Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Apr 18, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #1,336 of 3,957
I thought everyone should be doing LP6TI and C9 lol
In China? Haha actually no. Many LPGT Ti or LP for either P6 Pro or LP 6 Ti. Some others like SP2000, HM1000M, N8, N6ii.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 7:01 PM Post #1,337 of 3,957
I thought everyone should be doing LP6TI and C9 lol
R2R adding the magic I am expecting. Warmer than DAC chips, to a partial tube pre-amplification circuit, perhaps that would add a little extra warmth pushing it more towards the full tube sound. On the fence for adding a C9, I heard other implementations of the Nu-Tubes and did not like them much.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #1,338 of 3,957
The LP is not R2R, R2R adding the magic I am expecting. Warmer than DAC chips, to a partial tube pre-amplification circuit, perhaps that would add a little extra warmth pushing it more towards the full tube sound. On the fence for adding a C9, I heard other implementations of the Nu-Tubes and did not like them much.
Lp6 is R2R, the differences is that it is IC-chip based vs P6Pro which is discrete.

‘’Technically, discrete resistors have worse tolerances than IC-chip based resistors as printing and Lazer trimming yield 0.0005% precision tolerances VS the 0.05% of discrete resistors :wink:...aka, IC-chip based is superior. Then the LP6TI is using 4 of them and not 2 like the LP6

Apr 18, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #1,339 of 3,957
Lp6 is R2R, the differences is that it is IC-chip based vs P6Pro which is discrete.

‘’Technically, discrete resistors have worse tolerances than IC-chip based resistors as printing and Lazer trimming yield 0.0005% precision tolerances VS the 0.05% of discrete resistors :wink:...aka, IC-chip based is superior. Then the LP6TI is using 4 of them and not 2 like the LP6
Okay you are correct, the chips are R2R chips instead of discrete components. Got confused for a second. Still wonder why we do not hear this L&P pairing with C9 even with those that have compared them as being tops.

Maybe in China but not here.

Apr 19, 2021 at 2:14 AM Post #1,340 of 3,957
I have paired LP6-ti with the C9 and will confirm that it is very much top of the game. I initialy wanted the LP6-ti as a collector but when I first got it I was impressed with it's musical prowess. Now, even though I have paired it with HA-6A the pairing with C9 just seems even a step up from there. Way beyond my expectations. And I look forward to many many hours exploring and enjoying my library.

I started with the Klipsch HP-3 headphones but will get around to others.

Apr 19, 2021 at 2:30 AM Post #1,341 of 3,957
Plenty of Chinese users did P6 Pro + C9, just not so many here. :wink:
20210327_213634.jpg

I am pairing these 2 quite frequently indeed.

Apr 19, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #1,342 of 3,957
Had the P6 Pro for a little over a week now. Still loving it, never knew music could sound so good on this. Really fun pairing with my Hyla Sardas, which also scale very well with the P6P.

P.S. I bought this like new from Musicteck and I was notified that the original like new product was already sold, so I was sent a new one instead! Really awesome store

Apr 24, 2021 at 11:16 PM Post #1,345 of 3,957
Pulled the C9 cord today.

While I was picking up a replacement for my P6 Pro which had a memory hardware issue. The unit would forget all settings on every power down, pain, especially would not know what you were listening to so you need to find the album/song again. I think there were a few units that had this issue surface after months of use and I was one of the unlucky few.

Have a new P6Pro and new C9. First listen today and pairs extremely well. New P6P needs burn in, still sounded incredible.

The C9 has tons of power, everything low gain.

Ran out of power on C9 now charging first time after original out a box power that lasted around 5 hours.

P6P volume wheel still limits volume even in line out. Probably best to leave it maxed out at 60 and use the C9 volume adjustment. Any advice?

49C1FE0E-3AF1-4BC7-919A-46DC41DBDC85.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2021 at 5:37 AM Post #1,346 of 3,957
Pulled the C9 cord today.

While I was picking up a replacement for my P6 Pro which had a memory hardware issue. The unit would forget all settings on every power down, pain, especially would not know what you were listening to so you need to find the album/song again. I think there were a few units that had this issue surface after months of use and I was one of the unlucky few.

Have the a new P6Pro and new C9. First listen today and pairs extremely well. New P6P needs burn in, still sounded incredible.

The C9 has tons of power, everything low gain.

Ran out of power on C9 now charging first time after original out a box power that lasted around 5 hours.

P6P volume wheel still limits volume even in line out. Probably best to leave it maxed out at 60 and use the C9 volume adjustment. Any advice?

49C1FE0E-3AF1-4BC7-919A-46DC41DBDC85.jpeg
I settled for red60for now, let's keep experimenting 👍

Apr 25, 2021 at 7:25 AM Post #1,347 of 3,957
I settled for red60for now, let's keep experimenting 👍
Yesterday when the C9 ran out of power, I was getting tired but still had P6P power left. Unplugged it from C9 and plugged the earphones directly, rookie mistake forgot to change back to HP on the P6P, interestingly the P6 detected it and dropped the level to what I last listened at. A message box was on the screen asking me “do you want to blow your ears out” Yes or No.

L&P software has some well thought out moments.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2021 at 8:13 AM Post #1,348 of 3,957
Yesterday when the C9 ran out of power, I was getting tired but still had P6P power left. Unplugged it from C9 and plugged the earphones directly, rookie mistake forgot to change back to HP on the P6P, interestingly the P6 detected it and dropped the level to what I last listened at directly. A message box was on the screen asking me “do you want to blow your ears out” Yes or No.

That is awesome!! If it was Dx300 then it would have blow your ears out !! LMAO

Apr 25, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #1,349 of 3,957
Yesterday when the C9 ran out of power, I was getting tired but still had P6P power left. Unplugged it from C9 and plugged the earphones directly, rookie mistake forgot to change back to HP on the P6P, interestingly the P6 detected it and dropped the level to what I last listened at. A message box was on the screen asking me “do you want to blow your ears out” Yes or No.

perhaps L&P really stands for Luxury & Protection! Glad you came out unscathed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back