1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Introducing CL2 Planar (Impressions Thread)

First

Back
155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164
166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175
Next

Last
  1. szore
    Nope!

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    Aeskualpio likes this.
  2. szore
    Welcome to the club!

Aeskualpio likes this.
  3. Kitechaser
    Play around with tips, if you have spiral dots, they work beautifully here.
    I went with a size smaller than I usually wear, for a deeper insertion, and it was instant magic.
    Welcome aboard, and I agree @RHA Team knocked it out of the zip code.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    RHA Team and Aeskualpio like this.
  4. Kitechaser

Dire Straights "Once upon a time in the West" SACD sounds incredible on the CL2.
    The Communique album is where it's at.

Water of love. Dire Straits, Dire Straits album.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    Aeskualpio likes this.
  5. ANOpax
    Thank you for persevering through 164 pages of this thread, many pages of which are quite disheartening and enough to put anyone off.

Thank you also for keeping an open mind and resisting the temptation to go with the crowd or where fashion dictates.

Your ears, (and ultimately your wallet) will thank you. Welcome and enjoy...

6. jbr1971
    @szore I just wanted to circle back to see if you had a chance to write up your impressions and take pictures of your new custom IEM ear sleeves.

Also, @RHA Team , have you seen my earlier posts asking if the CL1 and CL2 chassis are the same size, etc? Or if you have any dead CL2 drivers I could take off of your hands?

7. szore
    I was just thinking of you a few days ago but I couldn't remember who asked me... No, not good at all. To be fair they don't advertise them as audiophile quality they just say they won't fall out, and that is true. But they smeared the sound into Oblivion.

8. jbr1971
    Bummer. Looks like I will be going the re-shell CAD/3D printing route then. Hopefully I can get my hands on some dead CL2 drivers to get the dimensions, etc.

Thanks for the info.

szore likes this.
  9. szore
    Yeah, they're a non starter

10. Kitechaser
    20190602_150422.jpg

Perfect combo. Listening to the "Wagner/ Dressler : The symphonic ring" album
    And it feels like I am there, sitting in the first row. 24/192
    A must have album for classical aficionados :)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    cj3209, szore and WhatToChoose like this.
  11. cj3209
    I have to admit, if this music doesn't make you move, you`re either asleep or deaf!

Kitechaser likes this.
  12. ANOpax
    I’ll second this. The timbre of the guitar and texture of the bass is something to behold. Net result is that you forget about the hifi and simply enjoy the music.

13. Kitechaser
    That is one thing I am constantly amazed by, the tonality of every instrument is exactly how I hear it live.
    The tuning just brings cymbals, chimes, string and horned instruments to life, and anyone that has ever been to a jazz club, or listened to music that is live and is not being played over a dynamic speaker, will recognize that sound instantly. :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:
    It's something else :wink:

By the way, that whole album is extraordinary, just gets me up and moving every single time.
    I am starting some salsa and tango classes next week, let's see if the rubber (my feet) meets the road, and I can do the music some justice.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  14. szore
    On a good symphonic recording, you can zero in on individual instruments in the orchestra and hear their individual 'tone', and character, quite amazing!

Kitechaser likes this.
  15. RHA Team
    Ahoyhoy, apologies for the delay - I was putting the question to the team. The answer: "the nozzle angle and area around there is very similar, but the way the cable enters the housing is different, so be careful not to get too close to the top of the housing."

Understandably they're a bit more reticent on sending a driver out, it's still quite closely guarded.

Hope that's some help!

Colum

RHA Stay updated on RHA at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/rhaaudio https://twitter.com/rha https://www.rha-audio.com/uk/?utm_source=Head%20Fi&utm_campaign=Website_Hyperlink&utm_medium=link
First

Back
155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164
166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175
Next

Last