Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Jul 16, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #4,186 of 4,765
Do LPG2017 have the same screen degradation problems as original LPG? Just purchased one and waiting for it to be delivered.
Thx in advance.

Jul 16, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #4,187 of 4,765
Do LPG2017 have the same screen degradation problems as original LPG? Just purchased one and waiting for it to be delivered.
Thx in advance.

I keep my Diana on the lowest brightness setting, and I have had no problems yet and it's coming up on two years old.

Jul 16, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #4,188 of 4,765
Thanks for feedback. 2 years is good. However if it lasts 4+ years I will consider it a success. Strange decision to put such screen under sapphire glass.

Jul 16, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #4,189 of 4,765
My headphone jack on my Lotoo just became intermittent, losing one of the channels unless I wiggle it.

Is this something that takes resoldering after taking the PAW Gold apart? Is it so simple that a caveman can do it?

Lotoo thinks so and send me a picture of the bare board. I looked inside and got intimidated by the tremendous amount of stuff that has to come out to get to the board. Lotoo, with shipping, customs, and getting a new battery would fix it for about $340 from the U.S.

I already spent a similar amount on a display replacement!!

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #4,190 of 4,765
My headphone jack on my Lotoo just became intermittent, losing one of the channels unless I wiggle it.

Is this something that takes resoldering after taking the PAW Gold apart? Is it so simple that a caveman can do it?

Lotoo thinks so and send me a picture of the bare board. I looked inside and got intimidated by the tremendous amount of stuff that has to come out to get to the board. Lotoo, with shipping, customs, and getting a new battery would fix it for about $340 from the U.S.

I already spent a similar amount on a display replacement!!

Out of curiosity, what brightness setting did you keep your screen at?

Jul 16, 2018 at 11:13 PM Post #4,191 of 4,765
My LPG went into stand still mode with error stating as follow but no key will respond.

SYSTEM ERROR!
PLEASE PRESS <RESET. KEY TO REBOOT

Is there anyway to reboot this thing or is this now brick until I wait for battery to drain as is??

Jul 16, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #4,192 of 4,765
I had to remove the cover and unplug the power cable to have this reboot but the player seems to become non responsive
after having more than 6K + song under SD card. Is there any limit as how many songs LPG can handle? Do you known
if this is a known issue?

Jul 17, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #4,193 of 4,765
A
Out of curiosity, what brightness setting did you keep your screen at?
On the current (new) display... medium (or low is also ok inside). On the old one as it’s contrast died...high!

Jul 17, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #4,194 of 4,765
My LPG went into stand still mode with error stating as follow but no key will respond.

SYSTEM ERROR!

Is there anyway to reboot this thing or is this now brick until I wait for battery to drain as is??

There's a small reset hole on the opposite side of the USB port that you can poke to do a reset.

What's the format of your SD card? I had problems with fat32 on my 128gb. You may want to try exfat. Also update to the latest firmware

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #4,195 of 4,765

SYSTEM ERROR!

Isn't there a little pin hole in it somewhere that you press with the pin for reset?

Jul 17, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #4,196 of 4,765
Is Diana = LPG2017 or it is something else?

Jul 17, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #4,197 of 4,765
Is Diana = LPG2017 or it is something else?

It just has special firmware geared toward harder to drive headphones. It is different than 2017

Jul 18, 2018 at 12:17 AM Post #4,198 of 4,765
There's a small reset hole on the opposite side of the USB port that you can poke to do a reset.

What's the format of your SD card? I had problems with fat32 on my 128gb. You may want to try exfat. Also update to the latest firmware

Thanks for your tip. I have Samsung 256GB SDXC formatted in exfat. My firmware is 5.0.1.19 so should be latest. I no longer have the issue after deleting
all my m4a files to bring the total songs to 3500. Still not certain if there is limit on number of song it can handle.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #4,199 of 4,765
My Lotoo PAW Gold has just developed an intermittent connection in the left channel of the headphone jack. Ever dealt with this?

An inquiry to Lotoo informs me that as long as I can solder, I can fix it (they sent a picture with the unit dissembled and the jacks outlined).
Sorry to read about your headphone jack issue. I hope you can fix it yourself as $340 (total costs) ain't cheap.

For what's it worth, you can still use the line out as a back up solution. But make sure you put the 'Lineout level switch' on first, to avoid your eardrums getting blown out at 100% volume.
When I tested it myself I was surprised that the PMEQ settings also still worked from line out, somehow I expected that it would bypass those settings :thinking:

Thanks for your tip. I have Samsung 256GB SDXC formatted in exfat. My firmware is 5.0.1.19 so should be latest. I no longer have the issue after deleting
all my m4a files to bring the total songs to 3500. Still not certain if there is limit on number of song it can handle.

Around 3500 songs should give no limit issue at all. I have over 14K songs on mine (512gb, exfat formatted, Kingston card inside) currently, but only a few of these files are m4a.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #4,200 of 4,765
When I tested it myself I was surprised that the PMEQ settings also still worked from line out, somehow I expected that it would bypass those settings :thinking:

Erik, the PMEQ is applied to the digital data prior to Digital to Analog conversion. So the selected EQ will apply on LO as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back