Player, as such, but I could see the usefulness of it, if it works ok, but my DMP-Z1 was always to the side of me & as far as I know, you could not remotely control it.

Just curious, do you own a DMP, or heard it ?
Yes, I own the DMP. If you are going to ask how does the M30 sound vis-a-vis the DMP, I will say that the M30 is probably richer and pithier in its sonic signature. And with it you have 3 modes: SS, nutube or bypass. I recall that @Whitigir loves the bypass most of all. I suspect that is the one which is likely closest to the DMP. For myself, I am a sucker for the nutube flavour. In fact I occasionally connect it to my Stax amps. Because I enjoy it so much.

As for the Eddict Player, as I said, there has been progress how it work (because of the improvement of the UI on the M30. And for most parts, I have no real issues with the Eddict Player working with my android devices or iDevices. But of course YMMV.

Jan 22, 2023 at 6:53 AM Post #1,418 of 1,660
Yes, I own the DMP. If you are going to ask how does the M30 sound vis-a-vis the DMP, I will say that the M30 is probably richer and pithier in its sonic signature. And with it you have 3 modes: SS, nutube or bypass. I recall that @Whitigir loves the bypass most of all. I suspect that is the one which is likely closest to the DMP. For myself, I am a sucker for the nutube flavour. In fact I occasionally connect it to my Stax amps. Because I enjoy it so much.

As for the Eddict Player, as I said, there has been progress how it work (because of the improvement of the UI on the M30. And for most parts, I have no real issues with the Eddict Player working with my android devices or iDevices. But of course YMMV.

How did you guess ! ? :beyersmile: ( I just knew you had to own one - you seem to own most audio devices. ) If it was purely on sound, which would you choose out of the two ?

Jan 22, 2023 at 7:10 AM Post #1,419 of 1,660
How did you guess ! ? :beyersmile: ( I just knew you had to own one - you seem to own most audio devices. ) If it was purely on sound, which would you choose out of the two ?
For sheer versatility in terms of 3 choices of sound signature and the options available and interconnectivity, the M30. And it is a non-fatiguing sound signature which I do enjoy. But then again, I am a sucker for the current Shanling house sound: M8, M9 and M30. Just as I am for the Sony house sound. You can of course tell by the Sony sources I have. :)

Jan 22, 2023 at 7:37 AM Post #1,420 of 1,660
For sheer versatility in terms of 3 choices of sound signature and the options available and interconnectivity, the M30. And it is a non-fatiguing sound signature which I do enjoy. But then again, I am a sucker for the current Shanling house sound: M8, M9 and M30. Just as I am for the Sony house sound. You can of course tell by the Sony sources I have. :)
…..and more than half the price of a DMP-Z1, for all the versatility. I must admit I’m very tempted……even if I’m fortunate enough to get my DMP repaired.

Jan 22, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #1,421 of 1,660
…..and more than half the price of a DMP-Z1, for all the versatility. I must admit I’m very tempted……even if I’m fortunate enough to get my DMP repaired.
I am sure the DMP can be fixed, just a matter of how much works, and how much parts it is going to cost, or will it be available

Jan 22, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #1,422 of 1,660
I am sure the DMP can be fixed, just a matter of how much works, and how much parts it is going to cost, or will it be available

Steve, already had a look & he said the parts were not available, so I’m not very optimistic at this point……& Sony have said all along, even with the first unit, that the parts were no longer available. Ideally, I don’t want a very expensive repair, when it cost so much to begin with, but at this moment in time, I have a black box, that may as well be a doorstop !

Jan 22, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #1,423 of 1,660
Steve, already had a look & he said the parts were not available, so I’m not very optimistic at this point……& Sony have said all along, even with the first unit, that the parts were no longer available. Ideally, I don’t want a very expensive repair, when it cost so much to begin with, but at this moment in time, I have a black box, that may as well be a doorstop !
But did Steve physically looked into the DMP ? Depends on what it is, it could be expensive. Otherwise, just sell it for parts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back