Introducing AAW X ADVANCED Accessport High Resolution Amplifier for smartphones with 10-unit GIVEAWAYS
Dec 12, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #211 of 241
Question for people using the AccessPort - how do you deal with carrying it when travelling? With it being metal it seems like having it in your pocket would inevitably scratch the phone, whereas having it dangling out of the pocket would just make it likely to get snagged on something, especially on busy commuter trains.

Half tempted to order one but I'm just not sure about the practicalities of travelling with it.

Honestly I just store it in my iem case most of the time.

Dec 12, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #214 of 241
No, I always thought it was a shame to take something so perfectly designed by Apple and put a case on it. I don't mind it getting minor scratches but my concern was that the AP was made of aluminium which could have had sharp edges. Good that it's plastic though, should be ok, thanks!

Dec 16, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #217 of 241
I felt that way too until I dropped my phone (twice!) and had to pay >$100 for Apple to replace the screen (twice!) :wink:

Don't you have home contents insurance in the US? When my wife dropped her phone we got £500 from the insurance company (value of the item less the excess) and it only cost £136 to replace the screen.

Dec 16, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #218 of 241
Don't you have home contents insurance in the US? When my wife dropped her phone we got £500 from the insurance company (value of the item less the excess) and it only cost £136 to replace the screen.
Wow, that's great! We do have homeowners insurance (not sure if that is the same thing), but the deductible is pretty high. I think it is designed more for if someone steals everything in the house or the roof blows off or something.

Dec 17, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #219 of 241
With new things coming out so often I think a case to preserve the resale value is the way to go.
Speaking of which an Accessport Pro with balance MFi, in 2.5 mm, 3.5 mm, and 4.4mm variety could very well be the next big thing in small form factor.

Speaking of conspiracy, it is awfully odd that monoprice, mass drop, hifiman, have all dropped their prices of late on something they have in common.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #224 of 241
I ordered the type C model for the future eventually that I will get a type C phone. One year later I got a type C phone but still no Accessport. Ahhhh. I can't stand it. The out of the box headphone adapter sucks and keeps cutting out. But yeah seriously I don't understand how there's such a big gap between lightning user's getting theirs and Type C user's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back