Introducing Shanling M30 - Modular Desktop Hi-Fi Streaming Player
Jan 21, 2023 at 3:50 AM Post #1,398 of 1,660
Cannot speak for others. But more former for me. YMMV. :)

Jan 21, 2023 at 4:20 AM Post #1,399 of 1,660
Cannot speak for others. But more former for me. YMMV. :)

I’ve just been reading some of your posts & notice that you purchased a Ibasso DX320. Haven’t read your feedback on that yet. Appreciate, that this is two different types of devices, but if you had to choose between the two, which would it be ??

I am still very tempted by the Shanling M30, but still concerned about the reported issues, that don’t seem to get fixed ?? I’ve never experienced listening to tube amp’s & I’m intrigued ?

I’ll read your feedback on the Ibasso. I always like to read your enthusiasm for the Shanling & I find that persuading.

Jan 21, 2023 at 5:29 AM Post #1,401 of 1,660
Sold mine so that I could move onto developing Walkman and Ibasso mods :), but shanling M30 is great

Thanks for that @Whitigir i still haven’t heard anything back from Sony, about my DMP-Z1 situation. The last two e mails, this week, after chasing up & last week, say it is being internally investigated & will contact very soon. I think i’m being fobbed off ??

I’ve actually put my complaint in writing to Sony, signed for delivery, so as they can’t say they haven’t received it. It was received on the 16th. I need to know the outcome of it all, before I decide sending it to Steve at NP. Audio.

Don’t know if I should be spending more money now, not knowing if I can get the DMP fixed & the cost ??…..but the Shanling M30 intrigues me……

Jan 21, 2023 at 5:54 AM Post #1,402 of 1,660
Thanks for that @Whitigir i still haven’t heard anything back from Sony, about my DMP-Z1 situation. The last two e mails, this week, after chasing up & last week, say it is being internally investigated & will contact very soon. I think i’m being fobbed off ??

I’ve actually put my complaint in writing to Sony, signed for delivery, so as they can’t say they haven’t received it. It was received on the 16th. I need to know the outcome of it all, before I decide sending it to Steve at NP. Audio.

Don’t know if I should be spending more money now, not knowing if I can get the DMP fixed & the cost ??…..but the Shanling M30 intrigues me……
I am sure Steve can work on it, or you can always sell it as “non functional/for part”

Jan 21, 2023 at 7:07 AM Post #1,403 of 1,660
I’ve just been reading some of your posts & notice that you purchased a Ibasso DX320. Haven’t read your feedback on that yet. Appreciate, that this is two different types of devices, but if you had to choose between the two, which would it be ??

I am still very tempted by the Shanling M30, but still concerned about the reported issues, that don’t seem to get fixed ?? I’ve never experienced listening to tube amp’s & I’m intrigued ?

I’ll read your feedback on the Ibasso. I always like to read your enthusiasm for the Shanling & I find that persuading.

Hahah! The 2 have very different use cases: one is part of my desktop rig; the other part of the portable set up. What I will say is that the M30 tube output is excellent and with the power amp module, it serves me very well. I even drive my Susvara and HE-6 with it. I do enjoy the DX320X with the Amp 14: another lovely tube implementation. It actually sounds like real tubes. None of the modern tube implementations where you can barely tell it’s tube.

I have the DX300 as well. I enjoy that as much as well. Great analogue sounding DAP. To me. And the recent FW update from iBasso has now upgraded the OS to Android 11 as well. :)

Most of the brands have their own quirks and issues. :)

Jan 21, 2023 at 7:12 AM Post #1,405 of 1,660
Hahah! The 2 have very different use cases: one is part of my desktop rig; the other part of the portable set up. What I will say is that the M30 tube output is excellent and with the power amp module, it serves me very well. I even drive my Susvara and HE-6 with it. I do enjoy the DX320X with the Amp 14: another lovely tube implementation. It actually sounds like real tubes. None of the modern tube implementations where you can barely tell it’s tube.

I have the DX300 as well. I enjoy that as much as well. Great analogue sounding DAP. To me. And the recent FW update from iBasso has now upgraded the OS to Android 11 as well. :)

Most of the brands have their own quirks and issues. :)

Thanks for your thoughts / feedback……ideally, I just want my DMP-Z1 fixed……( my second one…..after the first one was replaced…..if you follow the DMP-Z1 thread ? )

If I do get it fixed……there’s still temptation to buy other devices…..and never heard a tube sound…..

Jan 21, 2023 at 7:26 AM Post #1,406 of 1,660
Thanks for your thoughts / feedback……ideally, I just want my DMP-Z1 fixed……( my second one…..after the first one was replaced…..if you follow the DMP-Z1 thread ? )

If I do get it fixed……there’s still temptation to buy other devices…..and never heard a tube sound…..
If it does get fixed, then the DX320X with Amp14 makes eminent sense. For choice: one more desktop and other portable. Both with nutube.

If not, well… it depends on your use case. If it is easy to drive HPs, then the DX320X is fine. If not, the M30 is not too bad in terms of pricing.

Jan 21, 2023 at 7:31 AM Post #1,407 of 1,660
If it does get fixed, then the DX320X with Amp14 makes eminent sense. For choice: one more desktop and other portable. Both with nutube.

If not, well… it depends on your use case. If it is easy to drive HPs, then the DX320X is fine. If not, the M30 is not too bad in terms of pricing.

Thanks……that’s a sensible & logical thought, you put into my head, regards the first option.

I’ve got no HP’s that are difficult to drive.

( Perhaps, I should by both ! ? :beyersmile: )

Jan 21, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #1,408 of 1,660

Try to get it fixed first

I don’t know what price you could get for parts or who would be willing to tackle the job of fixing or even interested in it.

M30 is excellent, it has better amplifications and power supplies with replaceable batteries

Jan 21, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #1,409 of 1,660
Thanks……that’s a sensible & logical thought, you put into my head, regards the first option.

I’ve got no HP’s that are difficult to drive.

( Perhaps, I should by both ! ? :beyersmile: )
Indeed you could. :) I am a terrible person to ask. I like choice. Different flavours for different moods.

Jan 21, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #1,410 of 1,660
Indeed you could. :) I am a terrible person to ask. I like choice. Different flavours for different moods.

As I gathered ! :beyersmile: When I heard the DMP ( & I clocked up over 2.000 hours of listening, in just over 12 months. ) I had never ever heard audio like that before. Just unique & addictive, as you can tell, from my usage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back