Introducing CL2 Planar (Impressions Thread)
Jan 7, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #1,951 of 3,158
Miss my CL2 so much, pretty much bare knuckeling it till I get them back.
That's the sign of a great headphone, when you have been chain listening to it for months, and a week away seems like forever.
RHA, please get them back to me asap :)

Jan 9, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #1,952 of 3,158
Just got an upgraded gold/silver cable for the CL2s (Plussound EXO). Wow. Didn't expect a cable to make that much of a difference.

Takes the CL2s to another level in resolution, clarity, and depth and I liked them already with the OEM silver and copper cable...

I hear things I didn't hear before and sound stage is wide. I still hear a piercing treble in certain passages but hoping that will go away with burn-in and/or EQ.

Connected to the v281, balanced, I think I've reached the pinnacle of IEM sound. Just wow.

They also complement the i4s.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #1,953 of 3,158
The people giving this iem 3 - 3.5 stars, are reviewing the bundled cables and their source, not the iem.
This is as good as it gets as far as in ear monitors are considered.
@cj3209 now you got me very interested in seeing how the CL2 sound with the tricopper litz cable. My next purchases are going to be the WM1A and probably that cable :)

Jan 9, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #1,954 of 3,158
Okay scratch that, that tri copper is SPC, GPC and OCC copper.
No idea how that would pair.
If I am not mistake @mahesh is using the plussound exo copper cable.
That would be interesting.

Jan 10, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #1,955 of 3,158
The people giving this iem 3 - 3.5 stars, are reviewing the bundled cables and their source, not the iem.
@cj3209 now you got me very interested in seeing how the CL2 sound with the tricopper litz cable. My next purchases are going to be the WM1A and probably that cable :)
Sorry for your wallet. I went from the two stock cables to the upgraded exo cable and the sound improved on all levels for my ears. That's about the best sound I've heard from an IEM. Although maybe a pure copper cable is better but we'll see.

Back to the music which is really what all this is about...

:L3000:

Jan 10, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #1,956 of 3,158
Just got an upgraded gold/silver cable for the CL2s (Plussound EXO). Wow. Didn't expect a cable to make that much of a difference.

Takes the CL2s to another level in resolution, clarity, and depth and I liked them already with the OEM silver and copper cable...

I hear things I didn't hear before and sound stage is wide. I still hear a piercing treble in certain passages but hoping that will go away with burn-in and/or EQ.

Connected to the v281, balanced, I think I've reached the pinnacle of IEM sound. Just wow.

They also complement the i4s.
I have completed more than 100 hrs of burn in with the stock copper cable(unbalanced). I am using pink noise track as recommended by @Kitechaser on my Shanling M0 for burn-in purpose.
I absolutely agree with @Kitechaser @Duncan @cj3209 . CL2s are just magical. The upper mids have settled a lot, but I think they will improve further. For me, the most outstanding feature is the speed, transient response, soundstage depth, super fast planar bass & vocals. Timbre has improved. Well recorded tracks shine with CL2. I think I have found my LCDi4 replacement. They have excellent scalability right from portable to desktop amp. The don't hiss. They love power. RHA have a winner. They can easily dethrone iems which cost 2-3x.

@RHA Team should pre-burn them like Audeze otherwise reviewers will have a difficult time evaluating these magical iems.

I am still not sure about mmcx to 2 pin convertor. Some say they put extra tension over the 2 pin-wire junction. Has anyone used these convertors?

Jan 10, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #1,957 of 3,158

Left this thread shortly after posting my "review". Apparently nothing has changed in the last 2 and bit months. Amazing.

Jan 10, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #1,959 of 3,158
Yeah.
Owners still love them!
Buzzkill eh?
Amazing.

No. It's great that owners are still enjoying them. That's amazing. The CL2 seems to have some staying power unlike the usual 'weekly wonders' from other threads. What's not great is that everyone finding them anything less than God's greatest gift to man, or those with less than glowing opinions, are still being crapped on by certain users. It's just amusing to come back to the thread after months to see the same types of comments and zero progress.

Jan 10, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #1,960 of 3,158
No. It's great that owners are still enjoying them. That's amazing. The CL2 seems to have some staying power unlike the usual 'weekly wonders' from other threads. What's not great is that everyone finding them anything less than God's greatest gift to man, or those with less than glowing opinions, are still being crapped on by certain users. It's just amusing to come back to the thread after months to see the same types of comments and zero progress.
These are iems are not just good, these are the best iems I have EVER HEARD, I mean EVER.
Technically they are there and above iems in the 3k+ range, and the tuning is incredible. If you still think these iems, that cost 800 dollars, and punches this much above its weight is 3 stars, more power to you man.
Some people on some unmentioned thread want to rate this an F.
I can't take any of you guys seriously anymore.

Sorry for your wallet. I went from the two stock cables to the upgraded exo cable and the sound improved on all levels for my ears. That's about the best sound I've heard from an IEM. Although maybe a pure copper cable is better but we'll see.

I am going to have to try that cable. It's the GOLD SILVER upgrade one for $399 right?

Screenshot_20190110-084818_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190110-084912_Chrome.jpg

@B9Scrambler would you like to poll the owners of the CL2 who think the wireless module sounds the same as wired mode, and are of the same SQ?? Or vocals sound like they are coming through a blanket??
These are excerpts from your review.
The ego you reviewers have is astounding, never can admit a mistake.
All of us tried telling you months ago, burn in and copper cables address every issue you had with the CL2.
But you knew better then, and still do now.
Nothing has changed.
Amazing.
Back to the music please.

Jan 10, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #1,961 of 3,158

Where in SoCal are you?
Any chance we can meet up, and maybe O can try out those cables with the CL2?

Jan 10, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #1,962 of 3,158
These are iems are not just good, these are the best iems I have EVER HEARD, I mean EVER.
Technically they are there and above iems in the 3k+ range, and the tuning is incredible. If you still think these iems, that cost 800 dollars, and punches this much above its weight is 3 stars, more power to you man.
Some people on some unmentioned thread want to rate this an F.
I can't take any of you guys seriously anymore.

I am going to have to try that cable. It's the GOLD SILVER upgrade one for $399 right?

@B9Scrambler would you like to poll the owners of the CL2 who think the wireless module sounds the same as wired mode, and are of the same SQ?? Or vocals sound like they are coming through a blanket??
All of us tried telling you months ago, burn in and copper cables address every issue you had with the CL2.
Nothing has changed.
Amazing.

Jan 10, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #1,964 of 3,158
Nothing has changed.
Amazing.

Don't need to poll since I can just read the forum. Go back to our previous conversation (Deja vu!) about the Bluetooth cable since we've already gone over that too.

Reviews are a record of someone's time using a product and how they feel about it; i.e. a personal opinion. Opinions and facts are not one and the same. You seem to have a hard time wrapping your head around this. Just because someone's experiences don't line up with yours doesn't make them wrong. I don't think you or anyone else is wrong in liking the CL2. I don't have to agree with you, I can share my opposing thoughts, and that's allowed. What I don't appreciate is when you talk down to, or about, others that have opposing opinions and so adamantly say that they are wrong in their opinion, then shove yours down their throats so aggressively. I'm also one of the few reviewers I know of that goes back to old reviews and updates them if my experiences or thoughts change. If I'm wrong about something, I'll happily admit it and update my opinions accordingly. That's the thing about opinions. They can change. If another CL2 crosses my path that sounds as good as some make it out to be, I'd change up my review in a heartbeat. If it sounds even worse...

For now, my overall opinion on it stands; "If you're looking for a new flagship, one that provides a unique sound experience that is backed up with an insanely flexible and decked out accessory kit, the CL2 is definitely worth checking out." Oh no! I recommended it despite not really enjoying it because it's a nice piece of kit and I understood that some might find pleasure in it's sound signature even if it measures far from what is considered "ideal". It's almost like people have different tastes in sound.

@RHA Team When the tour is done, would you be interested in sending back the CL2 I started the tour with for another week? I'd be more than happy to give it another, more thorough go, and include the suggestions for improvement presented in this thread. After crossing so many paths it should have had ample 'burn-in' time as well.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #1,965 of 3,158
The real shame is how many people didn’t purchase these because of these reviews. I know I wouldn’t have. I wouldn’t trade mine straight up for any iem you care to mention.

That's why you follow people you both agree and disagree with. :ok_hand::ok_hand: That's why on my site I link to nine other reviewers that fall into both camps in regards to what I'm looking for, and what to avoid. You get a well-rounded opinion and can make an informed decision when you go to buy something. The CL2 is a polarizing product in a similar vein to the old Havi B3 Pro I. Those that love it, reeeeeally love it. The rest just don't get it or they do but don't enjoy it regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back