Introducing Head-Fi Classifieds!
May 6, 2023 at 4:13 PM Post #393 of 449
May be I have not explained the problem well…
When I want to close the classified because it is sold the site ask me the second party….
What is the second part?
So it is impossible to close the listing

May 7, 2023 at 4:29 AM Post #397 of 449
There is not this option. It is impossible to close it without the insertion of the second party user name!
Capture d’écran 2023-05-07 à 10.28.48.png
Capture d’écran 2023-05-07 à 10.33.56.png

Last edited:
May 10, 2023 at 6:50 PM Post #400 of 449
Updated Requirements for Head-Fi Classifieds:

Hey Everyone,

We’re always looking for and working on ways to improve the site, and Head-Fi’er feedback is one of the best ways for us to know what sort of features and changes the community would like to see. Recently, we’ve had a handful of instances where an account was compromised due to reused login details — usernames, email addresses, and passwords primarily. To be clear, though, Head-Fi’s user database was not hacked or compromised.

What we have had are some reports of account access by a third party due to reused login information, where account usernames, email addresses, and passwords have been used for multiple website logins. And when one of the websites someone uses is compromised -- and that person’s login information for that website is used on other sites -- these kinds of things can occur. We would strongly suggest checking your own information against the myriad data leaks and website breaches that have taken place over the years. There are a number of services that can help with this — we use https://haveibeenpwned.com/ (free) but there are others. We also recommend using unique username/password combinations for each and every website you register for, which would help reduce incidents like this.

Along with their reports of such incidents, a few Head-Fi’ers requested an additional layer of account security be required to take part in Head-Fi Classifieds. After consideration the Head-Fi team agrees that an additional layer may go a long way in helping the community be safer in their Head-Fi Classifieds transactions. Starting today, Head-Fi is requiring two-factor authentication (2FA) for any Head-Fi’ers looking to post listings in Head-Fi Classifieds.

To enable 2FA on your profile, please visit the Password and Security page. 2FA will not be required to view listings or to contact listing creators.

Please note that after enabling 2FA it may take up to an hour before you can add or modify listings.

We know there will likely be a number of questions about how things will be changing once the update is released, so we answered some of the more likely questions you may have here in this brief Q&A. If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Q: I just enabled 2FA on my profile, why can I still not create/edit/bump/close a listing?
A: There are a number of checks and verifications that our system runs when someone enables 2FA on their profile, and it's possible to help the process along by logging out after enabling 2FA and then log in again. Please note that after enabling 2FA it may take up to an hour before you can add or modify listings. The requirement for 2FA is in addition to our 30 day and 15 post requirements, so all three requirements must be met before a Head-Fi'er can post in Head-Fi Classifieds.

Q: What is two-factor authentication?
A: Two-factor authentication, or 2FA, is "an electronic authentication method in which a user is granted access to a website or application only after successfully presenting two or more pieces of evidence (or factors) to an authentication mechanism" (Wikipedia). It offers an additional layer of account security on top of the standard password used to log into Head-Fi by generating a one-time password (OTP) to use during login. When 2FA is enabled on a profile, both the standard password and the OTP will be required to log in.

Q: Will all Head-Fi'ers be required to enable 2FA on their profile?
A: This requirement will only be in place for Head-Fi'ers looking to create listings on Head-Fi Classifieds. Those who don't take part in Head-Fi Classifieds and those who are only responding to the listings of others will not be required to enable 2FA.

Q: Will my current Head-Fi Classifieds listings be removed if I don't enable 2FA?
A: Head-Fi'ers who do not enable 2FA on their profile will be unable to create new listings in Head-Fi Classifieds, but any active listings will still be visible. While active listings themselves will not be removed, listing creators will be unable to modify posted listings without 2FA enabled.

Q: Which 2FA methods does Head-Fi support?
A: Head-Fi'ers will have the option to choose from two methods of 2FA when enabling it on their profile. The recommended method is to use a 2FA app which will generate a unique OTP for you to use every time you log in. Alternatively, Head-Fi'ers can opt for email verification, where the site will send a OTP to the email address associated with your profile when you sign in.

Q: Which 2FA app/OTP generator do you recommend?
A: There are a number of OTP generating apps available for MacOS, Windows, Android, and iOS devices. Included in the list are apps like 1Password, Authy, Google Authenticator, LastPass Authenticator, and Microsoft Authenticator. There is no one specific OTP generator that Head-Fi recommends for 2FA.

Q: I'm trying to setup 2FA via email - why am I not receiving verification codes?
A: We've heard of a few situations where members were not receiving verification codes in their inboxes. As always, first check to see if verification codes are being caught to a spam filter. If so, be sure to mark the emails are "not spam" for future codes. You may also need to add the head-fi.org domain as a trusted domain in your email settings. This step has helped a few members get their verification codes. If you have any custom email rules to send certain Head-Fi emails to a folder for organization, be sure to check those folders as well.

How to Enable 2FA (With Pictures)

Step 1: Visit the Password and Security page
Step 1.jpg

Click the "Change" box next to "Two-step verification: Disabled"
Step 1a.jpg

Enter your account password if prompted, then click "Confirm"
Step 2.jpg

Select which method of 2FA you'd like to enable
Step 3.jpg

If choosing to use app-based 2FA, follow the steps required for your chosen app to setup a new login
Step 4 - App.jpg

If choosing to use email-based 2FA, enter the confirmation code that was sent to your email address.
Step 4 - Email.jpg

Once you've completed activation, verify the change on the Password and Security page. If you see "Two-step verification: Enabled," you've successfully registered 2FA on your profile.

I have upgraded my password and enabled 2FA (and confirmed via email)....and still can't post a classified 🤨

May 22, 2023 at 1:19 AM Post #405 of 449
So I enables 2FA and it's still not giving me access to add a classified ad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back