Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Oct 22, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #3,902 of 4,765
cupPam

Hey guys.

Since we are talking screens. Anyone experienced anything like this ?
That's bad, looks like some pixels are dead? How long did you had it? Contact Lotoo and see what they say. I see faults with the screen now that years before didn't, so obviously the type of O
True but I see no backlighting on mine. I believe that it is OLED as advertised. It looks like it and dies like it.
Yes, this OLED type similar more or less with the one used in Sandisk Sansa Clip+.
There is no backlight as expected with OLED, only when you put the brightness on higher the organic diodes consume more energy to be brighter.So apart the sapphire used to cover the screen, this OLED used is from the 90's IMHO.
My advice to all LPG owners is to use the screen on minimum brightness and not longer then 10-15 seconds at the time to prevent issues from occuring.

Oct 22, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #3,903 of 4,765
True but I see no backlighting on mine. I believe that it is OLED as advertised. It looks like it and dies like it.
If I set brightness to high, the background also goes a bit brighter. It should not be if the screen is OLED since the LED stays off when it suppose to be black.

Oct 23, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #3,905 of 4,765
Thanks!

It would be nice if there would be any info regarding the update itself.
I updated once in the past and didn't notice any difference at all.
Still on 5.0.1.12 now, but I might give this one another try :thinking:

Btw, anybody out there who has already tried this 5.0.1.16?
If so, any noticeable differences?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #3,906 of 4,765
Thanks!

It would be nice if there would be any info regarding the update itself.
I updated once in the past and didn't notice any difference at all.
Still on 5.0.1.12 now, but I might give this one another try :thinking:

Btw, anybody out there who has already tried this 5.0.1.16?
If so, any noticeable differences?
Thanks in advance!
The updates are :

1) improve FLAC decoding
2) improve system stability
3) make the distinction between traditional and simplified chinese
4) I don't understand the last one, something not supported anymore

Oct 25, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #3,909 of 4,765
Anyone with screen problem with their LPG send an email to: <xuhang@iet-design.com> their base is in China

Can they ship the display module to us? It is really easy to replace the display on the LPG.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #3,915 of 4,765
I can hear changes to 20,000 Hz on the Lotoo Paw Gold Diana PMEQ. Does that mean I am a rare 53 year old who can hear up to 20 kilohertz?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back