Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
or L3000X.

that would interest me.

Yes PLEASE A.T.....need new Flagship!

Oct 21, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #47 of 292
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be in Japan in a few days will these be available in the next 3 weeks?

It will be available on Nov 13, so yes.

Oct 21, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #48 of 292
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be in Japan in a few days will these be available in the next 3 weeks?

You're welcome to come by Fukuoka (catch the bullet train to Hakata station) and we can have a micro-meet possibly.

Oct 21, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #49 of 292
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not sure which was better, all the headphones or the ATH girls.

Neither. Fascinating discussion about the headphones for the win.

Oct 21, 2009 at 1:14 PM Post #50 of 292
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It will be available on Nov 13, so yes.

Darn I leave on the 13th.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're welcome to come by Fukuoka (catch the bullet train to Hakata station) and we can have a micro-meet possibly.

I would love to but Fukuoka is so far away from where I'll be, we will be in Tokyo until Nov 4 and will be in the Osaka area until the 9th.

Nov 11, 2009 at 10:49 AM Post #52 of 292
Oooooh digi-out docking station from AT..

Nov 12, 2009 at 8:46 AM Post #53 of 292
Surprised to hear so many of you have issues with the headband.
The ath Wing support is the most comfy of any phones I have tried including hd800!
But my head must be the right japanese size i guess!

Still they claim that the w1000x has a newly developed 3d wing support. So there might be something different even though they look much a like

Nov 12, 2009 at 10:18 AM Post #54 of 292
Thes wings is not the problem. Its the wires that connect the two cups together that are annoying some people. I haven't tried them myself though.

Nov 12, 2009 at 11:46 AM Post #55 of 292
The problem is that the cups need to be able to swivel above the ears along the same axis as sit the arms of a pair of glasses. Because they don't, for me, and I presume others, W5000s and the A2000X etc touch under my ears, and leave a gap above, resulting in an imperfect seal.

Nov 13, 2009 at 12:45 PM Post #56 of 292
I had the W1000Xs on my head for about five minutes today.

They are indeed quite handsome, definitely worthy of the AT woodie line-up in terms of looks. They are fairly light as well and seem to be designed fit-wise a little closer to the new A2000X rather than the old W1000s. Not a good thing in my book. The pads are basically like donuts, similar to the A2000Xs and just do not feel like they get a good seal. Also, it does not take much movement to get them to slide out of position- a little too loose fitting to me. I really liked the fit of the old W1000s, these not too much.

Sound signature-wise... well, I only had a few minutes and only had some vocal jazz pumped through the sound system that was hooked up to the headphone rack. So, this would be extremely preliminary... but they sounded pretty good. Fairly balanced, smooth, and not overly bright at all. The A2000Xs were next door and gave me that same brightish AT sound that I get with the W5000s and AD2000s. These are bit closer to the AD1000PRMs that I have at home in the smoothness, balance, nice highs without being bright. It was hard to get a handle on the bass with the music being played but again, it felt balanced- not too much, not too little. They did not really remind me of the W1000s' unique 'character.' The A2000Xs seemed to offer greater detail retrieval and clarity but based on those brief impressions, I would prefer the W1000Xs.

I had a hard time finding a place that carried them so they are not quite out in full force here. At some point, I will be able to sit down and listen with some of my own music and will follow-up.

That's all I got!

Nov 13, 2009 at 12:57 PM Post #57 of 292
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gu Sensei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had the W1000Xs on my head for about five minutes today.

They are indeed quite handsome, definitely worthy of the AT woodie line-up in terms of looks. They are fairly light as well and seem to be designed fit-wise a little closer to the new A2000X rather than the old W1000s. Not a good thing in my book. The pads are basically like donuts, similar to the A2000Xs and just do not feel like they get a good seal. Also, it does not take much movement to get them to slide out of position- a little too loose fitting to me. I really liked the fit of the old W1000s, these not too much.

Sound signature-wise... well, I only had a few minutes and only had some vocal jazz pumped through the sound system that was hooked up to the headphone rack. So, this would be extremely preliminary... but they sounded pretty good. Fairly balanced, smooth, and not overly bright at all. The A2000Xs were next door and gave me that same brightish AT sound that I get with the W5000s and AD2000s. These are bit closer to the AD1000PRMs that I have at home in the smoothness, balance, nice highs without being bright. It was hard to get a handle on the bass with the music being played but again, it felt balanced- not too much, not too little. They did not really remind me of the W1000s' unique 'character.' The A2000Xs seemed to offer greater detail retrieval and clarity but based on those brief impressions, I would prefer the W1000Xs.

I had a hard time finding a place that carried them so they are not quite out in full force here. At some point, I will be able to sit down and listen with some of my own music and will follow-up.

That's all I got!

thanks Gu sensei for the initial impressions.
I've been eyeing this thread since this morning knowing today is the release date in japan. hopefully we will get more impressions from others living in Japan. (ahh, I miss living in Japan...one more year b4 returning back!!)

**c'mon Sasaki, you usually try out and give impressions right away!!!
wink.gif

Nov 15, 2009 at 1:32 PM Post #58 of 292
planning to get one during christmas..yay. ..is very nice finish design for this x generation..as expected a PCOCC cable being used as the STOCK headphone cable

Nov 17, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #59 of 292
just did a search on these beauties and at kakaku.com they are going for around 48,000yen (~$530).
now, if only we can get some reviews as to the SQ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back