Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Jan 1, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #107 of 4,765
Mine is 5.0.1.255,so maybe yours is latest.
Do you have English in the menu? ----> Yes.

Anyway i know Lotoo is working hard on different firmware, we just need to wait.How is your battery time remaining when you listen to DSD? ----> I haven't gotten that far haha! Up until an hour or so ago, I was figuring how to get music into the thing to play!

What's the max size SD card it can take? Any recommendation of brand and model?

Jan 1, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #108 of 4,765
where can you buy these things? and how much are they?

Thanks

Jan 1, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #109 of 4,765
  where can you buy these things? and how much are they?

Thanks

It can be purchase from dealers and for certain places by emailing them directly, however it is not cheap. It is 2k USD and upwards depending where you live.

This is my major issue with it. At least compared to Ak120 which costed 1.5K it has a lot better sound to offer but than again if anyone wants to spend 2.5 K on a product there are better desktop setup out there. 

Product like JH Audio Layla, AK240 and Lotoo PAW Gold are more toys for those who have got it all and just want to have the same desktop experience miles away from their home rig. Now the question is how comparable are those to ones home rig? That really depends on your home right setup.

I dont want to start a price war argument here but considering who the makers of PAW Gold is we can be sure that PAW Gold is designed to place sound first and to my ears they did however lack of internal memory and more comprehensive UI has placed it in an awkward situation against its current competitors the AK240. However as few of the Japanese owners of both the AK240 and Lotoo written if sound Lotoo can hold its ground against AK240, I cannot conform this as I dont own an AK240. 

My wish was that Lotoo PAW Gold prices was more inline with AK120 or the AK1200 II, this would mean they would become more accessible to everyone. I rather have everyone experience this sound than just very few. It is out of my control, I wish I had the power to make a difference but I dont. 

Jan 1, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #110 of 4,765
I think the Paw Gold has a fair price.Is got a sapphire glass screen, aerospace grade aluminium and 24k gold plated parts.
I know some may not be interested in this but i do believe that the quality should be in the construction of the DAP and a great SQ and Lotoo has them both.
For the best card i recommend Sandisk Extreme Pro 128 GB SDXC 95mb/s.Very fast and reliable card.
You can go for 256 GB if you have the money. For best results the card should be formatted in the player.

Jan 1, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #111 of 4,765
I think the Paw Gold has a fair price.Is got a sapphire glass screen, aerospace grade aluminium and 24k gold plated parts.
I know some may not be interested in this but i do believe that the quality should be in the construction of the DAP and a great SQ and Lotoo has them both.
For the best card i recommend Sandisk Extreme Pro 128 GB SDXC 95mb/s.Very fast and reliable card.
You can go for 256 GB if you have the money. For best results the card should be formatted in the player.

The pricing seems a bit a much IMHO especially for a new comer and especially since the AK240 is now going for ~$2.2k. At this point you would have to handicap the Paw Gold as it is a) A newcomer b) Uncertain on resale value c) Unknown reliability & service track record d) Functionally more limited than the AKs, ZX1s etc...

Assuming all the good things said are accurate a street price of around $1.4-$1.5k would really make much more sense. Since this seems to be the only digital player they have it's hard to use this to drive volume sales of lower end offerings like I'm sure the AK240 does to certain extent.

Jan 1, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #112 of 4,765
It can be purchase from dealers and for certain places by emailing them directly, however it is not cheap. It is 2k USD and upwards depending where you live.

This is my major issue with it. At least compared to Ak120 which costed 1.5K it has a lot better sound to offer but than again if anyone wants to spend 2.5 K on a product there are better desktop setup out there. 

And I would bet good money it is the most solid DAP out there...unbreakable.

Product like JH Audio Layla, AK240 and Lotoo PAW Gold are more toys for those who have got it all and just want to have the same desktop experience miles away from their home rig. Now the question is how comparable are those to ones home rig? That really depends on your home right setup.

I dont want to start a price war argument here but considering who the makers of PAW Gold is we can be sure that PAW Gold is designed to place sound first and to my ears they did however lack of internal memory and more comprehensive UI has placed it in an awkward situation against its current competitors the AK240. However as few of the Japanese owners of both the AK240 and Lotoo written if sound Lotoo can hold its ground against AK240, I cannot conform this as I dont own an AK240. 

My wish was that Lotoo PAW Gold prices was more inline with AK120 or the AK1200 II, this would mean they would become more accessible to everyone. I rather have everyone experience this sound than just very few. It is out of my control, I wish I had the power to make a difference but I dont. 
Are you kidding, the Paw blows the AK120 out of the water sound wise. It is approximately at the level of my RWAK240 and the AK120 version I is far behind...sold it in a gist.

I thought it was expensive before but now that I heard it and FELT it, I can say the quality is incredible. 1.5k would be a fairer price compared to competition.

Jan 1, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #113 of 4,765
Pretty darn close to 1.5K

http://bbs.erji.com/read.php?tid=1741362

刚刚某宝熟店给了我个9600的价。。看来赶紧付款

Someone in China actually received PAW Gold for wedding anniversary, his wife was so incredibly sweet and he kinda preferred Hugo instead. LOL

http://bbs.erji.com/read.php?tid=1758650

Jan 1, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #114 of 4,765
  However as few of the Japanese owners of both the AK240 and Lotoo written if sound Lotoo can hold its ground against AK240, I cannot conform this as I dont own an AK240. 

I have a RWAK240 and a Lotoo, and I tested the Lotoo against an AK240 at e-earphones. Over that short demo, I felt the Lotoo was better than the stock 240 on SE. Quite clearly so. I thought the Lotoo was 'meatier' and just all-around better. But against my RWAK240 on balanced out, I thought the Lotoo was no match. Then again, I am of the opinion that the balanced out on the RWAK240 is very hard to beat. However, with an external amp, the Lotoo is better than the RWAK240, and that's saying a lot as I have the + mod, which has a true line out.

Is it worth its asking price? Like everything in the market, what is a ransom to some may be a bargain to others. Trying to justify the price tag from the cost of material is pointless, as there are so many factors that go into production costs, not to mention recouping any R&D investment, it is like counting ants. If you can afford it, go for it, you will like it. If you cannot, don't sweat it, it's not that great.

Jan 1, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #115 of 4,765
Is has the build quality, is has an awesome SQ,great price,OLED screen that i like,simple UI,very fast boot up time,very powerful 500 mW @32 oHm and very long battery life for a DSD player.
No need need to worry about lack of internal memory. Next year we can buy 256 GB cards as the price of 128 GB ones. :)

Jan 1, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #116 of 4,765
Jan 1, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #117 of 4,765
I have a RWAK240 and a Lotoo, and I tested the Lotoo against an AK240 at e-earphones. Over that short demo, I felt the Lotoo was better than the stock 240 on SE. Quite clearly so. I thought the Lotoo was 'meatier' and just all-around better. But against my RWAK240 on balanced out, I thought the Lotoo was no match. Then again, I am of the opinion that the balanced out on the RWAK240 is very hard to beat. However, with an external amp, the Lotoo is better than the RWAK240, and that's saying a lot as I have the + mod, which has a true line out.

Is it worth its asking price? Like everything in the market, what is a ransom to some may be a bargain to others. Trying to justify the price tag from the cost of material is pointless, as there are so many factors that go into production costs, not to mention recouping any R&D investment, it is like counting ants. If you can afford it, go for it, you will like it. If you cannot, don't sweat it, it's not that great.
The RWAK240 balanced line out, you mean with headphones? Because with IEMs I did not hear much of a difference...

Jan 1, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #119 of 4,765
To my ears the Paw is more a neutral to treble focused/finished signature. I found it pairing with warmer IEMs more nicely than the HM-901 with discrete amp board.

As such I prefer my K10's & MH335DW-SR with the Paw then the HM-901.

With a neutral bright IEM however (such as the Dita's) I think I need more testing. I -speculate- I may prefer the Dita's with the HM-901. This is stressed again, speculation till I try.

All this though is purely tonal signature. Not talked about soundstage, instrument distinction/separation, etc.

Jan 1, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #120 of 4,765
That is also my finding. I do not find PAW to have any particular color and perhaps the lack of excessive lower end focus is creating the sense of treble focus.

My only issue with dita pairing is the bass becomes a tad slower and little loss which can be easily solved by adding an amp, but that defies the purpose for me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back