Introducing CL2 Planar (Impressions Thread)
Sep 28, 2018 at 1:17 AM Post #196 of 3,158
Xelento are smoother and have a more romantic sound signature with bass which is more present.Sub-bass is more powerful with Xelento but CL2 is tighter and mid bass hits harder (and with burn in it is still changing).Treble is more extended with CL2.Also fit is different.Deep for CL2,shallow with Xelento.To be honest I love them both and they are so different that I like to have them both:)
I am also considering the xelento to add to my stash.
The CL2 is gonna stay with me ( it is a lovely sound) , and I think the xelento will complete my mini collection.
Thank you for your input.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2018 at 4:42 AM Post #199 of 3,158
Got my CL2's. They are beautiful, lightweight, little jewels to look at.

Spent the first hour trying tips, Comply are the worst of the lot, they maybe comfortable but do not seat well for my ears. I found the double flange the best. But I'm still not satisfied, and I have a bunch of others I will try.

I gave them a quick listen with a few different tracks. I will list the tracks later. I also compared them straight out of the box with my IE800. No comparison IE 800 win. Base is somewhat lacking in the CL2. Mids I can find no fault with. Treble seems bright at times and just a slight bit congested. It really isn't fair to compare these straight out of the box, as I have hundreds of hours of music enjoyment with the IE800, and a set of Klipsch x11i that I use for most of my daily IEM listening.

Tracks
Pink Floyd: Shine on you crazy diamond Pt 1
Joe Satriani: Surfing with the alien, and Ice 9
Black Eyed Peas: Meet me halfway (Love Fergie's voice, hate her music)
Prince: Purple rain
Korn: Got the life
Apocalyptica: Worlds collide

Burn is is running, hopefully by tomorrow they will mature a bit. I want to also listen on a few different sources to see if that helps the CL2's. I have not tried the bluetooth, and probably won't use it much but will give it a go later.

Sep 28, 2018 at 4:51 AM Post #200 of 3,158

Spent the first hour trying tips, Comply are the worst of the lot, they maybe comfortable but do not seat well for my ears. I found the double flange the best. But I'm still not satisfied, and I have a bunch of others I will try.

I gave them a quick listen with a few different tracks. I will list the tracks later. I also compared them straight out of the box with my IE800. No comparison IE 800 win. Base is somewhat lacking in the CL2. Mids I can find no fault with. Treble seems bright at times and just a slight bit congested. It really isn't fair to compare these straight out of the box, as I have hundreds of hours of music enjoyment with the IE800, and a set of Klipsch x11i that I use for most of my daily IEM listening.

Tracks

Burn is is running, hopefully by tomorrow they will mature a bit. I want to also listen on a few different sources to see if that helps the CL2's. I have not tried the bluetooth, and probably won't use it much but will give it a go later.
You are in for a treat. :) Burn em high volume. The first 30 minutes of listening to the CL2, I was ready to pack em up and ship em back to wherever they came from. And now, you would have to pry them from my dead cold hands :)

To RHA: Listening to Labi Siffre "I got the".
I see what you mean, this track is a funky gem. Loving it.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2018 at 5:25 AM Post #202 of 3,158

Tracks

Find tips that allow deep insertion and good isolation.Burn them in for some hrs.Enjoy the CL2:) P.S with good tips and burn in the CL2 do sound completely different than straight out of box.Like night and day.

Sep 28, 2018 at 5:51 AM Post #203 of 3,158
Find tips that allow deep insertion and good isolation.Burn them in for some hrs.Enjoy the CL2:) P.S with good tips and burn in the CL2 do sound completely different than straight out of box.Like night and day.

That is the plan. I didn't mean to imply they were going back. They do sound very good, just need a bit of smoothing out, and I only tried them out with one source, no eq settings. As I said it was a very unfair test. I think RHA has a hit on their hands, with a bit of burn in and better isolation I see (or hear) great potential for these IEM. I expect a wonderful addition to my collection.

Sep 28, 2018 at 6:35 AM Post #204 of 3,158
So after two hrs pink noise sweep and two hrs of music still having a bit of trouble with isolation.

However highs seem a tad less bright. Listening on same device to same tracks. I also tried a few different device and a few new tracks. I'm sure my problem is not getting a good seal. As long as I cup my hands over my ears without applying any pressure the CL2's sound wonderful. Still I'm going to run another twenty hrs of burn, then check some more tips.

Sep 28, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #207 of 3,158
So after two hrs pink noise sweep and two hrs of music still having a bit of trouble with isolation.
I tried many different tips and found JVC Spiral Dot does the magic, it makes the sound more full and balance(or good seal?). It almost blocks the outside noise completely. You may want to try it.

After 20 hours of burn in, the bass is very deep and thick(a bit warm), highs are sparkling, mids are a bit recessed. My WA8 is also burning hot!

Comparing to Andromeda, CL2 is still less resolving. Well, Andromeda costs much more so I am not surprised.

CL2 still slips out of my ears from time to time if I turn my head. I think it is due to the shape of the earbud and the stiffness of the wire. The shape of earbud is way too smooth to add any frictions to make them stay.

Sep 28, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #208 of 3,158
I tried many different tips and found JVC Spiral Dot does the magic, it makes the sound more full and balance(or good seal?). It almost blocks the outside noise completely. You may want to try it.

After 20 hours of burn in, the bass is very deep and thick(a bit warm), highs are sparkling, mids are a bit recessed. My WA8 is also burning hot!

Comparing to Andromeda, CL2 is still less resolving. Well, Andromeda costs much more so I am not surprised.

CL2 still slips out of my ears from time to time if I turn my head. I think it is due to the shape of the earbud and the stiffness of the wire. The shape of earbud is way too smooth to add any frictions to make them stay.
I would try other tips. With a proper seal, I am not exaggerating, the Cl2 stick to my ears like cement, I have to pry them out with a bit of force. Zero chance of them falling out on their own. But then again, your ear canal might just be shaped differently.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #209 of 3,158
I would try other tips. With a proper seal, I am not exaggerating, the Cl2 stick to my ears like cement, I have to pry them out with a bit of force. Zero chance of them falling out on their own. But then again, your ear canal might just be shaped differently.
The seal is good, I cannot even hear outside noises.

Sep 28, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #210 of 3,158
Well due to all the excitement around these, I just pulled the trigger. Got the last pair from 46 Audio in NY.
With so much hype, I even sprung for overnight shipping. Will arrive tomorrow.

Can someone chime in and let me know how I need to "burn" these in?
Do I just let the run randomly for hours ? At what volume? And any specific genres?
Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back