InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Feb 27, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #2,296 of 3,191
Had my tf10 reshells for a little over a year and I was taking the left side out of my ear and it cracked. Going to contact them and see how much to fix. An issue that developed over the year is the barrel insert on the mount itself loosened over time probably from attachimg and detaching the cables, anyone has this happened? Really bad luck here......one of the mount for my right piece sunk in.

Might be better if I just get new reshells. Thinking about bypassing mounts also and have direct wiring so I don't have issues i just mentioned.

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #2,297 of 3,191
Whoa whoa whoa, Inearz is doing reshells with silicon tips and wood inserts now? Bah, where was this a year ago :frowning2:

Feb 28, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #2,298 of 3,191
You can still get wood faceplates after

Mar 25, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #2,300 of 3,191
Hi Folks,

I had my tf10 vi's reshelled by fisher a while back, and i'm loving them.  Now, however, I'd like to get new cables for them.  I had them reshelled with just the stock tf10 vi cables (perhaps a mistake, but i didn't know any better at the time).  Anyone know if any of the UE custom cables will fit?

This is my current cable: http://cdn.head-fi.org/4/4f/4fa14e8a_ApBF2d1.jpeg
UE's custom cables are here: http://ultimateears.logitech.com/en-us/ue/custom-in-ear-monitors/accessories
And I'm thinking that this one looks like it might fit: http://ultimateears.logitech.com/assets/39842/ultimate-ears-48-inch-replacement-cable-clear-before-09-01-2010.png

Any thoughts very welcome!  thanks!

Mar 25, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #2,301 of 3,191
They both fit the pre and post 9/2010. I have the post on my stock TF10 and its great but I think it may fell weird on a custom TF10 because of the angle of the connector so Id go with pre 9/2010. I prefer it to epic cables Ive tried.
Quote:
Hi Folks,

I had my tf10 vi's reshelled by fisher a while back, and i'm loving them.  Now, however, I'd like to get new cables for them.  I had them reshelled with just the stock tf10 vi cables (perhaps a mistake, but i didn't know any better at the time).  Anyone know if any of the UE custom cables will fit?

This is my current cable: http://cdn.head-fi.org/4/4f/4fa14e8a_ApBF2d1.jpeg
UE's custom cables are here: http://ultimateears.logitech.com/en-us/ue/custom-in-ear-monitors/accessories
And I'm thinking that this one looks like it might fit: http://ultimateears.logitech.com/assets/39842/ultimate-ears-48-inch-replacement-cable-clear-before-09-01-2010.png

Any thoughts very welcome!  thanks!

Mar 26, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #2,302 of 3,191
Quote:
They both fit the pre and post 9/2010. I have the post on my stock TF10 and its great but I think it may fell weird on a custom TF10 because of the angle of the connector so Id go with pre 9/2010. I prefer it to epic cables Ive tried.

Thanks alv - great point!  I hadn't noticed the different angles.  One concern I have is that, right now, there's a little plastic sleeve that fits over where the mold and the cable make contact.  The pre's would leave that connection without such a sleeve.  Any thoughts about that?  thanks again.

Apr 11, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #2,303 of 3,191
Quote:
Had my tf10 reshells for a little over a year and I was taking the left side out of my ear and it cracked. Going to contact them and see how much to fix.

Let me know how this goes? I signed on here because this literally JUST happened to me too, but with the right side. The date on mine read 041312, so it's about a full year since they were made. Pretty disappointing…!

Apr 25, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #2,305 of 3,191
Quote:
Sent mine it, the molds were just poured, will let y'all know how they turn out. Anyone using them with post 2010 UE cables?

pretty much must ciems use a universal cable...westone, ue, um, jh, frogz....all the same pretty much

whats the going price for fischer to remold... i know they prices have changed since the last time i got it done

Apr 26, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #2,306 of 3,191
[quote name="TekeRugburn" url="/t/464570/inearz-fisher-hearing-custom-remold-owners-thread/2295#post_938shou ld pretty much must ciems use a universal cable...westone, ue, um, jh, frogz....all the same pretty much
[/quote]

have you ever looked at them? when someone points out a specific model of cable, including a make, it should warrant a peek if you are not sure what they are referring to.

remolds are 90 and remold of customs are 150

Apr 26, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #2,307 of 3,191
Quote:
[quote name="TekeRugburn" url="/t/464570/inearz-fisher-hearing-custom-remold-owners-thread/2295#post_938shou ld pretty much must ciems use a universal cable...westone, ue, um, jh, frogz....all the same pretty much

have you ever looked at them? when someone points out a specific model of cable, including a make, it should warrant a peek if you are not sure what they are referring to.

remolds are 90 and remold of customs are 150[/quote]

Kaysen (my bad if that's not her name) has said that the post 2010 cable doesnt fit. The pins are really recessed on the post 2010 cable and I think the angle of customs might make the fit weird on your ears.
And PS before you start being rude you might want to search before asking a question that HAS been answered numerous times already. 

Apr 26, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #2,308 of 3,191
Kaysen (my bad if that's not her name) has said that the post 2010 cable doesnt fit. The pins are really recessed on the post 2010 cable and I think the angle of customs might make the fit weird on your ears.
And PS before you start being rude you might want to search before asking a question that HAS been answered numerous times already. 

There wasn't a clear answer on it that was contemporary, inearz have evolved in design, and ue changes their cables as well, and one could potentially trim the connector shielding onthe cable side. also, it is uncharacteristic of me to be blunt but posting just to post without any knowledge regarding the question shuts discussion and is rude, hence my reply

Apr 26, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #2,309 of 3,191
Quote:

remolds are 90 and remold of customs are 150[/quote]

yeah i have.  I was pointing out that most custom iem makers/remolders still use the universal standard old cable.  UE is primarily the only one that uses that cable as standard (post 2012 UE cable) as its a UE cable.

So calm down; its not that serious.

I've been through Fischer a few times but not in the last year.  I like to think I'm pretty well versed in customs as I own two.  If my answer wasn't clear; I apologize but I don't need some snarky rude comment when I was trying to answer your question.  

Apr 29, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #2,310 of 3,191
I finally sent in my triple fi's to be remodeled, does Inearz usually notify you on their status or anything? I just want to make sure they received the impressions and headphones and that they arrived okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back