Introducing LUNA by DUNU, the world's first pure beryllium rolled foil diaphragm flagship dynamic in-ear! (Page 18: Loan Tour Announcement)
Apr 3, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #302 of 422
Tour Update - 2020/04/03 (New Updates in Red)

In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, our first and foremost priority is to make sure participants and our own employees remain safe and are doing their parts in minimizing public risk.

Because many of our tour members reside in major metropolitan areas that are currently being hit hard by the virus, many are placed under strict stay-at-home orders. It is the opinion of our company that we do not proceed with a tour until signs that local epidemic curves begin to flatten. This means that we will discourage unnecessary trips to the post office, and we will continue to monitor the situation as it evolves daily.

Our evaluation criteria for restarting the tour will hinge around:
  1. a decrease in the number of new hospitalizations in the states or countries participating in the tour,
  2. a decrease in the number of new cases in the states or countries participating in the tour,
  3. a more concrete timetable for loosening of quarantine or stay-at-home measures.
The current status of the tour is listed below. Sign-up for the tour is now closed temporarily.

We may have one more tour unit that becomes available for individuals outside of North America and the EU, but we will wait until the there is more evidence of outbreak containment or mitigation before proceeding. There was a local mini-meet organized in Singapore for Friday, 4/3, but in light of new social distancing measures put in place by the Singaporean government this week, we cancelled the event and will postpone activities in Singapore until further notice.

European Tour
Description: Because the EU tour unit is already in the Paris metropolitan area, we've decided to group the multiple Parisians together in line for the tour. Apologies to members in Germany, Austria, and Poland, where the epidemiological curve has not been as steep. However, since the unit is already in Paris, we will wait and see when it will be reasonable to continue with the tour elsewhere.
Current User: @davidmolliere
Next User: @lafeuill
Remaining Slots: 0
In Line:

US/Mexico Tour (west of the Missouri)
Description: A few of the members of signed up reside in the Seattle-Tacoma metropolitan area, and we've been monitoring the Washington State epidemiological curve closely. There is hope that, perhaps partly due to Gov. Jay Inslee and the Washington State government's efforts on social distancing with strict stay-at-home measures, that new hospital admissions will go down within the next week and the rate of infection will slow down within the next two weeks. Thus, we are considering starting the tour within the next two weeks.
Current User: None
Next User: @antdroid
In Line:
US/Canada Tour (east of the Missouri)
Description: A few of the members reside in Canada, both Ontario and Quebec, both places where the epidemic curve is projected to worsen significantly over the next couple of weeks. Members residing in the US also are located in states where the epidemic curve will not start to flatten until the end of the month. Therefore, we will continue to hold this tour until the situation improves.
Next User: @riverground
In Line:

DUNU It's a good time to go #PRO. Our next generation of in-ears powered by ECLIPSƎ are here! Learn more on our official website. Stay updated on DUNU at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/DUNU.FANS/ https://twitter.com/DUNU_Headphone https://www.instagram.com/dunu_topsound/ https://www.dunu-topsound.com/ https://m.me/DUNU.FANS int_ops@dunu-topsound.com, support@dunutopsound.com
Apr 6, 2020 at 5:48 AM Post #304 of 422
I have setup a pickup with DHL so that the Luna moves on to @lafeuill he should get it wednesday.
The EU Tour can go on!

I'll sure miss the Luna and I am buying it as soon as I can (current context means I have to wait, as most in France these days with COVID partial unemployment doesn't help), I did some A/B yesterday and my other IEMs except the FIBAE7 sound dull by comparison, none of them has that insane dynamic range and clarity... beware, the Luna will spoil you!

Apr 6, 2020 at 6:06 AM Post #305 of 422
I have setup a pickup with DHL so that the Luna moves on to @lafeuill he should get it wednesday.
The EU Tour can go on!

I'll sure miss the Luna and I am buying it as soon as I can (current context means I have to wait, as most in France these days with COVID partial unemployment doesn't help), I did some A/B yesterday and my other IEMs except the FIBAE7 sound dull by comparison, none of them has that insane dynamic range and clarity... beware, the Luna will spoil you!
So true, all my iems sound dull too! Such a treat to listen to Luna, I might change my source to a more warm based DAP like M15 but even the DX220 is amazing with this!

Apr 6, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #306 of 422
So true, all my iems sound dull too! Such a treat to listen to Luna, I might change my source to a more warm based DAP like M15 but even the DX220 is amazing with this!

I am entering post partum depression parting with the Luna, so to speak :p

I won't have time to post real detailed A/B but the general picture after very quick A/B is that Luna has even more outstanding clarity than I thought, I spend a month listening only to the Luna and... few IEM can even come close on the chapter of clarity. None can on dynamics. As I said, it's just another league I'd be curious to A/B with Vision Ears Elysium...

Ah and... vocals!
Luna has such beautiful vocals... texture, timbre and a vibrant presentation...

Luckily I still have my Custom Art FIBAE7, which don't reach the Luna's clarity but provide similar excitement with a very different thicker, smoother and more romantic presentation. The Fusion are the next best thing is my collection on imaging and clarity, with a less vibrant presentation.

Luna is my next purchase when finances allow for it.
This is typically the kind of IEM that spells "endgame" and if I only had to keep two Luna and FIBAE7 would be it :D

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #307 of 422
I am entering post partum depression parting with the Luna, so to speak :p

I won't have time to post real detailed A/B but the general picture after very quick A/B is that Luna has even more outstanding clarity than I thought, I spend a month listening only to the Luna and... few IEM can even come close on the chapter of clarity. None can on dynamics. As I said, it's just another league I'd be curious to A/B with Vision Ears Elysium...

Ah and... vocals!
Luna has such beautiful vocals... texture, timbre and a vibrant presentation...

Luckily I still have my Custom Art FIBAE7, which don't reach the Luna's clarity but provide similar excitement with a very different thicker, smoother and more romantic presentation. The Fusion are the next best thing is my collection on imaging and clarity, with a less vibrant presentation.

Luna is my next purchase when finances allow for it.
This is typically the kind of IEM that spells "endgame" and if I only had to keep two Luna and FIBAE7 would be it :D
I agree, at this level of sound I doubt anything pricier iem would be "better" than this, it will only be different.

I thought I'll buy the erlkonig after mid-year but now I wonder why bother!!

Apr 6, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #308 of 422
I agree, at this level of sound I doubt anything pricier iem would be "better" than this, it will only be different.
I thought I'll buy the erlkonig after mid-year but now I wonder why bother!!

Erlkönig is a great IEM with top performance, the Luna is more vibrant though, more vivid with greater dynamics and clarity...

Apr 6, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #309 of 422
Ooh well,it would be nice to join this tour, but I'll wait until things quiet down in the world (of course, I'll never have as much free listening time as I have now...)

Apr 8, 2020 at 4:50 AM Post #311 of 422
Well for that price it better be! Although i doubt it it's greatness will be worth 2000USD extra!!

Well it's jewelry as much as it's an IEM, full silver shells are bound to be expensive. It's a price no object item, and it won't disappoint for sure :)

I would say on the flipside Luna delivers a LOT for its money in this day and age of inflated prices....

Apr 9, 2020 at 3:24 AM Post #312 of 422
Tour Update - 2020/04/08 (New Updates in Fuschia)

In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, our first and foremost priority is to make sure participants and our own employees remain safe and are doing their parts in minimizing public risk. Because many of our tour members reside in major metropolitan areas that are currently being hit hard by the virus, many are placed under strict stay-at-home orders. It is the opinion of our company that we do not proceed with a tour until signs that local epidemic curves begin to flatten. This means that we will discourage unnecessary trips to the post office, and we will continue to monitor the situation as it evolves daily.

1. a decrease in the number of new hospitalizations in the states or countries participating in the tour,
  2. a decrease in the number of new cases in the states or countries participating in the tour,
  3. a more concrete timetable for loosening of quarantine or stay-at-home measures.
The current status of the tour is listed below. Sign-up for the tour is now closed temporarily.

We may have one more tour unit that becomes available for individuals outside of North America and the EU, but we will wait until the there is more evidence of outbreak containment or mitigation before proceeding. There was a local mini-meet organized in Singapore for Friday, 4/3, but in light of new social distancing measures put in place by the Singaporean government this week, we cancelled the event and will postpone activities in Singapore until further notice.

European Tour
Description:
Because the EU tour unit is already in the Paris metropolitan area, we've decided to group the multiple Parisians together in line for the tour. Apologies to members in Germany, Austria, and Poland, where the epidemiological curve has not been as steep. However, since the unit is already in Paris, we will wait and see when it will be reasonable to continue with the tour elsewhere.

Finished:
Current User: @lafeuill
Next User: @Ckro
In Line:

Description: A few of the members of signed up reside in the Seattle-Tacoma metropolitan area, and we've been monitoring the Washington State epidemiological curve closely. There is hope that, perhaps partly due to Gov. Jay Inslee and the Washington State government's efforts on social distancing with strict stay-at-home measures, that new hospital admissions will go down within the next week and the rate of infection will slow down within the next two weeks. Thus, we are considering starting the tour within the next two weeks.
In Line:
Description: A few of the members reside in Canada, both Ontario and Quebec, both places where the epidemic curve is projected to worsen significantly over the next couple of weeks. Members residing in the US also are located in states where the epidemic curve will not start to flatten until the end of the month. Therefore, we will continue to hold this tour until the situation improves.
In Line:

Ooh well,it would be nice to join this tour, but I'll wait until things quiet down in the world (of course, I'll never have as much free listening time as I have now...)

Depending on where you're located, we can always try to expand on the list of tour members. We merely wanted to keep the list manageable at first because of all the uncertainty going on. We're already experiencing quite a few shipping disruptions around the globe, with big delays on transit time and couriers ceasing to guarantee delivery dates. If we were to somehow have to pause the tour indefinitely, we wouldn't want to disappoint too many people.

In other news, we just launched a new mini-ad for the LUNA. We took public access archive footage and spliced together a special homage to the moon landing over 50 years ago.

Last edited:
DUNU It's a good time to go #PRO. Our next generation of in-ears powered by ECLIPSƎ are here! Learn more on our official website. Stay updated on DUNU at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/DUNU.FANS/ https://twitter.com/DUNU_Headphone https://www.instagram.com/dunu_topsound/ https://www.dunu-topsound.com/ https://m.me/DUNU.FANS int_ops@dunu-topsound.com, support@dunutopsound.com
Apr 9, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #313 of 422
I went through about half of this thread, haven't gotten to how to sign for the tour. Any links?

Apr 9, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #314 of 422
I went through about half of this thread, haven't gotten to how to sign for the tour. Any links?

The title of the thread indexes Page 18:
March Update - COVID-19, Shipments, Tour, and Private Client Programmes!

COVID-19 Epidemic and Shipments

As most of you are aware, the COVID-19 epidemic has spread on a global scale. While the number of new cases in China has not been as high lately, the measures that have been put in place to control the outbreak have significantly impacted our operations. Our offices in Shenzhen, for example, can only operate for half a working day, so everything is slowed down by half a day (effectively a whole day) for not only shipping but also service and repairs. There are other factors at play that are out of our control; courier pickup and lead times are now highly variable, irrespective of whether it is SF Express, DHL, FedEx, or anything else. It is sometimes difficult to predict whether transit times will be as scheduled, delayed by one day, or by multiple days. So it is definitely a bit of a trying period for us.

The good news is that, since 2/28, we've been able to replenish a limited amount of stock for the LUNA (and ship out a good number of them as well!). We have thus far not run into supply shortages. Most importantly, our fellow employees all seem to be in good health and spirits --- we've also taken all safety precautions with personal protective equipment, surgical masks, and maintaining a minimum radius of distance from one another. Everyone has been instructed on proper hygiene practices such as adequate hand washing techniques and self-reporting of any upper/lower respiratory symptoms.

LUNA Tour (US, Canada, Europe)

In light of a lack of shows and meets until June in SoCal, after these initial delays, we have finally managed to get our tour program going.

Here are some details:
  1. Two Units for the US & Canada, and One for Europe, with a planned provision for East Asia / SEA
    • The two units for US/Canada will be divided by address: those living west of the Missouri river will be on tour with one unit, while those east of the Missouri will be with the other unit.
    • The European one is already out on tour, while we are waiting to replace a couple of plugs and tips here and there for the US tour to get going. It should be ready in a week or so.
  2. Number of People:
    • 5 people per unit at the beginning, and we will accept more people from a waiting list as time allows.
  3. Length of Tour:
    • 7 to 9 days per member
    • Depending on what the person plans on doing with it a person may request more time with it.
    • For example, a person who plans on writing a full review may request additional time, given the approval of the person after him/her in line.
    • We do not recommend a period of more than 12 days and reserve the right to truncate the tour length.
  4. Tour Requirements:
    • Because the way everyone participates in online discussion is different, we won't have strict requirements, but the general understanding is that participating members should:
      • Actively participate in the discussion of sound impressions in the impressions thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dunu-luna-impressions-and-discussion.923958/
      • Write a sizable post with detailed impressions of your experience with LUNA.
      • Comparisons and pictures encouraged, or if the format is more compatible with your usual mode of participation, write a review in the showcase area.
  5. Troubleshooting:
    • If you encounter sound/technical issues during the tour process, please let us know at once, via PM and/or e-mail.
    • If it is a readily remediable issue, we will work with you to ameliorate the situation. If not, the tour leg is halted and the unit will be sent back to DUNU for analysis/repair.
  6. Shipping:
    • DUNU will be responsible for the generation of shipping labels.
    • If you encounter customs/import issues, please

For all those interested in joining the tour, please visit our website to apply:
https://www.dunu-topsound.com/loan-tour

Also, please leave a reply in this thread to indicate your interest in joining the tour.

LUNA Private Client Programme

What if you live in a remote area, or you wish to listen to the LUNA for a longer period of time to decide whether you wish to purchase LUNA?
Simultaneously, we're launching the LUNA Private Client Programme.
  • For a refundable security deposit of $600 (credit card is processed through Stripe), private clients will be able to audition LUNA for 14 days.
  • At the end of the period, if you don't feel LUNA is right for you, only a $40 S&H charge will be applied.
  • If you end up loving LUNA, the deposit will be credited toward your purchase total. We ship you a brand new LUNA in retail box.
  • Please note that we are opening this program only for potential clients who may not be located close to areas with readily accessible listening units of the LUNA. Otherwise, we will direct people toward stores with listening units of the LUNA if they are with distance of a store that carries the LUNA.
If you feel this program is right for you, please also visit our website to apply
(Choose 'LUNA Private Client Programme' instead):
https://www.dunu-topsound.com/loan-tour

Apr 9, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #315 of 422
Tour Update - 2020/04/08 (New Updates in Fuschia)

In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, our first and foremost priority is to make sure participants and our own employees remain safe and are doing their parts in minimizing public risk. Because many of our tour members reside in major metropolitan areas that are currently being hit hard by the virus, many are placed under strict stay-at-home orders. It is the opinion of our company that we do not proceed with a tour until signs that local epidemic curves begin to flatten. This means that we will discourage unnecessary trips to the post office, and we will continue to monitor the situation as it evolves daily.

European Tour
Description:
Because the EU tour unit is already in the Paris metropolitan area, we've decided to group the multiple Parisians together in line for the tour. Apologies to members in Germany, Austria, and Poland, where the epidemiological curve has not been as steep. However, since the unit is already in Paris, we will wait and see when it will be reasonable to continue with the tour elsewhere.

Finished:
Current User: @lafeuill
Next User: @Ckro
In Line:

In Line:
In Line:

Depending on where you're located, we can always try to expand on the list of tour members. We merely wanted to keep the list manageable at first because of all the uncertainty going on. We're already experiencing quite a few shipping disruptions around the globe, with big delays on transit time and couriers ceasing to guarantee delivery dates. If we were to somehow have to pause the tour indefinitely, we wouldn't want to disappoint too many people.

In other news, we just launched a new mini-ad for the LUNA. We took public access archive footage and spliced together a special homage to the moon landing over 50 years ago.

Appreciate the regular updates. Still looking very forward to testing out the Luna!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back