Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Oct 28, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #3,916 of 4,765
LotooEQ1mod.gif
LotooEQ2mod.gif

Oct 28, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #3,917 of 4,765

Oleg, what is this a spoiler of, considering LPG thread? :wink: The last I heard, LPG v2 with touch screen was up in the air, set for maybe some time in 2018... ?!?

Oct 29, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #3,919 of 4,765
This setting is perfect for Rush Moving Pictures in 96kHz/24bit. The treble and mid-range is still crystal clear but tamed, and the notes sound full and rich.
20171029_091840.jpg

Oct 29, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #3,920 of 4,765
This setting is perfect for Rush Moving Pictures in 96kHz/24bit. The treble and mid-range is still crystal clear but tamed, and the notes sound full and rich.
Thanks for sharing (again) :thumbsup:

Rush is one of my favorite bands (grew up listening to them), also amazing live performers (saw them on their R30 tour)
2112, A Farewell to Kings and Moving Pictures are still their best studio albums imo

Listening to Tom Sawyer (96kHz/24bit) right now (loaner qdc Gemini in my ears)....oh man, just gotta love this dap :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #3,921 of 4,765
Thanks for sharing (again) :thumbsup:

Rush is one of my favorite bands (grew up listening to them), also amazing live performers (saw them on their R30 tour)
2112, A Farewell to Kings and Moving Pictures are still their best studio albums imo

Listening to Tom Sawyer (96kHz/24bit) right now (loaner qdc Gemini in my ears)....oh man, just gotta love this dap :ksc75smile:

This slightly altered setting is a little bit better if you are treble adverse.

20171029_114540.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #3,922 of 4,765
20171029_215306.jpg
Okay, I have been tinkering with the PMEQ for weeks. This last one is so sweet with Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 and AKG K812s. This is my best sounding effort yet by a sizable margin. Fun, musical, lush, full, no veil, no sibilance. Play with db +/- on filters 3, 4, and 5 to suit tastes for treble. Tinkering with the Q setting and lowering it can really change the sound as well especially in the lower frequencies. The lower the Q number The Wider to either side of the desired frequency it will affect. Putting a one there will target mostly the frequency range designated. I have actually been able to make this sound like a totally different DAP just using PMEQ. I cannot believe how versatile it is.

Latest improvement...Listen to Pearl Jam Black on Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7GMs. You will not be sorry with that setting. It is delightful. I am actually having so much fun tinkering around with the PMEQ. Now comes the time to carefully think through some presets based on the kind of music I listen to.
First, I just wanted to learn how to use the thing. To think that I hated the AKG K812 when I first heard them through Lotoo Paw Gold Diana. With these settings, I now love the combination. I want Sennheiser HD660S now. Everybody needs to just screw around with the parametric equalizer nearly to an endless degree. Sooner or later you will be rewarded with your perfect setting for your ears. The frequency manipulation with the parametric equalizer sounds like the natural player; nothing sounds forced, unnatural, or distorted.
20171029_222812.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #3,923 of 4,765
This little device never ceases to amaze me. It drives the HD800S with full authority. It is still within the optimal operation range of the Amp at 36/75 on volume on High Gain. That gives enough headroom to adjust the volume without ever getting into the extreme operational limits of the Amp.

But what seals the deal is the Parametric EQ. With the EQ, I am able to shave off all treble peaks on the HD800S and add some bass. @Quadfather , totally agree with you. The device transforms my HD800S into an organic sounding HP. I am unable to achieve similar results on multi driver IEMs, but that's alright. LPG is probably one of my best investments in this hobby.

IMG_2609.JPG

Nov 23, 2017 at 11:40 PM Post #3,930 of 4,765
ABYSS Headphones We engineer, machine, and build our headphones from scratch in New York, USA. Stay updated on ABYSS Headphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AbyssHeadphones https://twitter.com/AbyssHeadphones https://www.instagram.com/abyssheadphones/ https://abyss-headphones.com/ info@Abyss-Headphones.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back