Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Apr 17, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #1,322 of 3,992
Just confirmed it's online and upgrading it now...
https://www.musicteck.com/firmware-upgrade
Please post how it goes for you. My P6Pro is not working right every time I turn it on it forgets all settings except language. Hoping the firmware upgrade fixes that. Charging now I listened all day today to some newer tunes, new for me anyway, and some older ones. Ran it down. Once fully charged I will forge ahead with the new FW and try and deal with getting the library to scan again. Tomorrow’s plan.

Frustrating as it is, the sound today with the Traillii was really enjoyable Bill Evans Sunday at the Village Vanguard from 1959, remastered in the 90s, I used to have a cassette tape of this, the original, I forgot how incredible it is. I think this is the best Bill Evans recording. It is live and you can hear some audience chatting and glasses clanging. With the Traillii and resolution of the P6P I can almost make out some of the conversations. Master class in acoustic bass thanks to Scott La Faro. Awesome listen. Also spent time with Hans Zimmer Dark Night and Interstellar. And some Indian Classical, followed by Diana Krall.

I was painting today. Cannot wait for tomorrow.

Apr 17, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #1,323 of 3,992
Please post how it goes for you. My P6Pro is not working right every time I turn it on it forgets all settings except language. Hoping the firmware upgrade fixes that. Charging now I listened all day today to some newer tunes, new for me anyway, and some older ones. Ran it down. Once fully charged I will forge ahead with the new FW and try and deal with getting the library to scan again. Tomorrow’s plan.

Frustrating as it is, the sound today with the Traillii was really enjoyable Bill Evans Sunday at the Village Vanguard from 1959, remastered in the 90s, I used to have a cassette tape of this, the original, I forgot how incredible it is. I think this is the best Bill Evans recording. It is live and you can hear some audience chatting and glasses clanging. With the Traillii and resolution of the P6P I can almost make out some of the conversations. Master class in acoustic bass thanks to Scott La Faro. Awesome listen. Also spent time with Hans Zimmer Dark Night and Interstellar. And some Indian Classical, followed by Diana Krall.

Just a random thought, and I might have asked you this before. When you turn P6 Pro on, just push the power button for about 3-4sec, don't continue to push until display comes on. If you continue to push the power button until display lit up, it resets the player because there is a little delay before display is on and you end up holding the power button for too long.

Apr 17, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #1,324 of 3,992
Just a random thought, and I might have asked you this before. When you turn P6 Pro on, just push the power button for about 3-4sec, don't continue to push until display comes on. If you continue to push the power button until display lit up, it resets the player because there is a little delay before display is on and you end up holding the power button for too long.
Not doing that I was holding for a mental count to six. After that let go and about 5-10 seconds later the screen comes on. Anyway I will try reducing the six to four maybe I was triggering reset.

Apr 18, 2021 at 12:28 AM Post #1,325 of 3,992

My upgrade went well not even taking 30 seconds and after the reboot everything operates as smooth as before. One thing I've noticed is that they have somewhat improved the scan time on 1TB sd disk. It gets stuck from time to time during the skip as before but comes back in less than a minute (30~40 seconds) to resume. I wouldn't say 1TB is still 100% compatible but there's an obvious improvement. Regarding traillii dsp plugin there's some minute degradation of openness but enhances the natural tones which makes the sound more real and organic. I had a little discomfort on some of tracks having high pitched treble before but it is now better controlled to make it completely fatigue free. I kinda like the traillii plugin at least for now. Yes, the double click wakeup feature's definitely not fully cooked yet.

From your description which sort of resembled mine with P6 before, there could be an issue with the internal disk. My P6 also reset to factory default upon reboot not every time but most of the time I would say. It eventually got bricked during the firmware upgrade but I would suggest you send in for a replacement. L&P did confirm the disk issue.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #1,326 of 3,992
I have not done the upgrade(s) yet. I do a 4 sec or less, button-push to turn it on. I give it a few seconds to see if the screen turns on... I am assuming here that the shortest push that works is best. It is 'problematic' (or a frickin' PITA, depending on your mood and personality) that the screen does not imeediately come to life. I did not know that was even the case when i first got mine, but glad i saw it written about here. It is still way quicker a process, overall, than many high-end Android DAPs.

I totally get why @mvvRAZ gave up his P6Pro in favior of the PAW6000. I had the LPG, then the 6000, then the P6Pro (still have all 3). I think their 'chronological order of my owning them is the same as my sonic preferences between them. In a perfect world, maybe L&P can license the PAW OS- that would be sumfin!

Apr 18, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #1,327 of 3,992
I have not done the upgrade(s) yet. I do a 4 sec or less, button-push to turn it on. I give it a few seconds to see if the screen turns on... I am assuming here that the shortest push that works is best. It is 'problematic' (or a frickin' PITA, depending on your mood and personality) that the screen does not imeediately come to life. I did not know that was even the case when i first got mine, but glad i saw it written about here. It is still way quicker a process, overall, than many high-end Android DAPs.

I totally get why @mvvRAZ gave up his P6Pro in favior of the PAW6000. I had the LPG, then the 6000, then the P6Pro (still have all 3). I think their 'chronological order of my owning them is the same as my sonic preferences between them. In a perfect world, maybe L&P can license the PAW OS- that would be sumfin!
You're barking at the wrong tree here mate,
If you think any Lotoo sounds better than this r2r that's fine of course, but it seems you're talking more about user experience

Apr 18, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #1,328 of 3,992

I was actually writing about this in a comparison post on my thread, I need to get around to finishing it up

I noticed that while I only had the P6 Pro my actual listening time went down significantly because using the thing was just way too unpleasant, I developed almost like... a mental barrier haha

On sound - where the P6 pro is a good match, it is the best match. The PAW6000 is a little more neutral however, and pairs much better with darker monitors like the A12t and A18S

Apr 18, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #1,329 of 3,992
You're barking at the wrong tree here mate,
If you think any Lotoo sounds better than this r2r that's fine of course, but it seems you're talking more about user experience
You are either confused about barking or trees! I was saying that I think the P6Pro sounds better than the Lotoos. I said that I ranked them sonically in their order of aquisition-i.e., i UPGRADED when I bought a new one. My bad for not making clearer.

Not sure that anyone would disagree that the PAW6000 OS is substantially better than the P6Pro's. In terms of audio file playback, they do the same stuff, the PAW makes it much easier to do so. The L&P sounds better to me. There is a characteristic difference between Delta-Sigma and R2R dac processes.... Not every DS sounds the same as every other, likewise for R2R. Any of you out there LP listeners? Ever heard a proerly set up (Soundsmith) straig gauge cartrige on a great table and arm? It is different- the usual criteria either don't apply, or apply very differently. "Is it Ella or i it Memorex" is a Turing test for audio realism. I think for most audiophiles, the R2R stuff makes you ask way nore questions before you submit your Turing Test Paper to the Proctor!

Let's review..... I agree with you! :L3000::beyersmile:

Apr 18, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #1,330 of 3,992
I was actually writing about this in a comparison post on my thread, I need to get around to finishing it up

I noticed that while I only had the P6 Pro my actual listening time went down significantly because using the thing was just way too unpleasant, I developed almost like... a mental barrier haha

On sound - where the P6 pro is a good match, it is the best match. The PAW6000 is a little more neutral however, and pairs much better with darker monitors like the A12t and A18S

Yesterday i did a 3 mile round-trip walk to the USPS to drop off a package. For my reward for walking instead of motoring, I brought with my PAW6000 and my 64 Nio's with the FIR black apex modules, and the Cardas Clear Light Triton Audio made cable...

It sounded awesome! For the context of walking in a medium-sized Chicago suburb, it was perfect- sounded great, but kept me below the 'too blissed out to see the traffic' level of audiophile nirvana. The cable is pretty quiet, the Nios fit me well, and the PAW fits deeply into my Duluth Trading shirt pocket, so it stays safe.....

For a walk in my 'hood, the Sultan with 2000cu and CrystalCable Double Duet, or A8000s, is fine - much less traffic, bliss is much less dangerous, and the gear does not have to contend with errands .... (yahoo! post #1900 for me)

Apr 18, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #1,331 of 3,992
You are either confused about barking or trees! I was saying that I think the P6Pro sounds better than the Lotoos. I said that I ranked them sonically in their order of aquisition-i.e., i UPGRADED when I bought a new one. My bad for not making clearer.

Not sure that anyone would disagree that the PAW6000 OS is substantially better than the P6Pro's. In terms of audio file playback, they do the same stuff, the PAW makes it much easier to do so. The L&P sounds better to me. There is a characteristic difference between Delta-Sigma and R2R dac processes.... Not every DS sounds the same as every other, likewise for R2R. Any of you out there LP listeners? Ever heard a proerly set up (Soundsmith) straig gauge cartrige on a great table and arm? It is different- the usual criteria either don't apply, or apply very differently. "Is it Ella or i it Memorex" is a Turing test for audio realism. I think for most audiophiles, the R2R stuff makes you ask way nore questions before you submit your Turing Test Paper to the Proctor!

My bad for getting the order wrong, it is just plain offensive to hear something like paw 6k could possibly sound better than any L&P to anyone, let alone the 6pro 🤔

Apr 18, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #1,332 of 3,992

What confuses me a little is so far people are not picking the P6PRO for use with the C9. I would have thought the balanced R2R output would have helped push the C9 to the best it is capable of. Instead people seem to prefer Lotoo LPGT and others.

Another interesting thing to me is one of things Lotoo does really well is amplification I think that is why the PAW6000 still sounds really good. And yet there is the C9 which negates what Lotoo spends lots of effort and their house sound and experience on.

I honestly believe that if I did not A/B these players I may have never noticed what the PAW6000 does not handle fully, or at least with the same detail as the M8 or the P6PRO. It is subtle not overwhelming, the difference at least for me.

Apr 18, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #1,333 of 3,992
I installed the new firmware, I have a Mac not a PC at home, so the first try I did not unpack the files so it did nothing. Once I corrected for that by reattaching the player and double clicking the file the firmware loaded up on power down and power up. I did have to repeat the process to get the Traillii profile to load, by cycling on and off again.

The memory issue I was having is now corrected. I tried the Traillii profile and think I like it better off, will try again, it is noticeably quieter.
Hard to judge as you have to manually volume match and there is a delay before it switches and then you have to hit play and the song starts again from the beginning.

The double tap, kind of like it, since I think it may be less likely to turn on in your pocket, remains to be seen. That happens to me with my other two players when walking, and than a song jumps to another song, or the player stops, because the same pocket movement that turned the screen on also engages the track controls.

Apr 18, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #1,334 of 3,992
What confuses me a little is so far people are not picking the P6PRO for use with the C9. I would have thought the balanced R2R output would have helped push the C9 to the best it is capable of. Instead people seem to prefer Lotoo LPGT and others.

Another interesting thing to me is one of things Lotoo does really well is amplification I think that is why the PAW6000 still sounds really good. And yet there is the C9 which negates what Lotoo spends lots of effort and their house sound and experience on.

I honestly believe that if I did not A/B these players I may have never noticed what the PAW6000 does not handle fully, or at least with the same detail as the M8 or the P6PRO. It is subtle not overwhelming, the difference at least for me.
Plenty of Chinese users did P6 Pro + C9, just not so many here. :wink:

Attachments

• 04E22B10-6EB3-4F00-951A-346718FFF8E1.jpeg
    04E22B10-6EB3-4F00-951A-346718FFF8E1.jpeg
    218.1 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back