Introducing CL2 Planar (Impressions Thread)
May 10, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #2,431 of 3,158
onkyo dpx1, planning to change daps soon since that sucker is a bit too wide to lug around
OK, I'm not familiar with that one.

May 11, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #2,433 of 3,158
@endlesswaves do you remember what the timbre was like?
My hybrid cable has a tonality that seems a bit washed out compared to the pure copper cable, and its background is not black and has a faint noise. I am hoping the 1960 will sound richer and cleaner.

Last edited:
May 12, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #2,434 of 3,158
Has anyone come across any good re-shelling providers in the US? I know there used to be a few, but they seem to have dropped it as a service, except for their own brands.

So far I have come across Perfect Seal in KS.

I am debating 3D printing my own shells to put the drivers into.

It all depends on which is the better value proposition: custom sleeves, re-shell service, or 3D printing

We 3D print as well, could even offer that for DIY

May 16, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #2,435 of 3,158
Just got the PW 1960 2 wire cable.
Right out of the box, perfect timbre, I mean perfect. Instruments sound exactly as they should, separation and resolution is on another level, it's like a veil got lifted from the music, and that is saying something as the CL2 was already a detail monster.
Background is jetblack, and I am hearing things in my music that I was not able to before.
Sub-bass is very clean and controlled, and hits hard.
Soundstage is wider and deeper than all the other cables I have used before this, because of the extra details that are now audible, it's kind of like a 3D effect.
Hands down the most comfortable cable I have ever used, and looks great, this one is a looker. Pics will be up tonight :)
Burn in takes about 200 hours, or so says the manufacturer, but this cable is simply incredible from the get go.

Pairs very very very well with the CL2, and looks sexy as hell.

Last edited:
May 16, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #2,436 of 3,158
Just got the PW 1960 2 wire cable.
Right out of the box, perfect timbre, I mean perfect. Instruments sound exactly as they should, separation and resolution is on another level, it's like a veil got lifted from the music, and that is saying something as the CL2 was already a detail monster.
Background is jetblack, and I am hearing things in my music that I was not able to before.
Sub-bass is very clean and controlled, but hits hard.
Soundstage is wider and deeper than all the other cables I have used before this, because of the extra details that are now audible, it's kind of like a 3D effect.
Hands down the most comfortable cable I have ever used, and looks great, this one is a looker. Pics will be up tonight :)
Burn in takes about 200 hours, or so says the manufacturer, but this cable is simply incredible from the get go.

Pairs very very very well with the CL2, and looks sexy as hell.
Congratulations!
The right cable is essential.

Kite, how did you decide on the PW 1960 cable?

Last edited:
May 16, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #2,437 of 3,158
Congratulations!
The right cable is essential.
I knew cables made a difference, but this is not what I expected. I've only been listening for a few hours, but I don't think I'll ever be able to go down to a cable below this level again. PW audio will have a repeat customer when the CL3 is released.

Last edited:
May 16, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #2,438 of 3,158
Kite, how did you decide on the PW 1960 cable?
I knew timbre was off with SPC and hybrid cables. The ALO copper cable had the right tonality, but was thin sounding and kind of bright. I wanted a transparent high resolution quality copper cable, and PW audio had the only flagship available that fit what I was looking for.
Honestly, I did my due diligence, and took a chance. It worked out better than I had hoped.
Copper for me is the only way to go.

Last edited:
May 16, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #2,439 of 3,158
I knew cables made a difference, but this is not what I expected. I've only been listening for a few hours, but I don't think I'll ever be able to go down to a cable?
I knew timbre was off with SPC and hybrid cables. The ALO copper cable had the right tonality, but was thin sounding and kind of bright. I wanted a transparent high resolution quality copper cable, and PW audio had the only flagship available that fit what I was looking for.
Honestly, I did my due diligence, and took a chance. It worked out better than I had hoped.
Copper for me is the only way to go.
Yeah, man, you're inspiring me. Still want to try the Cleopatra, tho, hopefully you can check it out at canjam next month. I sat down with my Plussound silver, and the stock cables that came with the CL2 (my 8 wire copper whiplash is out on loan), and without a doubt the plussound silver is the best sound. Finally tracked down the original owner, and it is like a $230 cable. Still love the ErosII+, but I am now intrigued with the pure copper cables on the level of what you just got. I am hoping Audio46 expands their cable inventory...It's frustrating not to be able to demo these cables...

Last edited:
May 16, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #2,440 of 3,158
Yeah, man, you're inspiring me. Still want to try the Cleopatra, tho, hopefully you can check it out at canjam next month. I sat down with my Plussound silver, and the stock cables that came with the CL2 (my 8 wire copper whiplash is out on loan), and without a doubt the plussound silver is the best sound. Finally tracked down the original owner, and it is like a $230 cable. Still love the ErosII+, but I am now intrigued with the pure copper cables on the level of what you just got. I am hoping Audio46 expands their cable inventory...It's frustrating not to be able to demo these cables...
I'll check it out for sure and let you know, that is if you don't get your hands on it first. Will be putting up pics when I get home tonight :wink:

Add: I have yet to try a pure silver cable with the CL2.

Last edited:
May 16, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #2,441 of 3,158
I'll check it out for sure and let you know, that is if you don't get your hands on it first. Will be putting up pics when I get home tonight :wink:

But that's the thing with the eros...it seems to combine the best of both worlds, copper and silver, But I am just a beginner with the cable stuff.

May 16, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #2,442 of 3,158

Dude, I have a pure silver litz 8-wire cable for my i4s (EA Thor II 8-wire bespoke). You may have listened to it in passing. It's the bomb but it's a 2-pin cable.

May 16, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #2,443 of 3,158
Dude, I have a pure silver litz 8-wire cable for my i4s (EA Thor II 8-wire bespoke). You may have listened to it in passing. It's the bomb but it's a 2-pin cable.
You can get mmcx to 2 pin adapters

May 16, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #2,444 of 3,158
But that's the thing with the eros...it seems to combine the best of both worlds, copper and silver, But I am just a beginner with the cable stuff.
To my ears my hybrid cable, outside of the thicker gauge, was worse than pure copper, and if I had to guess, would not pair as well as pure silver either.
If money is not an issue, I can guarantee you, you will love the PW Cable.
This combo, I would easily put up against any 2-3k iem anywhere, and would expect it to come out on top.
20190516_145728.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back