Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Apr 7, 2021 at 11:13 PM Post #1,291 of 3,957
OK, basically just now I asked LP whether they have any plans to change the current way to sort the files (based on the time the file is written into the SD card), and the answer is a sad NO.

With that being said, they sent me this, an "instruction" to help sort the files into alphabetical order. It is a Chinese file so I will translate the steps here:

1. Download the software DriveSort (in the attachment of THIS POST).

2. Connect the machine to your PC. Open the DriveSort and press the "Open a Disk" bottom.

1617851327069.png

3. In the new window, choose the DAP or your SD card as the destination.
1617851397848.png

4. Click the arrow right next to the third icon, and choose the "Long Name Sort" from the drag-down list.
1617851458207.png

5. Press the third icon. You should notice that the way files are sorted should have changed after pressing the icon.
1617851514102.png

6. Press the fourth icon to save the file order.
1617851531528.png

7. Disconnect the DAP from your PC. You should see that all files have been re-sorted.

Attachments

• DriveSort_en.zip
    259.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 手动实现文件目录A-Z排序方法.docx
    88.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 7, 2021 at 11:13 PM Post #1,292 of 3,957
Apr 7, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #1,293 of 3,957
Apr 7, 2021 at 11:18 PM Post #1,294 of 3,957
OK, basically just now I asked LP whether they have any plans to change the current way to sort the files (based on the time the file is written into the SD card), and the answer is a sad NO.

With that being said, they sent me this, an "instruction" to help sort the files into alphabetical order. It is a Chinese file so I will translate the steps here:

1. Download the software DriveSort (in the attachment of THIS POST).

2. Connect the machine to your PC. Open the DriveSort and press the "Open a Disk" bottom.

1617851327069.png

3. In the new window, choose the DAP or your SD card as the destination.
1617851397848.png

4. Click the arrow right next to the third icon, and choose the "Long Name Sort" from the drag-down list.
1617851458207.png

5. Press the third icon. You should notice that the way files are sorted should have changed after pressing the icon.
1617851514102.png

6. Press the fourth icon to save the file order.
1617851531528.png

7. Disconnect the DAP from your PC. You should see that all files have been re-sorted.

Ooooo okay, thanks so much. Looking forward to seeing if this fixes it.

Apr 8, 2021 at 6:05 AM Post #1,297 of 3,957
Here you go , just unzip then save these two files in your root of P6 Pro internal storage , turn off P6 Pro and turn on again , firmware updgrade notification will pop up automatically .
oh man, big love, thanks

Apr 8, 2021 at 6:15 AM Post #1,299 of 3,957
Oh official release

Apr 8, 2021 at 7:18 AM Post #1,300 of 3,957
Just to add for whoever has turned the knob menu keys off, turn them on before updating , you'll need them
Is there a Traillii profile.

Can you recommend a solution for fixing tags. Have been struggling with my library, at this point I must have a tag issue somewhere.
way below 10,000 tracks only 64GB card.

Selected only hot play from 20,000 tracks no matter what I try P6P will not build the library scan. Can play through directory. Lotoo and Shanling have zero issues same files, frustrating.

Appreciate any ideas or possible solutions.

Apr 8, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #1,301 of 3,957
Is there a Traillii profile.

Can you recommend a solution for fixing tags. Have been struggling with my library, at this point I must have a tag issue somewhere.
way below 10,000 tracks only 64GB card.

Selected only hot play from 20,000 tracks no matter what I try P6P will not build the library scan. Can play through directory. Lotoo and Shanling have zero issues same files, frustrating.

Appreciate any ideas or possible solutions.
Yes, Trailli amd JVC1k
Other than that and double tap to wake and.. Possibly the vol issue, cant tell.. Thats it.
Still.. Good to know they are alive😉
I personally am ok with sorting files on my Linux Elemental OS via terminal it takes 2 sec.
The Windows solution up a few posts works too

Apr 8, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #1,302 of 3,957
OK, so it looks like P6 Pro new fw 1.0.0.3 is officially out. Talked to Musicteck, they will have a link available for download from their site, both files with the new fw and new DSP profile which includes Traillii.

You get 2 files, LPFWPKG.ISO (with new fw) and DSPConfig.bin (contains sound profile for Oriolus Traillii and JVC FW10000). Both of these files need to be copied to root directory of internal storage. After fw update ISO file will be deleted automatically, but DSPConfig.bin binary will stay and you need to keep it in there.

p6p_traillii-fw-06.jpg

As it was mentioned above, before you proceed with fw update, make sure you enable Knob+Media control keys (if you disabled it before). When you copy files and turn off and back on P6 Pro, it will automatically detect new fw and will ask you if you want to update. Touchscreen is disabled in that screen thus you will need to use media control keys to navigate to "yes". If you forgot to enable it, just hit Return-back button on the right side to take you out of the fw update screen, and then enable it.

p6p_traillii-fw-02.jpg

I would power cycle again after the fw update (turn it off and back on), and maybe click Update Media library again, just to be sure. One of the new features added is Double tap to wake the screen, that one has to be enable in Touchscreen and Keys menu. The feature works, but a bit of a hit-or-miss. Don't tap too fast or too slow, otherwise it will not detect the tap. But it does work and it is a cool addition!

p6p_traillii-fw-03.jpg

Also, Traillii DSP sound profile is added, just make sure DSPConfig.bin file stays in the root directory, don't delete it. When you go to Audio Output Settings, scroll down to Sound style (the last menu item), you will find Traillii and FW10000 sound profiles - tap to load it.

p6p_traillii-fw-04.jpgp6p_traillii-fw-05.jpg

The sound difference I hear, with Traillii, is that volume drops, I'm sure to compensate for sound adjustment they had to change pre-gain setting like in EQ to avoid clipping. The sound becomes warmers, smoother, laidback, very analog and tube-like. Also, soundstage shrinks. It is an interesting alternative sound treatment, but personally I prefer default setting to give Traillii more resolution, crisper details, faster speed, and bigger soundstage. But if you prefer more intimacy and a smoother analog tonality, you will like this sound profile.

p6p_traillii-fw-01.jpg

And, yes, you still need to use DriveSort utility when you add new files and want them to be in order.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #1,303 of 3,957
Thank you Alex!

Apr 8, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #1,304 of 3,957
OK, so it looks like P6 Pro new fw 1.0.0.3 is officially out. Talked to Musicteck, they will have a link available for download from their site, both files with the new fw and new DSP profile which includes Traillii.

You get 2 files, LPFWPKG.ISO (with new fw) and DSPConfig.bin (contains sound profile for Oriolus Traillii and JVC FW10000). Both of these files need to be copied to root directory of internal storage. After fw update ISO file will be deleted automatically, but DSPConfig.bin binary will stay and you need to keep it in there.

p6p_traillii-fw-06.jpg

As it was mentioned above, before you proceed with fw update, make sure you enable Knob+Media control keys (if you disabled it before). When you copy files and turn off and back on P6 Pro, it will automatically detect new fw and will ask you if you want to update. Touchscreen is disabled in that screen thus you will need to use media control keys to navigate to "yes". If you forgot to enable it, just hit Return-back button on the right side to take you out of the fw update screen, and then enable it.

p6p_traillii-fw-02.jpg

I would power cycle again after the fw update (turn it off and back on), and maybe click Update Media library again, just to be sure. One of the new features added is Double tap to wake the screen, that one has to be enable in Touchscreen and Keys menu. The feature works, but a bit of a hit-or-miss. Don't tap too fast or too slow, otherwise it will not detect the tap. But it does work and it is a cool addition!

p6p_traillii-fw-03.jpg

Also, Traillii DSP sound profile is added, just make sure DSPConfig.bin file stays in the root directory, don't delete it. When you go to Audio Output Settings, scroll down to Sound style (the last menu item), you will find Traillii and FW10000 sound profiles - tap to load it.

p6p_traillii-fw-04.jpgp6p_traillii-fw-05.jpg

The sound difference I hear, with Traillii, is that volume drops, I'm sure to compensate for sound adjustment they had to change pre-gain setting like in EQ to avoid clipping. The sound becomes warmers, smoother, laidback, very analog and tube-like. Also, soundstage shrinks. It is an interesting alternative sound treatment, but personally I prefer default setting to give Traillii more resolution, crisper details, faster speed, and bigger soundstage. But if you prefer more intimacy and a smoother analog tonality, you will like this sound profile.

p6p_traillii-fw-01.jpg

And, yes, you still need to use DriveSort utility when you add new files and want them to be in order.
You the man!!!!
Any ideas about detecting a tag issue with a track? Ever had that issue?

Apr 8, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #1,305 of 3,957
Oh, boy, just heard a minute ago that fw is not 100% finalized. Based on customer feedback from beta testing, there is one more bug they have to address and will release the final version. So, we might have to wait another day or so. But when it becomes available, Andrew/MusicTeck told me the link will be shared on their site.

But either way, my post above is still valid :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back