Introducing CL2 Planar (Impressions Thread)
Jan 1, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #1,921 of 3,158
@Kitechaser: if you get a chance, demo the Audeze i4. It's also a planar but it's more of an in-ear rather than an IEM although some people are using it with tips that insert deeply into your ears. I tried the deep insertion but it didn't work for my ears.

If you can get a comfortable fit, you may be surprised with the sound and how it compares favorably to the CL2. Both have a really nice low end but the i4s are basically an 'open' in-ear so they have more of a wider soundstage and sound leaks a bit.

In any case, it's a good opportunity to hear a variation of a planar iem/in-ear. I picked up the CL2 because I wanted the i4 sound with sound isolation. Of course, the i4 is almost 3x the price of the CL2s although Audeze had a recent B-stock fire sale for $999 (the regular price is around $2,500!).

Happy New Year!

:L3000::L3000:
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it out next week. The source in Torrance has a demo on hand, and really would like to see what the differences and similarities between the 2 are. :)
If I remember correctly, you said it had the biggest sound stage of any iem you had listened to. That'll be a very interesting audition.
And $999 for a B stock is not bad at all.
That's quite a deal.
And Happy new year to you too!!!!!

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #1,922 of 3,158
Jan 2, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #1,923 of 3,158
From what I have read , CL2 pair well with pure copper cable.
My CL2s are arriving tomorrow. I already have Effect Audio Horus(2pin) for lcdi4.
I am looking for 2pin to mmcx converters or should I buy a new copper cable for CL2 with mmcx connector.
Any advice?
Thanks

Jan 2, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #1,924 of 3,158
I have never heard of 2-pin to MMCX converters. If you find them, let me know please.

As you already have the i4s, I'd be very curious to see your comparison to the CL2s. My comparison isn't completed yet as I have to give the CL2s a fair shake.

I'm using a silver cable for the i4s, is the Horus a mix of silver and cu? Actually, I'm using the OEM silver cable for the CL2s as well.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #1,925 of 3,158
Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #1,926 of 3,158
I have never heard of 2-pin to MMCX converters. If you find them, let me know please.

As you already have the i4s, I'd be very curious to see your comparison to the CL2s. My comparison isn't completed yet as I have to give the CL2s a fair shake.

I'm using a silver cable for the i4s, is the Horus a mix of silver and cu? Actually, I'm using the OEM silver cable for the CL2s as well.
You are using the SPC cable, no wonder pianos sound off. Copper will help

Jan 2, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #1,927 of 3,158
Yah, my bad. I took them off and replaced them with the cu OEM cable. Didn't realise the silver cable affected the CL2 sound that much-thought I needed to break them in more...had a hard time listening to the CL2s w/silver cables with the Violectric...

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #1,929 of 3,158

Horus is OCC Gold Plated Silver.

Jan 3, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #1,930 of 3,158
Don't be too "in your face" about that, it's not like the coming of the new Messiah lol...

I'm still quite happy with my SPC, whether it is because it is multi stranded or because I'm deaf, not noticing anything untoward.

Jan 3, 2019 at 2:07 AM Post #1,931 of 3,158
Don't be too "in your face" about that, it's not like the coming of the new Messiah lol...

I'm still quite happy with my SPC, whether it is because it is multi stranded or because I'm deaf, not noticing anything untoward.
Lmao fair enough. But that's how I hear it :)
The SPC timbre is off to my ears, with it, none of the instruments sound real.
Drums, guitars, pianos, you name it.
I can't go back to the other cable (SPC ALO audio) for more than 5 minutes, which is quite something because I myself used it for a fair bit before.
You should try to burn in the stock copper cable with SE out on the 1A, and see if you can spot the difference.

Jan 3, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #1,932 of 3,158
I can't go back to the other cable (SPC ALO audio) for more than 5 minutes, which is quite something because I myself used it for a fair bit before.
You should try to burn in the stock copper cable with SE out on the 1A, and see if you can spot the difference.
Which copper cable are you using with CL2?

Jan 3, 2019 at 2:39 AM Post #1,933 of 3,158
This post did not seem real to me.

Jan 3, 2019 at 2:50 AM Post #1,935 of 3,158
This post did not seem real to me.
Okay. You want me to say in a different way?
The SPC cable's timbre is off and sounds metallic.
Does not work with this iem for me.
Try it for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back