InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Dec 30, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #2,266 of 3,191
Apart from the fact that mentioning them here isn't really the most appropriate thing to do...I've checked their page and their work isn't really top notch, compared to what I've seen from InEarz!

even I would prefer inearz, but the amount difference is vast especially in my ccy, the quote I got from him was 114 with cable & shipping from his side... Inearz has a great customer service as evident from this thread. However their total price is coming to 155 dollars, and I do not think that either of the 2 has a difference of build quality that is implied by the price. of couse um has superiority in the same, but that higher. Even gui-ling from g-customs gives it for 160 dollars with shipping & cable and his works is supposed to be better quality than either .. 

sorry to continually barrage the inearz thread..

adieu! 

Dec 30, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #2,267 of 3,191
Good luck with the re-shelling :) I wish I could get the "spheres" to send mine!!

Quote:

even I would prefer inearz, but the amount difference is vast especially in my ccy, the quote I got from him was 114 with cable & shipping from his side... Inearz has a great customer service as evident from this thread. However their total price is coming to 155 dollars, and I do not think that either of the 2 has a difference of build quality that is implied by the price. of couse um has superiority in the same, but that higher. Even gui-ling from g-customs gives it for 160 dollars with shipping & cable and his works is supposed to be better quality than either .. 

sorry to continually barrage the inearz thread..

adieu! 

Dec 30, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #2,268 of 3,191
I haven't been following this thread closely lately, has anyone else gotten the wooden faceplates?  Ive only seen one example so far, and I'd kind of like to take my reshell and get a wooden faceplate replaced if Inearz does that..

Dec 30, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #2,270 of 3,191
Don't know about ue700's but they did my westone 2's and the tf 10 is a triple si would imagine it's ok.

Cheers...

Dec 30, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #2,271 of 3,191
They should be able to reshell any BA IEM, I think the only ones they don't do is a dynamic driver.  I've had both my TF10 and JH16 reshelled by Fisher/Inearz and they've done a tremendous job.

Jan 1, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #2,272 of 3,191
Anyone tried to reshell the SONY XBA series?

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #2,273 of 3,191
Jan 3, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #2,275 of 3,191
I just received a surprise package in the mail with my fixed in-ears and an invoice saying repair and return shipping free of charge. That made my day, thank you!

For those who don't remember (bottom of page 149/top of 150), a couple weeks ago an interior solder point to the jack that removable cord plugs into came loose on one of the ears. I called them and was told that while their own custom in-ears were warrantied for a year, remolds were only warrantied for a month, or something along those lines. The main point was that, although my Triple.Fi 10's were only about six months old, I would have to pay shipping one-way plus $40 to repair a solder joint made by (and thus defective because of) Inearz.

Of course I didn't have much choice though, so I sent it in anyways. I was starting to wonder why I hadn't heard from them asking for payment information, but just chalked it down to extended time off due to holidays. Like I said though, they came back repaired today to my surprise and joy. I shipped it about three weeks ago via UPS ground, so it took them about a week to fix and a week to send back, which is right about what I was told. I'm pleased with that as well.

I wouldn't have complained if the joint hadn't come undone (which was internal and not under stress), but I'm glad with how it was resolved. Again, thanks so much. My only suggestion would have been clarifying that this repair was free of charge in the first place, although I'm not sure if you just made an exception in my case or what.

Jan 6, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #2,279 of 3,191
Apparently it's a lot more work to get into a CIEM, than an IEM.

Jan 7, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #2,280 of 3,191
Quote:
Anyone have any recent pictures of their work! I just sent some in but haven't gotten anything done by them in a year and a half

Check pages 148 and 149 of this thread. I got mine in late November.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back