Info on the "aune" USB DAC/Amp
Feb 5, 2011 at 6:22 AM Post #62 of 71
Need to refresh the thread/   Aune + AH-D2000...... Good Match?  Anyone?

Feb 5, 2011 at 7:05 AM Post #63 of 71
i'm still very happy with my Aune, using it with hd555.  i fiddled with the opamps too but i actually really like the opa2604 (even put one in my onkyo 9090II tuner :D).  

May 8, 2011 at 10:05 AM Post #64 of 71
Has anyone tried the Beyerdynamic DT990 (250ohm) with the headphone amp? How's the bass?

I can use my headphone with every source (analog, spdif, usb)?

Thanks!

Jun 2, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #65 of 71
I haven't had the Aune for very long but I was curious about the whole opamp stuff, so I ordered a couple from ebay. I received them a few days ago and today I tried to install them. After swapping the one that was inside from the dealer i screwed the thing together, and I did remember the plastic square. After turning it on I start smelling that burned electronic smell. I plugged inn the headphones and heard a buzzing sound. I screwed it back up and changed back to the old opamps, but the buzz sound is still there :frowning2: I'm afraid I have broken it. Does anyone know what went wrong? I am so mad at myselfe right now. Feel like I just threw 160 dollar out the window.

Please excuse my english, it's not my first language.

Jun 2, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #66 of 71
2 Things are possible, you either fried the opamps or you have caused an unintentional short when you put the board back into the metal case. Make sure you put the op amp in facing the right way.

Remove the board again and try to see if it will start up without being in the case. If it does you have a short. Remember that the chip in the back of the Aune cannot come in contact with the case. The thin transparent plastic must be installed correctly as well as the little rubber ring between the nut and the screw at the bottom of the case.

Jul 11, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #67 of 71
Hi. Could any  AUNE-user help me,  please, answering some questions:

1. Is it possible to control volume via windows mixer or software player? If yes - both when connected using coax and usb or no?

2. What Line-OUT is preffered (Phone or RCA-out) when using like this:
 PC (In the car) -> DAC -> Car Amplifier -> Speakers

Thanks in advance.

Jul 13, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #68 of 71
1. Possible but undesireable, you are lossing quality using the windows mixer to attenuate. Personally I perfer the coax over the USB connection.

2. I'd use the RCA since at this point your just using the Aune as a DAC/pre-amp.

Aug 31, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #69 of 71
Ok, I got a Q for all this Aune talk. Why is it, that whathifi.com does not even evaluate upon Aune? You just never see their products evaluated there, or am I wrong?! I just cannot find anything about the brand there. 
Allso, if only using the DAC between pc and amp., is it not a hinderance and extra disturbancecreating to have all the headphamp., diff. lineinput etc. and just go with "Simplicity is the last step of art and the first step of nature" (Quote Bruce Lee)?
I am onto getting a HRT Streamer II, as heard good about it and it seemingly makes sence to me, simplicity. I need it between PC and amp. for overall improvement of sound, going for natural sound, as I use PC for audiobooks and learnings/teachings.

Apr 27, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #70 of 71
Anyone tried Aune S10?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HIFI-Aune-S10-24BIT-192K-AKM4390-Chip-HIFI-DAC-New-Black-/121053723517

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #71 of 71
Still using the good old Aune I bought back in September 2010 :)  Been faultless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back