Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Aug 16, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #288 of 4,026
The bass response on this thing is so great especially with those IEMs using the DD driver. I was excited about
1TB sd support with the new firmware but it didn't seem to work still as it keeps on crashing when skipping songs
while screen's off. I really hope L&P can sort this out soon. They should also work on enhancing the EQ as it
is not responsive with 24bit files. The same thing happens with N8 and Cayin said they couldn't get this working
on their EQ either, so is LPGT and other android daps only capable of EQ'ng 24bit+. If L&P cannot get this working,
they should at least add the custom EQ option for 16Bit.

Aug 18, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #291 of 4,026
I have the following 5 digital filter mode under P6 but have no idea what these setting signify.
Anyone have any idea what these setting suppose to bring? Not sure if I am hearing audible difference between the changes.

No Over-Sampling
Fast Attenuation
Slow Attenuation
Low latency Fast Attenuation
Low latency Slow Attenuation

Aug 18, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #295 of 4,026
What is NOS?
I have had the same discussion on Ibasso DX160's thread, which had the NOS filter updated very recently, but I don't think that my experiences are going to be translated into this DAP because of obvious differences in DACs and implementations so I'm not going to post my opinions on different filters. I can only say that (atleast for the DX160) the filters made small differences in the placement (depth placement) of the voices and background instrument which led to a more exciting or more laid back feeling depending on the filter.
This is a small quote about what I read about NOS:

Maybe that's why from my hearing experiences I felt that NOS sounded the most "laid back" and Slow Roll Off the most "exciting". I guess Slow Roll Off oversamples some things of the audio spectrum.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #296 of 4,026
I have had the same discussion on Ibasso DX160's thread, which had the NOS filter updated very recently, but I don't think that my experiences are going to be translated into this DAP because of obvious differences in DACs and implementations so I'm not going to post my opinions on different filters. I can only say that (atleast for the DX160) the filters made small differences in the placement (depth placement) of the voices and background instrument which led to a more exciting or more laid back feeling depending on the filter.
This is a small quote about what I read about NOS:
NOS filter is nonsense! NOS is raw sound without oversampling and filters.

Aug 18, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #297 of 4,026
My friend bought P6 but due Covid we can’t meet to test P6 with LP6. I hope to do it in September.

Aug 22, 2020 at 1:34 AM Post #299 of 4,026
Hi all, I forgot to double-check, does P6 have gapless playback?
On a more related note, do the lucky P6 owner still feel strongly about P6?

Aug 22, 2020 at 2:41 AM Post #300 of 4,026
Hi all, I forgot to double-check, does P6 have gapless playback?
On a more related note, do the lucky P6 owner still feel strongly about P6?

There is no crossfade or gapless play option setting but it does seem to play gapless by default.
I have not had any chance to touch my other daps since I got P6 for month and half so it must be special.
I really dig the deep organic bass response on this thing. Quite stimulating to say the least. I feel DD bass IEM
is must for this player. Here I am not talking about quantity but quality.

Nevertheless, this player is still not perfect. L&P still hasn't figured out how to make 1tb sd card compatible.
It has a weird volume control making it difficult to have ultra low 'bed time' listening on some of sensitive IEMs.
No custom EQ. Other than that I believe this is a R2R player done right sound wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back