Introducing Head-Fi Classifieds!
May 4, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #379 of 449
I didn't read the thread so far but wanted to report that 2 factor authentication dies NOT work.
When trying to Login from a 2nd device it prompts for the Code that gets send via email, but then continues with an error, making it impossible to use more than one device.

Therefore I was forced to deactivate 2 factor authentication again.

Update:
After deactivating and reactivating 2FA again it's now working as intended

Last edited:
May 4, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #381 of 449
OK - I haven't been on the site for a few weeks. Today I went to post a For Sale in the classified section and realized I couldn't do it. I went and read the ENTIRE updated info and clicked on the link to enable the 2 factor authentication and it led me to enter my current password and then enter a new password. I did that several hours ago and even logged out and logged back in but still no ability to post a thread in the classifieds. Am I missing something? Is there another step? If so, it is really not clear. Heading over to eBay right now to post my item.

May 4, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #383 of 449
OK - I haven't been on the site for a few weeks. Today I went to post a For Sale in the classified section and realized I couldn't do it. I went and read the ENTIRE updated info and clicked on the link to enable the 2 factor authentication and it led me to enter my current password and then enter a new password. I did that several hours ago and even logged out and logged back in but still no ability to post a thread in the classifieds. Am I missing something? Is there another step? If so, it is really not clear. Heading over to eBay right now to post my item.
Screenshot_20230504-234740.jpg

Click on the green marked Button to enable two factor authentication.
Ignore the password fields, they are just there if you want to change it, you don't have to

May 4, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #384 of 449
@squeakez - It appears that you do not have 2FA enabled. You should be good within an hour after enabling that setting.
Thank you! That was very helpful. We'll see if it worked in an hour or so.

May 6, 2023 at 1:08 AM Post #388 of 449
Quick question, @AxelCloris

Since "net to me" verbiage is not allowed, how does one account for the additional fees the seller pays for international PayPal transfers? I know the easy answer is to restrict sales to the US only, but it would be nice to accommodate international buyers in a way that does not inconvenience the seller.

So, say the seller's intent is as follows:
  1. free shipping to CONUS
  2. international (non-US) buyer pays full shipping fees
  3. international (non-US) buyer pays the excess PP fees.
I know 3 is expressly forbidden in the guidelines. So is there an approved path? Is it permissible to ask a higher price for international buyers?

Thanks for any guidance.

May 6, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #390 of 449

Users who are viewing this thread

Back