Introducing AAW X ADVANCED Accessport High Resolution Amplifier for smartphones with 10-unit GIVEAWAYS
Sep 27, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #197 of 241
I haven't had any cutting out issues with mine yet, but one of my concerns has always been the non-detachable lightning cable. From my experience with TONS of varying quality lightning/micro USB/mini USB/proprietary cables, they will always be the weak link. I know even with detachable cables there can be issues with the port, but that seems to occur far less than problems with cables. I really wish they had gone with a detachable cable, which also would have allowed for switching between lightning and USB.
the captured cable was a requirement from apple on Lam enabled devices. Though in the latest spec sheet from apple where they opened the possibility of adding detachable cable, it cannot be USB but a proprietary connector. So whether to implement that is debatable at the moment.

Sep 27, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #198 of 241
the captured cable was a requirement from apple on Lam enabled devices. Though in the latest spec sheet from apple where they opened the possibility of adding detachable cable, it cannot be USB but a proprietary connector. So whether to implement that is debatable at the moment.

Now that you say that I do remember you mentioning it during the campaign when the possibility of detachable cables was brought up. Thanks for the quick response!

Oct 16, 2017 at 8:42 PM Post #199 of 241
Mine arrived today and I didn't have the highest expectations but I'm actually blown away. They make my Quad Driver IEM sound FANTASTIC. They not only increased the soundstage compared to my iOS device but everything is rendered much better. I don't have any other external apps but probably the most interesting/telling great I can share is that this sounds better than the internal FiiO amp that's built into my Blue MoFi.

Between the Sonic performance, form factor, juice and price, this is a killer little lightning DAC.

Oct 16, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #200 of 241
Mine arrived today and I didn't have the highest expectations but I'm actually blown away. They make my Quad Driver IEM sound FANTASTIC. They not only increased the soundstage compared to my iOS device but everything is rendered much better. I don't have any other external apps but probably the most interesting/telling great I can share is that this sounds better than the internal FiiO amp that's built into my Blue MoFi.

Between the Sonic performance, form factor, juice and price, this is a killer little lightning DAC.

Nice to see someone else has the Blue MoFi! Did not know the amp in there is from Fiio ... source?
I, too, was blown away by the little dongle when it arrived .. but since then I am running into similar issues others report here, the cable seems to fail after some weeks / months ... too bad, cute little thing

Oct 16, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #201 of 241
Nice to see someone else has the Blue MoFi! Did not know the amp in there is from Fiio ... source?
I, too, was blown away by the little dongle when it arrived .. but since then I am running into similar issues others report here, the cable seems to fail after some weeks / months ... too bad, cute little thing

I sure hope they can make it more stable. I purchased directly from the site so I assume I'll have a little warranty.

As to the MoFi power design, Jump to about 1:10 here on this video:

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #205 of 241
Have you had any luck since this post? I haven't updated mine yet, as I'm waiting for further confirmation that this has been addressed first.
Hi,

V1.1.3 eventually solved my issues.

Oct 21, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #206 of 241
My wife and I had some issues trying to get V1.1.3 to download on our Accessports. But we both eventually got the update loaded. We hadn't experienced any issues in light usage before V1.1.3.

Nov 19, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #208 of 241
So I was going to return these but ran out of time because I moved across the country and was too busy with other stuff.

I'm glad I didn't.

After updating to the latest firmware (1.12->1.14. IIRC) the sound is massively improved. The 1.12 Firmware was open and punchy but the mid range was very cold and far away sounding. It was leaving me with no listening pleasure and at the time I preferred the lightning dongle because it was more balanced, even with the narrower sound stage and weaker bass.

Well, this update brought the mids right back and now this thing ROCKS. I'm glad I gave it a second chance! Keeper for sure now.

Nov 19, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #209 of 241
Advanced Planars 11-14 I got emails could be complementary to Accessport.

I'm hoping that the GT-R gets enough backing to get funded on Kickstarter. I think that they'd pair well with just a mobile phone, but I'd feel pretty confident that they will sound even better with the Accessport.

Dec 12, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #210 of 241
Question for people using the AccessPort - how do you deal with carrying it when travelling? With it being metal it seems like having it in your pocket would inevitably scratch the phone, whereas having it dangling out of the pocket would just make it likely to get snagged on something, especially on busy commuter trains.

Half tempted to order one but I'm just not sure about the practicalities of travelling with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back