Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Mar 21, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #1,261 of 3,992
A P6 Pro FW Update preview from LP's CEO Mr. Wan. The FW will be released very soon (in these two weeks I believe). The video is in Chinese. There will be four major updates:
  • Add a Traillii-tuned EQ to P6 Pro.
  • Add the double-click-to-wake-screen function.
  • Fix the issue of having too much output power even at a very low volume.
  • Support more music file formats, or better support the decoding of existing file formats.
http://f.video.weibocdn.com/92tkGnL...1616305038&ssig=B7CGMB9aq8&KID=unistore,video
Awesome. That was pretty fast, last update was only a couple months ago, good sign L&P is hot on the firmware improvement track. Traillii setting is interesting, not sure it could be better, curious.

Mar 21, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #1,263 of 3,992
Awesome. That was pretty fast, last update was only a couple months ago, good sign L&P is hot on the firmware improvement track. Traillii setting is interesting, not sure it could be better, curious.

I'm curious as well. L&P added Xelento preset to W2, gave me an excuse to dust them off since I haven't touched these Beyers in years. It's a very subtle change, mostly affecting lower mids, giving them extra body, and making overall sound a little more organic. Thus, I'm curious how they are going to finetune the bird.

Mar 22, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #1,264 of 3,992
I'll chime in quickly with my initial thoughts, having used the P6 Pro for a few weeks now...
Suffice to say it has quickly become one of my favorite DAPs and possibly THE favorite. Its a fantastic counterpoint to the Astell & Kern SP2000 which I love as well. Where the SP2000's aim seems to be wringing as much resolution out of tracks as possible (for current TOTL DAP tech), the P6 Pro takes a different and to my ears more musical approach. Its almost as resolving and airy as the SP2000 but smoother and with slightly better tonality. It delivers a ton of resolution and soundstage information while being more listenable and less fatiguing over long stretches. I find it difficult to say which one is the keeper since they do take different approaches. I suspect for many buyers it will come down to their particular functionality needs. If you can afford both you will be happy. If you can only afford one or the other, I'll just say this: when I want to sit up and analyze songs intently, I may use my SP2000...when I want to enjoy music for hours, its the P6 Pro all the way. Unlike the WM1Z it does not lose the edge on detail and sparkle for smoothness. Truly a game-changing DAP. PS -- I find the Bluetooth feature to be surprisingly useful based on LDAC streaming from my android phone. Not quite local file sound quality but very very close.

Mar 22, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #1,265 of 3,992
I'll chime in quickly with my initial thoughts, having used the P6 Pro for a few weeks now...
Suffice to say it has quickly become one of my favorite DAPs and possibly THE favorite. Its a fantastic counterpoint to the Astell & Kern SP2000 which I love as well. Where the SP2000's aim seems to be wringing as much resolution out of tracks as possible (for current TOTL DAP tech), the P6 Pro takes a different and to my ears more musical approach. Its almost as resolving and airy as the SP2000 but smoother and with slightly better tonality. It delivers a ton of resolution and soundstage information while being more listenable and less fatiguing over long stretches. I find it difficult to say which one is the keeper since they do take different approaches. I suspect for many buyers it will come down to their particular functionality needs. If you can afford both you will be happy. If you can only afford one or the other, I'll just say this: when I want to sit up and analyze songs intently, I may use my SP2000...when I want to enjoy music for hours, its the P6 Pro all the way. Unlike the WM1Z it does not lose the edge on detail and sparkle for smoothness. Truly a game-changing DAP. PS -- I find the Bluetooth feature to be surprisingly useful based on LDAC streaming from my android phone. Not quite local file sound quality but very very close.

Well said, I just sent my P6 Pro demo back to musicteck and it definitely has one of the most musical while still being highly technical tunings I have heard. I loved it, it honestly reminds me of when the first time I heard the Erlkonig... another musical/highly detailed presentation. If L&P ever get around to “fixing” the tagging issues, I’ll be the first customer in line :)

Mar 22, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #1,266 of 3,992
Well said, I just sent my P6 Pro demo back to musicteck and it definitely has one of the most musical while still being highly technical tunings I have heard. I loved it, it honestly reminds me of when the first time I heard the Erlkonig... another musical/highly detailed presentation. If L&P ever get around to “fixing” the tagging issues, I’ll be the first customer in line :)
I notice you have the DX300 and SP2000cu (I have the ss version)....how would you compare the sq of the iBasso and the A&K?
Also do you mind characterizing/comparing the 64Audio 18s to the Traillii? I have the U18t and am about to sell it because I prefer the Erlkonig and already have an order into Andrew for the Traillii. :) I'm wondering how the U18s will stack up.

Mar 22, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #1,267 of 3,992
I notice you have the DX300 and SP2000cu (I have the ss version)....how would you compare the sq of the iBasso and the A&K?
Also do you mind characterizing/comparing the 64Audio 18s to the Traillii? I have the U18t and am about to sell it because I prefer the Erlkonig and already have an order into Andrew for the Traillii. :) I'm wondering how the U18s will stack up.

DX300 is warmer than the SP2000 and has a sharper attack to notes, SP2000 comes off as brighter and smoother. SP2000 has a more revealing tuning to me whereas DX300 goes for the more musical type of tuning but still has a bit of analytical characteristics to it also. They’re quite complementary, imo. As far as the actual DAP itself goes, I haven’t used anything better than the DX300. It is just the total package that you could ask for.

I barely touch my A18s now since I got the Traillii, but A18s has more mid bass slam to my ears whereas Traillii goes for a more sub bass focus. Traillii has more revealing and much better layered/separated midrange without being analytical, it is still a very musical tuning. Both have smooth and extended treble with Traillii being more sparkly to my ears. Traillii/Erlky/U18s is one hell of a trio :wink:

Mar 22, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #1,268 of 3,992
That feedback is super helpful, @aaf evo , thank you!

Thinking aloud...I will probably sell off the U18t, get the Traillii, and sit tight for a bit on IEM purchases.
I'll also probably keep the SP2000 and P6P, rather than swap in an iBasso/Hiby/Shanling dap. Instead I may add the C9 amp.
Too many toys...I need to sell off stuff to fund all of these dreams!

Mar 22, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #1,269 of 3,992
That feedback is super helpful, @aaf evo , thank you!

Thinking aloud...I will probably sell off the U18t, get the Traillii, and sit tight for a bit on IEM purchases.
I'll also probably keep the SP2000 and P6P, rather than swap in an iBasso/Hiby/Shanling dap. Instead I may add the C9 amp.
Too many toys...I need to sell off stuff to fund all of these dreams!

Can’t wait to try the C9 eventually. I’m still remaining hopeful that LP will randomly fix the tagging issue though. As intrigued as I am by the C9 it doesn’t really fit the use I am looking for.

Mar 24, 2021 at 2:00 AM Post #1,270 of 3,992
Hi guys!
I just found that in the LP6 WeChat group :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/za2cimtvxb6rcoz/DSPConfig_forP6_FWW_TRAILLII(1).rar?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qab1kygtj47wim1/LPFWPKG_P6Pro_V1.0.0.3_2021.3.21.rar?dl=0

I don’t think these are the final versions, but if anyone wants to give it a try, it’s there... :)

Sadly I only have the LP6 so I can’t try those P6Pro FW and DSP...

Edit : maybe it’s wiser not to update the firmware, since it’s only a beta version. Testing the DSP for Traillii is probably ok though...

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #1,271 of 3,992
Edit : maybe it’s wiser not to update the firmware, since it’s only a beta version. Testing the DSP for Traillii is probably ok though...

Do you know if they said it's okay to just update the DSPConfig.bin without the new firmware?
I guess the DSPConfig.bin needs the new firmware to detect the DSP plugin as it didn't do anything with the current 1.0.0.2 firmware.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #1,272 of 3,992
So I took the risk and updated my P6 Pro with the beta firmware so I could try out the Traillii DSP profile with my Traillii. I'd say hold off until the production release, not worth the risk right now.

To sum up, the DSP for Traillii seems to lower the treble shelf a bit and does something to the bass that equalizes the sub- and mid-bass slightly. I prefer the default setting for a slightly sharper sound. I could see others perhaps preferring the smoother rolloff...just not me so much. Give me that unadulterated P6 Pro sound!

I did not perceive much if any difference in SQ with the firmware switch itself.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #1,273 of 3,992
So I took the risk and updated my P6 Pro with the beta firmware so I could try out the Traillii DSP profile with my Traillii. I'd say hold off until the production release, not worth the risk right now.

To sum up, the DSP for Traillii seems to lower the treble shelf a bit and does something to the bass that equalizes the sub- and mid-bass slightly. I prefer the default setting for a slightly sharper sound. I could see others perhaps preferring the smoother rolloff...just not me so much. Give me that unadulterated P6 Pro sound!

I did not perceive much if any difference in SQ with the firmware switch itself.

Probably a huge doubt but did the new firmware address the song tags at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back