Introducing CL2 Planar (Impressions Thread)
Sep 14, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #2,837 of 3,158
Cl2are power hungry and are far from sensitive like BA driver iems. Mine are black background w my AK sr15. Silent. My other iems that are BA all have some slight background hiss. But only in certain parts of songs. As well anbalanced connection on my hiby r6pro brings out even more hiss on BAs. Cl2 s are special. I've given up the pursuit of the fearless Roland, Noble Khan and can Solaris as the cl2 does more than any of them in a small package and w the current price from 50%to 200%cheaper than those mentioned. Enjoy. If you don't love them it's the fit and or tips
Deep insertion is mandatory. Of they are sticking out of your ears they aren't deep enough. Need a vacuum seal and I think a copper cable like Alo copper litz is the way to go. Over ear guides also keep them deep and steady ensuring the vacuum seal
I bought some $2 silicon tips from a KS iem on Ali Express which have a better fit than the 10 others I've tried includes comply and spinfit and spiral dots
Frustrating finding right fit at first but now I'm set as I bought 20 pairs of them and are set for a long time
Enjoy

Sep 14, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #2,839 of 3,158
So my CL2s finally arrive, 500 USD off amazon, a steal. Dang they sound nice paired with a ZX300 on balanced output. I prefer the sound quite a lot to My Shure SE846 due to the sound signature being more exciting for me. Almost feels a bit similar to my old FI-BA-SS system. Do they get any better after a few hundred hours burn in?
Yes, you must burn them in, you haven't heard anything yet!

Sep 15, 2019 at 4:00 AM Post #2,840 of 3,158
So my CL2s finally arrive, 500 USD off amazon, a steal. Dang they sound nice paired with a ZX300 on balanced output. I prefer the sound quite a lot to My Shure SE846 due to the sound signature being more exciting for me. Almost feels a bit similar to my old FI-BA-SS system. Do they get any better after a few hundred hours burn in?
I heard changes up to the 300 hour mark.
This IEM just keeps getting better, and is very sensitive to ear tip and cable changes.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2019 at 4:07 AM Post #2,841 of 3,158
Are these iems at all treble fatiguing?

Sep 15, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #2,844 of 3,158
Now, there’s a contentious question!

The CL2 has been voiced for a perceived flat response. If you measure it, it appears to have a treble peak. So it depends on whether you listen with your ears or your eyes...
Yes to my ears they need some EQ to shine . But taste is different

Sep 15, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #2,848 of 3,158
i tried Fiio LC4.4D pure silver with them too. it doenst make them brighter. pure silver makes the sound "cleaner" with the same EQ setting i use with the pure copper one , they sound also very good with the pure silver
Makes me want to try a pure silver cable now. Maybe I can get my hands on one from one of my friends.
The EQ thing might be a player or personal taste thing, with the WM1A the sound is smooth and just right to my ears. Let's see if anything changes for you after you get the new eartips.
Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #2,849 of 3,158
Makes me want to try a pure cable cable now. Maybe I can get my hands on one from one of my friends.
The EQ thing might be a player or personal taste thing, with the WM1A the sound is smooth and just right to my ears. Let's see if anything changes for you after you get the new eartips.
Fingers crossed.
The SPC cables makes them indeed brighter .. i dunno why .

yeah try one if you can :) i like both pairings.
maybe im just used to another "stock" tuning .. i dunno. all my other iems dont have this freq area so pronounced. could be a reason why this sounds "wrong" or "to much" to me . -2 or 3 DB that "hill" down and they sound way better to my ears :)
i tried different sources...

Sep 15, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #2,850 of 3,158
The SPC cables makes them indeed brighter .. i dunno why .

yeah try one if you can :) i like both pairings.
maybe im just used to another "stock" tuning .. i dunno. all my other iems dont have this freq area so pronounced. could be a reason why this sounds "wrong" or "to much" to me . -2 or 3 DB that "hill" down and they sound way better to my ears :)
i tried different sources...
Plated cables are the worst cables. I have never liked them with any speaker system, they color the sound too much.
Pure copper or pure silver are always better ,at least in my experience.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back