Introducing CL2 Planar (Impressions Thread)
Dec 17, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #1,786 of 3,158
Find and download a DSD format of Hotel California, the whole album. Once you hear it for yourself, you will have the CL2 in your pocket everywhere you go from there on out.
What setting are you ripping your CDs at?
Windows has a pretty bad codec and disk copier from what I remember.
Find and download a DSD format of Hotel California, the whole album. Once you hear it for yourself, you will have the CL2 in your pocket everywhere you go from there on out.
What setting are you ripping your CDs at?
Windows has a pretty bad codec and disk copier from what I remember.
Copied on lossless WMA or WVA.

Dec 17, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #1,789 of 3,158
Last edited:
Dec 17, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #1,790 of 3,158
Last edited:
Dec 17, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #1,791 of 3,158
My music is all digital. No cds.
Thanks for the link - which do you or others here use?

Is that what you use? Will look at that tomorrow - time for zzzsss over here now.

Dec 17, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #1,793 of 3,158
Just recieved my Spiral dots size medium small. I was using mediums before, and use mediums with every other iem.
Now I am able to push the CL2 as far into my ears as physically possible....without losing the seal.
Bass hits harder than the Tennmaks, no loss of clarity, and bigger sound. Feels like my jaw is getting hammered by the bass.
DEEP INSERTION and wide bore (5mm+)is key.
What a nice surprise. + guitars have an even crunchier sound to them.
Bass feels more like a subwoofer.

Update.
My ears are getting used to the new tips. Going back and forth with the Tennmaks and the MS Dots, and the SQ is best out of the Dots. Sometimes they slip in too far, and it is very uncomfortable, hopefully that changes soon.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2018 at 4:00 AM Post #1,794 of 3,158
Well - approx 80 hours in & still waiting for these to convince me to keep them - until I just listened to Freya Ridings on YouTube as above. Wow!!. Not sending them back now they are giving a hint of what most on here say they are capable of. But why does all the music from CD's I have ripped on lossless to Windows Media Player not sound like the YouTube gig of Freya above?? I have not heard better. Is there a better way to copy CD's than on to WMP?
Yes, it is quite annoying, I have no idea if this is the difference between the 48khz sample rate / clock used on YouTube versus the 44.1khz rate for CD, however quite often CDs will sound less well constructed, with the YouTube videos having a punchier / richer sound.

That isn't always true though! - my personal CD ripper of choice is dbPoweramp, been a paid user for several years now - pretty much perfect settings as soon as installed (I also have HDCD DSP agree in the small hope of having some of those discs following around), the only downside to it that I have seen is the for a lot of newer releases that the cd data is missing, so track / album information isn't loaded (thankfully it's picked up from the CD text!)

Anyway, if you go down that route and get stuck drop me a PM, and I'll help as best as I can.

Dec 19, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #1,797 of 3,158
Woohoo! CL2 on its way - been waiting to try this one out.

Dec 19, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #1,798 of 3,158
Santana "Batuka"
Those electric guitars on the CL2 will be the death of me :)

Gary Clark Jr. Wails on the guitar

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #1,799 of 3,158
Woohoo! CL2 on its way - been waiting to try this one out.
Try them with wide bore deep insertion tips (Roll roll roll), and a copper cable :)
Looking forward to reading your review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back