InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Jun 28, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #2,331 of 3,191
Before you do that, check you have the polarity on the cable correct.  You should see a blue and a red dot which should be facing the same way either up or down.  If one or the other is reversed you could get that sound effect :frowning2:

Cheers

Jul 26, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #2,333 of 3,191
I got my Jh16s faceplates changed to wooden, and got the canals thickened a bit as I lost a bit more weight

.  The turn around was the same day they received them.  Inearz has taken good care of me since I sent my TF10s in to get reshelled 2.5 years ago.  I will always recommend them over whatever else is out there.

Aug 2, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #2,334 of 3,191
I had quite an adventure with two refits, giving them plenty of trouble but they have carried through with exquisite support. Now I have a lovely set of reshells as well, mine were already custom phones from superfi and the difference in build quality, service and sound is phenomenal. I will post a review once I am done travelling but I could not be happier, I highly recommend it.

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #2,335 of 3,191
I've tried to attach a picture of these IEM but it says I don't have permission.
Here's my experience with InEarz.

Sent them to them asking to essentially recable my Beyer 770's but have it disconnect at the cup, make a shorter cable for the IEM so I'm able to use a bluetooth remote and simply put my current Shure 530s into the impressions.  They did all that and from what I can remember it all took around 2 weeks which is fast and came to less than $200 which was a super deal to me.  They even threw in an extra cable!  The soldered shorter one.
I don't know what I was expecting but they sounded the same from what I can recall.  Nothing really changed.  I was never happy with the bass from the Shure 530's and having the UE 5EB's before... well, I do like my bass!  One ear started to have a bit of buzzing at the 200hz-800hz range.  Not sure if this was from me having them for 5yrs and they didn't want to be handled or a mistake on their part.  I talked to Kaysen and she said to send them back and they would fix them for free.  A little delay but not much of a big deal.  If it was the buzzing from them being old, the fact that they were going to replace the armature for free said enough.  Good customer service.  I then requested that they try to add some bass to the IEM by perhaps putting in a dynamic driver if this was really all that possible and I talked to Kim about this who's the owner (Great guy btw!)  And I also sent them my own personal wood (Cocobolo) and they used that for a faceplate instead of their own stock, NICE!
Upon receiving them the 2nd time... well the HF was a bit gone but the LF... I'm not sure if they added 2 13mm dynamic drivers or what but they are truly out of this world in regards to the bass and the highs are still there.  Not as crisp as before but whatever they did to mod them for the bass is exactly what I wanted.  I just want to say that I sent them in wanting to get remolded and ended up with basically an addition driver added and the bass... my god.  It's obviously not super tight but for a hiphop DnB guy, they're outstanding.  The only time I sent something back and ended up with something better was when my Logitech mouse died and they upgraded it for free.  I think most people know how good Logitech is on warranty.  The only thing I'll knock is a lack of communication on exactly what was going on.  I was always wondering if they'd sent them back or what they did to the drivers or what they were going to do but in the end I ended up with better IEM's and they gave me what I wanted.  Thank you Kaysen and Kim, I'm a happy customer.
ps.  Wish I could post some pics!

Aug 13, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #2,337 of 3,191
I know they can do the JH16 but would there be any difference for the freqphase version? Also, can they change the connection from the 2 dual pins to just 1? The JH16 for the JH3A (amp) has 2 of the dual pin sockets instead of one. Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back