Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Aug 23, 2020 at 12:17 AM Post #316 of 4,030
Romi charged me about 1K USD and they took over a week to do it as they were studying the components and playing with it. Future mods can be done within a few days now they have the know how. Now with the the pandemic, I’m not sure if they can work on offering a better price or not, but it’s worth asking. Check in this forum for Romi mods. I found out about them via this forum and have read that many customers have sent in their units to be modded and are very happy with it. I was a bit skeptical at first, before and after the mod of the P6 due to minor sound changes. But as I am replying to you right now and listening to the P6, I have no regrets at all. Just a big smile on my face.

I am fully satisfied with the current sound quality of stock player but then we always go for any tangible improvement if feasible.
I have a different story than yours as you were requiring more power but I actually want to bring down volume level to -10db so I can enjoy ultra
low listening volume on IEMs. I do not feel comfortable that even at lowest volume it's loud for bed time listening. I have already sent them an email
so let's see what they can offer. Honestly, I really don't feel I need the mod but who knows...

Aug 23, 2020 at 12:28 AM Post #318 of 4,030
Romi charged me about 1K USD and they took over a week to do it as they were studying the components and playing with it. Future mods can be done within a few days now they have the know how. Now with the the pandemic, I’m not sure if they can work on offering a better price or not, but it’s worth asking. Check in this forum for Romi mods. I found out about them via this forum and have read that many customers have sent in their units to be modded and are very happy with it. I was a bit skeptical at first, before and after the mod of the P6 due to minor sound changes. But as I am replying to you right now and listening to the P6, I have no regrets at all. Just a big smile on my face.
They are located 15 mins from me.

Aug 23, 2020 at 12:29 AM Post #319 of 4,030
I only use 4.4mm and had connected EA Code51 with Erlky.
That is exactly the same combo I opted for as well. Strange that it doesn’t sound good. Very very strange. I won’t get mine until after my birthday next month. Let’s see. Who knows what new toy I will be after. But I am also looking at the Odin right now.

Aug 23, 2020 at 12:40 AM Post #321 of 4,030
That is exactly the same combo I opted for as well. Strange that it doesn’t sound good. Very very strange. I won’t get mine until after my birthday next month. Let’s see. Who knows what new toy I will be after. But I am also looking at the Odin right now.

Everyone has different ears so you may go crazy over it. Don't get me wrong Erlky is awesome IEM. I really love its silky treble and coherent mid
but just didn't feel it performs optimal with P6 in terms of bass. Again, maybe it's just me as I never like BA bass as it lacks sub bass punch
and lively articulation as you hear on good DD bass.

Aug 23, 2020 at 12:44 AM Post #323 of 4,030
Everyone has different ears so you may go crazy over it. Don't get me wrong Erlky is awesome IEM. I really love its silky treble and coherent mid
but just didn't feel it performs optimal with P6 in terms of bass. Again, maybe it's just me as I never like BA bass as it lacks sub bass punch
and lively articulation as you hear on good DD bass.
Then let’s see how Odin does. Actually there are so many variables with wire burn in, driver burn in, DAP burn in. It’s quite fun but also maddening at the same time. Just when you know you have perfection that extra one or two percent drives you mad. Is there ever truly an endgame? Or do our ears just get used to the new norm? That is what I ask myself every time I acquire a new piece.

Aug 23, 2020 at 12:54 AM Post #324 of 4,030
Why don’t you just ship directly to Romi then?

Haha, why didn't I think of that? haha

Then let’s see how Odin does. Actually there are so many variables with wire burn in, driver burn in, DAP burn in. It’s quite fun but also maddening at the same time. Just when you know you have perfection that extra one or two percent drives you mad. Is there ever truly an endgame? Or do our ears just get used to the new norm? That is what I ask myself every time I acquire a new piece.

You are absolutely correct. I know I have to stop at some point but I can't seem to.. I was just excited with the two dx-220s (body and amp mod) I got like 2 month
ago and was really enjoying the sound. Then came dx-220 max which I also purchased but didn't really enjoy as much. Now I am into P6 but who knows what will
be my next target. At least my love affair with P6 seems to last longer :)

Aug 23, 2020 at 1:12 AM Post #325 of 4,030

You are absolutely correct. I know I have to stop at some point but I can't seem to.. I was just excited with the two dx-220s (body and amp mod) I got like 2 month
ago and was really enjoying the sound. Then came dx-220 max which I also purchased but didn't really enjoy as much. Now I am into P6 but who knows what will
I agree with you on the P6.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2020 at 2:07 AM Post #326 of 4,030

Then get it modded and then have the love affair last even longer. I am looking to sell of my SP2K and some other items that I fell in love with for 2 weeks until I found something better. Sigh. If I had known and not spent the dough, could of been extra money in the bank and not a depreciating toy.

Aug 23, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #327 of 4,030
Then get it modded and then have the love affair last even longer. I am looking to sell of my SP2K and some other items that I fell in love with for 2 weeks until I found something better. Sigh. If I had known and not spent the dough, could of been extra money in the bank and not a depreciating toy.

I have two body modded DX220s done by Fidelizer (dx229) and fellow member edwardsean (dx228). Both did excellent job by making the devices completely
different bringing them up to different level from stock (you gotta admit the stock dx220 does not sound that exciting, rather mediocre). I really really enjoyed
these modded daps and I still believe they sound awesome with any IEMs. But P6 sounds just more natural and stimulating to me ATM.
As for full size HP listening I still prefer N8 with D9200. These modded DXs are stored away but I know they still have a good use with the different synergy.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #328 of 4,030
BTW, how does the L6 stabilize the temps for the discrete resistors? Desktop discrete R2R DACs need 24-72 hours for temps to stabilize and once they do, you don't turn power off ever.

Aug 24, 2020 at 12:23 AM Post #330 of 4,030
BTW, how does the L6 stabilize the temps for the discrete resistors? Desktop discrete R2R DACs need 24-72 hours for temps to stabilize and once they do, you don't turn power off ever.
"Here is a Google translation of their reply

We know that the smaller the closed space, the faster the time to achieve temperature stability, the smaller the temperature difference, and the faster the time to achieve temperature stability.
So we are mainly based on these two points to solve the problem of rapid internal temperature stability.
First, the P6 fuselage is not large, but also intentionally avoid the shell and PCB copper foil contact caused by the ambient temperature on the internal temperature of the player.
Second, we try our best to reduce the power consumption of the digital part and the sound quality unrelated circuit to the extreme low, which can be seen from the continuation of P6, the lower power consumption means that the temperature difference between the player and the environment is smaller.
In addition, it is also related to the material used in the resistance of our R2R part. The DA part of P6 selects the low temperature floating high precision thin film resistance."

Original text:

"
我们知道,越小的封闭空间,达到温度稳定的时间越快,温差越小,达到温度稳定的时间也越快。
所以我们是主要基于这两点来解决快速达到内部温度稳定。
第一点,P6机身并不大,也有意避免了机壳与PCB的铜箔接触而导致的环境温度对播放器内部温度影响。
第二点,我们尽可能的将数字部分和与音质不相关电路功耗降到了极致的低,这从P6的续航可以看出,功耗的降低意味着播放器与环境的温度差更小。
另外也与我们R2R部分的电阻的用料也有关系,P6的DA部分选用的是低温飘高精度薄膜电阻。"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back