Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Aug 22, 2020 at 3:06 AM Post #301 of 4,030
I'm a dynamic driver iem collector, so I have many at my disposal.
I'm going to place my order, I cant dwell on it too much.

I don't need 1TB, I'm happy with 512 GB of WAV music.

Aug 22, 2020 at 3:48 AM Post #303 of 4,030
Yeah you gonna love the player with your DD iem girls. I recently hook this up to the erlkonig
and although its treble/mid were quite decent and delicate but the bass wans't just there compared
to solaris 2020. I am betting on odin to be the right partner for this little one. After 200hrs of burn-in
this unique sound signature of P6 just dominates. I now have a thing about r2r player.

Aug 22, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #305 of 4,030
Hi all, I forgot to double-check, does P6 have gapless playback?
On a more related note, do the lucky P6 owner still feel strongly about P6?
As for me there was some drastic sound refinement at around 150 hours mark so make sure you give it enough time to burn the device before making any conclusion.

Something incredible happened about an hour ago. After the 250 hour mark, there was an explosion of detail and clarity that I never heard before. All of a sudden my modified P6 went from being pretty good to WOW! It felt as if the veil was lifted and the player has warmed up. I guess this is similar to the modded Sony 1Z. I’m scratching my head right now and am truly amazed at how the sound went from good (stock) to pretty good (after the Romi MOD) and now 250 hours later (What). It’s almost as details come out so effortlessly with an exact precision on the instruments and position of the instruments. Also after this pop happened I have lowered by volume by 10 clicks to get the same volume but with so much more clarity. I should be sleeping now, but am dam too excited jumping though my whole library and listening every single genre I have and am astounded.
Noticeable sound differences.

Using the Sony Z1R and these are hard to drive.

-10 clicks lower with so much clarity and definition. Reminds me of the pairing of the P6 with the Class A amplifier from Romi model BX2. Details of every the instruments have so much more presence and is effortless. You don’t need to turn up the volume to hear the details.
- Bass is tight and hits harder and cleaner with a fuller sub bass presence. It isn’t muddy or excessive but you can really feel the sound pressure level just hit.
-soundstage is a bit wider but more concentrated. Prior to it popping it just felt a bit smaller than the sp2k. But after this pop. It sounds so natural and precise. On some tracks it’s almost if you were sitting dead center in front of the B&W 703 speakers. If you ever had the chance to audition them, please do so.
-prior to the pop, the analog sound was good to great. After the pop. The sound is amazing and gives me goosebumps on a lot of the vocal artists such as Diana Krall, Zhao Peng, Valen Hsu, Chlara.

Will give a full when I have more time to Audition more genres and tracks.

Aug 22, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #306 of 4,030
Something incredible happened about an hour ago. After the 250 hour mark, there was an explosion of detail and clarity that I never heard before. All of a sudden my modified P6 went from being pretty good to WOW! It felt as if the veil was lifted and the player has warmed up. I guess this is similar to the modded Sony 1Z. I’m scratching my head right now and am truly amazed at how the sound went from good (stock) to pretty good (after the Romi MOD) and now 250 hours later (What). It’s almost as details come out so effortlessly with an exact precision on the instruments and position of the instruments. Also after this pop happened I have lowered by volume by 10 clicks to get the same volume but with so much more clarity. I should be sleeping now, but am dam too excited jumping though my whole library and listening every single genre I have and am astounded.

-10 clicks lower with so much clarity and definition. Reminds me of the pairing of the P6 with the Class A amplifier from Romi model BX2. Details of every the instruments have so much more presence and is effortless. You don’t need to turn up the volume to hear the details.
- Bass is tight and hits harder and cleaner with a fuller sub bass presence. It isn’t muddy or excessive but you can really feel the sound pressure level just hit.
-soundstage is a bit wider but more concentrated. Prior to it popping it just felt a bit smaller than the sp2k. But after this pop. It sounds so natural and precise. On some tracks it’s almost if you were sitting dead center in front of the B&W 703 speakers. If you ever had the chance to audition them, please do so.
-prior to the pop, the analog sound was good to great. After the pop. The sound is amazing and gives me goosebumps on a lot of the vocal artists such as Diana Krall, Zhao Peng, Valen Hsu, Chlara.

I just hope for you that your „pop“ stays the same after you have slept. I had such „pop“ moments in the evening when I think back and the day after it was like it was before. Great but not, well, pop :wink:
I think that our brain happens to work „better“ with listening on some days than on others. There are so many equations that need to be right and we have to be in the right mood, which also affects our blood circulation and when we are relaxed (jaws etc.) then the muscles in our ears are relaxed too which benefits our listening potential and so on.
That being said, enjoy the state you are in and I hope it will stay that way :)

Aug 22, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #307 of 4,030

There is even more sound enhancement to be made on already crazy device? That's amazing. I gotta start contacting Romi to get my fix. :)

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #308 of 4,030
I just hope for you that your „pop“ stays the same after you have slept. I had such „pop“ moments in the evening when I think back and the day after it was like it was before. Great but not, well, pop :wink:
I think that our brain happens to work „better“ with listening on some days than on others. There are so many equations that need to be right and we have to be in the right mood, which also affects our blood circulation and when we are relaxed (jaws etc.) then the muscles in our ears are relaxed too which benefits our listening potential and so on.
That being said, enjoy the state you are in and I hope it will stay that way :)

Hey why are you trying to spoil the fun for the guy?! lol seriously we have that pop moments many times. Just recently I had that pop moment when I hooked up erlkong on P6
for the first time but never lasted more than an hour. The mid/treble were amazing but just couldn't accept the dull bass it was producing.

Aug 22, 2020 at 10:26 PM Post #310 of 4,030
Hey why are you trying to spoil the fun for the guy?! lol seriously we have that pop moments many times. Just recently I had that pop moment when I hooked up erlkong on P6
for the first time but never lasted more than an hour. The mid/treble were amazing but just couldn't accept the dull bass it was producing.
Good morning. Been in bed listening for over an hour and am happy to report the pop is still going on strong.
For the Erlky l, how many hours of burn have you had? Also is the setting on #2 which is my favorite setting? In curious as I have ordered the LE and can’t wait to test that out when I get it next month.

Aug 22, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #311 of 4,030
I got no money for Romi MOd. Maybe one the warranty expires, ill send mine back.
I understand your predicament. However if you plan on putting in a lot of hours with the P6. Might as well have it sound better now than later. Think of it as depreciating that payment over a greater number of months or years VS a shorter time frame. Makes more sense. Warranty? I don’t this should be an issue as Romi stands behind their work so if anything happens, they can fix it. In addition I was a bit nervous when they modded the P6 as they never modded the P6 and I watched nervously while Dino took his time to pull apart the P6 piece by piece until he got to the R2R and pulled it out for a photo op. Then after receiving the Romi P6 back I could definitely tell there was more details and clarity but still wasn’t that impressed with the sound, even though I preferred the sound over my SP2K for extended listening sessions. Then last night came the pop I can tell you one thing for sure, the P6 plus the Romi mod has definitely been the best money spent this year. Especially considering this new era of COVID 19 we live in now. I was able to try a modded 1Z and love how musical the Sony was and how it sounded. But I think the Romi P6 may of just surpassed the 1Z in terms of everything now. What I mean is the presentation, sound stage, clarity, musicality and how effortless and integrated everything is. One thing I didn’t like about the modded 1Z was that it didn’t have enough power to pair with the Z1R, therefore I never pulled the trigger on it. Would love to meet up with a BG1Z owner and do a AB test sometime soon. Curious as to how these both units stack up against each other. For now, I’m going to enjoy my Sunday knowing that I made a very big gamble and it paid off.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2020 at 11:28 PM Post #312 of 4,030
Good morning. Been in bed listening for over an hour and am happy to report the pop is still going on strong.
For the Erlky l, how many hours of burn have you had? Also is the setting on #2 which is my favorite setting? In curious as I have ordered the LE and can’t wait to test that out when I get it next month.

These are BA drivers so I didn't think I need much burn in but I did run it for over 3 days. I found Solaris 2020 having better synergy with P6 than Erlky. Much more articulate bass while keeping
better transparency. The Erlky served no justice to P6 in terms of preserving P6's fabulous bass response, that's probably a limitation of BA bass. I did find erlky's matching extremely well with N8 though.
Just pre-ordered Odin, so let's see how that will match up with P6.

How much did you spend on Romi mod if you don't mind me asking and how long because I am also interested although I am not sure if Romi can do it for non-local customers.

Aug 23, 2020 at 12:07 AM Post #313 of 4,030
These are BA drivers so I didn't think I need much burn in but I did run it for over 3 days. I found Solaris 2020 having better synergy with P6 than Erlky. Much more articulate bass while keeping
better transparency. The Erlky served no justice to P6 in terms of preserving P6's fabulous bass response, that's probably a limitation of BA bass. I did find erlky's matching extremely well with N8 though.

How much did you spend on Romi mod if you don't mind me asking and how long because I am also interested although I am not sure if Romi can do it for non-local customers.
Romi charged me about 1K USD and they took over a week to do it as they were studying the components and playing with it. Future mods can be done within a few days now they have the know how. Now with the the pandemic, I’m not sure if they can work on offering a better price or not, but it’s worth asking. Check in this forum for Romi mods. I found out about them via this forum and have read that many customers have sent in their units to be modded and are very happy with it. I was a bit skeptical at first, before and after the mod of the P6 due to minor sound changes. But as I am replying to you right now and listening to the P6, I have no regrets at all. Just a big smile on my face.

Aug 23, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #314 of 4,030

By the way. Are you using 4.4 or the stock 3.5? Do you have a 4.4 site you can use for the Erlky?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back