Introducing CL2 Planar (Impressions Thread)
Nov 6, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #1,006 of 3,158
It was clearly used before they were sent over, so I'm expecting they already had adequate time on them before being sent on tour. They also spent more time than that running in the background while I worked. That said, I agree that the time I spent was not enough. Maybe for someone else, but not for me. Hence, in my disclaimer I point out my opinion might be different had I spent more time with them since I generally like at least a couple weeks of use before writing. Most of my reviews are done after a month or more of use.

Thanks. Those were Delphinus 5 specs. Fixed.
Yeah that whole 7 day and mail review thing RHA is doing makes little sense.

Nov 6, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #1,007 of 3,158
Yeah that whole 7 day and mail review thing RHA is doing makes little sense.

I don't see anything wrong with it though two weeks would be better imo. A somewhat local shop (Bay Bloor Radio) in Toronto carries RHA so I might swing by somewhere down the road and try them again. They're definitely something that's going to stay on my radar for a while since I like the vast majority of what they are/do. It's a good earphone, I just wasn't blown away.

Nov 6, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #1,008 of 3,158
I don't see anything wrong with it though two weeks would be better imo. A somewhat local shop (Bay Bloor Radio) in Toronto carries RHA so I might swing by somewhere down the road and try them again. They're definitely something that's going to stay on my radar for a while since I like the vast majority of what they are/do. It's a good earphone, I just wasn't blown away.
Let us know what you think when you try them out again.

Nov 6, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #1,009 of 3,158

To be honest I expect more people in the review tour to not be blown away by the CL2.
The CL2 completely change with burn in, different tips and insertion depth, cable and source.Like night and day. But when they have the correct tips, cable and source and they start to sound ‘right’ with the burn in’..what a bliss. I didn’t believe in burn in before the CL2..
I will not blame the reviewers.These are difficult IEMs to review.

Nov 6, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #1,010 of 3,158
Hopefully RHA is watching all the feedback on the cables and the burn in requirements.
And will stamp a warning on the box.
THESE WILL SOUND LIKE @$$ FOR THE FIRST 48 HOURS.
In big bold neon spray paint. :)

Nov 6, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #1,011 of 3,158
I don’t even hear that peak anymore - even with some of my less well recorded material...

Lots of lovely burn in whilst listening, at a fair bit higher than average volume, and they are simply sublime - as said by me in a previous post, these have settled down enough to make it that it is my T8ie mkII that sounds peaky.

Nov 6, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #1,012 of 3,158
I think this IEM will have a cult following, word of mouth will spread.
These are hard to review, as people have already said.
Between burn in, cable modifications, and tip requirements, most "professional reviewers" who just pop in for a few hours at best, or come in for a quick peek, will not be patient enough to really give these the extended look they need, and deserve.
I have zero complaints as far as sound goes, and I am cynical as hell, and hard to please.
And definitely not afraid to trash a product if it deserves it.

Nov 6, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #1,014 of 3,158
I don’t even hear that peak anymore - even with some of my less well recorded material...

Lots of lovely burn in whilst listening, at a fair bit higher than average volume, and they are simply sublime - as said by me in a previous post, these have settled down enough to make it that it is my T8ie mkII that sounds peaky.

While my T8ie mkII's were OK technically, they failed to convey the emotional content of the music to the degree that the CL2 can. I tried to convince myself that I really liked them, but ultimately gave up and sold them.

Nov 6, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #1,015 of 3,158
Likewise @Kitechaser - just remember my own skepticism and cynicism... I did feel burned at one point, thankfully I rode it out and came out the other side as a better person
As a 24 hour owner as of about now I feeling less burned today than yesterday but I'm still a bit underwhelmed.

I'm rolling cables, tips and sources trying to find the best match.

These definitely aren't a forgiving set in terms of any of that. Fortunately they're very solidly built so I'm not as concerned about all the tip rolling and cable rolling as I usually am with new sets.

Nov 6, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #1,016 of 3,158
I think this IEM will have a cult following, word of mouth will spread.
These are hard to review, as people have already said.
Between burn in, cable modifications, and tip requirements, most "professional reviewers" who just pop in for a few hours at best, or come in for a quick peek, will not be patient enough to really give these the extended look they need, and deserve.
I have zero complaints as far as sound goes, and I am cynical as hell, and hard to please.
And definitely not afraid to trash a product if it deserves it.
I am 500 hours in, and these are smooth as silk. Everytime I try a new genre, or a new album, I get excited. Always something unexpected.
I have been glued to these like white on rice.

Nov 6, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #1,017 of 3,158
Defenetly takes long time to appreciate thease little iem,
Need atleast 100hours to burn, best seal is the must and balanced is best u can give them to sing at its full potential
I dont wanna hide,i almost sold it them a week ago,but wanted to give them more time and balance cable and spiral dots
spiral dots did a great job and today i got balanced cable
Now its been 2 hours im listening to my favorite albums
enjoying them a lot
Only downside is that the lower tereble is not that clear.
Hoping for better after 10000h of use:ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #1,018 of 3,158
Defenetly takes long time to appreciate thease little iem,
Need atleast 100hours to burn, best seal is the must and balanced is best u can give them to sing at its full potential
I dont wanna hide,i almost sold it them a week ago,but wanted to give them more time and balance cable and spiral dots
spiral dots did a great job and today i got balanced cable
Now its been 2 hours im listening to my favorite albums
enjoying them a lot
Not gonna lie, i damn near packed them up, and was ready to do a drop off run at the post office.
These started opening up right around that time, and I was listening to @AManAnd88Keys , he was so convincing about how good these were.
I thought, he wouldn't be lying about that, so I decided to give it a few more days.
And here we are. :)

Edit: Got 2 words for you.....Copper Cable

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #1,019 of 3,158
:beerchug: Hope we will be here till next cl3/cl4
I have plussound silver plater copper, sounds fine, but im very temted to try other, pure silver or gold. Copper:L3000:

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #1,020 of 3,158
I think this IEM will have a cult following, word of mouth will spread. These are hard to review, as people have already said. Between burn in, cable modifications, and tip requirements, most "professional reviewers" who just pop in for a few hours at best, or come in for a quick peek, will not be patient enough to really give these the extended look they need, and deserve. I have zero complaints as far as sound goes, and I am cynical as hell, and hard to please. And definitely not afraid to trash a product if it deserves it.

That's very true and at the last meetup I attended to I failed to convince people of the CL2's worth... people read all my post were maybe expecting a lot :p
I don't believe a few minutes is enough. The CL2 won't wow you right away but if you take the time to listen to them I am convinced trained ears will end up seeing what they bring to the table.

I have loaned mine to @lafeuill and hopefully he'll get to spend enough quality time to enjoy them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back