Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Apr 8, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #1,306 of 3,999
Oh, boy, just heard a minute ago that fw is not 100% finalized. Based on customer feedback from beta testing, there is one more bug they have to address and will release the final version. So, we might have to wait another day or so. But when it becomes available, Andrew/MusicTeck told me the link will be shared on their site.

But either way, my post above is still valid :wink:
Yeah prob the double tap, doesn't really work well

Apr 8, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #1,307 of 3,999
You the man!!!!
Any ideas about detecting a tag issue with a track? Ever had that issue?

Todd, I'm probably the last person you want to ask about it. My whole library of songs is very small, and I mostly stream (Amazon HD). Thus, I don't pay close attention to tags and usually browse songs by directory. Finding a song with a bad tag that crashes file scan is PITA :frowning2: , like looking for a needle in a haystack. Maybe google for some mp3 tag editors to make your life easier?

Apr 8, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #1,309 of 3,999
Yeah prob the double tap, doesn't really work well

Nope, something related to DSD file rendering and noise in low gain.

With double-tap, like I mentioned, it is hit or miss. Don't tap too fast, it will not detect it. Also, for some reason, double tap doesn't work for me when I'm charging P6 Pro. It is just a sensor under the touch screen, maybe they need to tweak the sensitivity of tap detection.

Apr 8, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #1,310 of 3,999
Anyone else having issues after the firmware upgrade?
I'm picking up a slight crackling sound in the right channel during quiet passages and the low gain setting is filled with static. Weird.

DSD files or another format? That's what I heard, they have to fix it. But either way, that is the reason why it was a beta release and not the official one. They are collecting all the bugs to address everything in the final official fw.

Apr 8, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #1,311 of 3,999
Nope, something related to DSD file rendering and noise in low gain.

With double-tap, like I mentioned, it is hit or miss. Don't tap too fast, it will not detect it. Also, for some reason, double tap doesn't work for me when I'm charging P6 Pro. It is just a sensor under the touch screen, maybe they need to tweak the sensitivity of tap detection.
That's it exactly 👍

Apr 8, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #1,313 of 3,999
Todd, I'm probably the last person you want to ask about it. My whole library of songs is very small, and I mostly stream (Amazon HD). Thus, I don't pay close attention to tags and usually browse songs by directory. Finding a song with a bad tag that crashes file scan is PITA :frowning2: , like looking for a needle in a haystack. Maybe google for some mp3 tag editors to make your life easier?
Thanks, yes frustating, and no other player cares, only L&P. Wish they would plug that gap in their technical ability, they have great ideas, electrical implementation, and designs, but software is a true bottleneck holding them back from wider market acceptance, and those of us that put up with it, left compromising.

Apr 8, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #1,314 of 3,999
Thanks, yes frustating, and no other player cares, only L&P. Wish they would plug that gap in their technical ability, they have great ideas, electrical implementation, and designs, but software is a true bottleneck holding them back from wider market acceptance, and those of us that put up with it, left compromising.
They will, I'm sure, but how long till and will it cover current models.
I do enjoy a sound far superior than anything else out there without looking at screen like a phone though, just like listening to a real player of old days😉😁

Apr 9, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #1,315 of 3,999
They will, I'm sure, but how long till and will it cover current models.
I do enjoy a sound far superior than anything else out there without looking at screen like a phone though, just like listening to a real player of old days😉😁
Does anyone remember how to do a hard reset? Every time I power up, back to default settings.

Apr 9, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #1,316 of 3,999
Does anyone remember how to do a hard reset? Every time I power up, back to default settings.

Is this happening after you updated the fw? If not, wait until new fw, it should take care of the bugs and the reset by default.

Apr 9, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #1,317 of 3,999
Is this happening after you updated the fw? If not, wait until new fw, it should take care of the bugs and the reset by default.
Okay thanks.

Apr 17, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #1,318 of 3,999
Any news on FW release?

Apr 17, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #1,319 of 3,999
Any news on FW release?

Ah, thanks for the reminder! Andrew forwarded to me P6 Pro fw update from L&P 4 days ago. And btw, I had no issues with the previous update and no issues with this one either, but I do remember L&P mentioned about addressing some problem. But either way, maybe ping Andrew with this question so he can upload it on Musicteck site for others to download.

Apr 17, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #1,320 of 3,999
Ah, thanks for the reminder! Andrew forwarded to me P6 Pro fw update from L&P 4 days ago. And btw, I had no issues with the previous update and no issues with this one either, but I do remember L&P mentioned about addressing some problem. But either way, maybe ping Andrew with this question so he can upload it on Musicteck site for others to download.
Looks like the P6-PRO FW link is posted on MusicTeck, will try tomorrow after full charge. Fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back