Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Sep 10, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #4,246 of 4,766
Just curious to hear from people who have the LPG Diana and the Sony NW - WM1Z. How would you characterize the two? Which do you like best? I have my thoughts, but I said always same curious as to what others think...

Sep 10, 2018 at 11:22 PM Post #4,247 of 4,766
I have the LPG (not Diana) and the WM1A (not Z), I love them both. The sound of the LPG is more pleasing to me — more “you are there” in the room with the musicians (as Grado headphones also sound) with simultaneously more sound extent (“air” or “space”) and tighter positional focus of instruments, as well as its great parametric EQ. I like the user interface better for the Sony, with its ability to show album art, its ability to feed a DAC (with the right Sony connector), and its more complete spatial use of its display. I also love the balanced output of the Sony, as well as the opportunity to use same-manufacturer headphones (Z7) and IEMs (Z5).

Sep 12, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #4,248 of 4,766
I have the LPG (not Diana) and the WM1A (not Z), I love them both. The sound of the LPG is more pleasing to me — more “you are there” in the room with the musicians (as Grado headphones also sound) with simultaneously more sound extent (“air” or “space”) and tighter positional focus of instruments, as well as its great parametric EQ. I like the user interface better for the Sony, with its ability to show album art, its ability to feed a DAC (with the right Sony connector), and its more complete spatial use of its display. I also love the balanced output of the Sony, as well as the opportunity to use same-manufacturer headphones (Z7) and IEMs (Z5).

Lately I've been listening to the Sony exclusively, because I absolutely love what it does with metal music. LPG is much better with jazz and classical

Sep 12, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #4,249 of 4,766
Lately I've been listening to the Sony exclusively, because I absolutely love what it does with metal music. LPG is much better with jazz and classical
Consistent with what I hear... I NEVER listen to Metal, and I nearly Always listen to jazz, or classical, (or pop), and find the LPG great for these.

Sep 12, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #4,250 of 4,766
Consistent with what I hear... I NEVER listen to Metal, and I nearly Always listen to jazz, or classical, (or pop), and find the LPG great for these.

Now I am left wanting the Sony NW-WM1Z... we must be polar opposites. LOL The only two genres that never go on my players are pop and rap. I even have some electronic music like Kraftwerk and Ozric Tentacles on my players. A pretty diverse group of music altogether. A little Floyd, some grunge, and a sprinkling of alternative, like Mazzy Star...

Sep 15, 2018 at 4:09 AM Post #4,251 of 4,766
Is the LPG good for metal?

Sep 15, 2018 at 4:17 AM Post #4,252 of 4,766
Sep 17, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #4,253 of 4,766
Now wait to hear lpgt :) dang it gona reap all other daps?

When is this thing going to be released its so hard find any kind of information about this and there website is not helpfull.

Sep 21, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #4,254 of 4,766
Hi
I need your help please.
I have a LPG (before 2017) and I have few issues.
1- I cant update my firmware.
2- I cant play iso sacd
3-When i play sacd rip (files) this is not gapless i have noise like « crack » between the tracks.
Please help me if you can.
I spend a lot of money for this product .
Thank you by advance.

Sep 21, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #4,255 of 4,766
Hi
I need your help please.
I have a LPG (before 2017) and I have few issues.
1- I cant update my firmware.
2- I cant play iso sacd
3-When i play sacd rip (files) this is not gapless i have noise like « crack » between the tracks.
Please help me if you can.
I spend a lot of money for this product .
Thank you by advance.

#1 can't help with that
#2 make sure they are DSD and not DST... LPG no like DST
#3 that is normal. the device loses and regains lock on frequency

Sep 21, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #4,257 of 4,766
Wow thank you very much for your quick answer.
How can I check my iso are dsd and not dst ? I don’t understand this point.

if you load the .iso into Xrecode it will tell you the file format inside. when I ripped my SACD collection I had an option to convert DST to DSD and once I did that my SACD ISOs played fine. don't ask me why some SACDs are in DSD and others in DST, cause I have no clue. I just stumbled across this while dropping ISOs into the LPG. doing it the ISO route clears up the clicks between tracks

Sep 21, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #4,259 of 4,766
With Xrecode you cant create an iso.
I don’t see this option.
I can convert dst to dsd but in dff or dsf file not iso.

I just read the file format with Xrecode.. I rip my SACDs to DSDISO using Sonore's ISO to DSD. it allows me to chose how the ISO is constructed (DSD or DST inside the ISO wrapper)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back