InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Dec 12, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #2,941 of 3,191
Dec 18, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #2,942 of 3,191
Does anyone know what the exact pin diameter (in mm) the standard 2-pin cables from Inearz use? I recently got an aftermarket cable from BTG for some CIEMs I had shelled a couple months ago. The cable works but the pins are not quite as snug and can come out easily where as the cable that came with my reshell is nice and secure. I had perhaps naively assumed that the 2-pin setup was a standard that would be the same but now I'm not so sure that is the case. After looking on the internet, it seems that the size can sometimes vary very slightly by manufacturer.

In retrospect, I probably should have sprung for recessed sockets and I will probably regret my decision not to spend the extra dollars for that option.

I e-mailed to inquire but have not heard back.

Dec 18, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #2,943 of 3,191
  Does anyone know what the exact pin diameter (in mm) the standard 2-pin cables from Inearz use? I recently got an aftermarket cable from BTG for some CIEMs I had shelled a couple months ago. The cable works but the pins are not quite as snug and can come out easily where as the cable that came with my reshell is nice and secure. I had perhaps naively assumed that the 2-pin setup was a standard that would be the same but now I'm not so sure that is the case. After looking on the internet, it seems that the size can sometimes vary very slightly by manufacturer.

In retrospect, I probably should have sprung for recessed sockets and I will probably regret my decision not to spend the extra dollars for that option.

I e-mailed to inquire but have not heard back.

2-pin connection is indeed universal, so in theory it should fit with any aftermarket cable.  It's true that recessed socket is more secure, but a number of aftermarket cables don't support it (their connector housing is wider).  Plus, with a recessed socket if you are planning to remove cable - often you need to use pliers to get a good grip because housing of the connector is recessed.

Typically, if your 2-pin connector is a bit loose, you just bend pins a tiny bit (just a slight touch) and it will enable a more secure connection.

Jan 8, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #2,944 of 3,191
I picked up a used JH16 pro a month ago and got them reshelled by InEarz. I did forget to specify if I had the Freqphase or non-Freqphase version (I had the non-Freqphase). I got them back and they sound great though looking back on some pictures of the FP vs non-FP JH16 the high frequency driver is set back further like how mine is now. Anyone know if this makes a big difference in non-FP JH16 sound? In some pictures I see the high frequency driver in the canal portion.

After reshell:

Pre reshell:

Jan 8, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #2,945 of 3,191
I don't own a JH16, but I was more under the impression that the driver was placed much farther back. From the angle, it seems as if the HF is still placed much closer that where I understood it's placed on the FP, but due to your ear shape and canal depth, perhaps that was the best location to place it at.

Jan 8, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #2,946 of 3,191
Just wondering, my UE TripleFi totally came apart when I tried to remove the tip.  How much do people usually pay for these monitors if they wanted to custom mold them?  If I just glued them back together would it impact sound and what type of glue should I use?  

Jan 8, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #2,947 of 3,191
I don't own a JH16, but I was more under the impression that the driver was placed much farther back. From the angle, it seems as if the HF is still placed much closer that where I understood it's placed on the FP, but due to your ear shape and canal depth, perhaps that was the best location to place it at.

Images I've seen for the non-FP has the high frequency drivers centimeters away from tip. I wonder what the impact is... I've seen people the describe the JH16's as very bright. Mine are rather pleasant, maybe this configuration is a good thing?     

Jan 23, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #2,949 of 3,191
Count me in with a 2nd hand pair of JHA 13Pro fp's. 4-5 weeks to go and its going to be a long wait. I have a vacation to Punta Cana coming up that might take it off my mind for a bit. That's only a week though. Its really quite amazing how much of my thought process is tied up with the expectations.

I did hear them when I got them for around 30 minutes whereby the pain of wearing someone else's customs started to creep into the unacceptable pain threshold. LOL. (you just gotta jam them in there real good)  I really did like what I heard. Kinda shocked about how lean and revealing they are. Not dark or warm at all.

Jan 26, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #2,950 of 3,191
Any post or guide about how to check if you got a perfect fit?

Hey tayano, this article might come in handy

http://theheadphonelist.com/custom-in-ear-monitors-fit-guide/

The press and push method would check for seal, and for comfort testing I'd just wear them for a couple of hours straight and see if it hurts and to what degree.

Feb 3, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #2,951 of 3,191
Has anyone had a Savant universal re-shelled yet? Kind of interested in hearing some impressions since this is far cheaper than getting the CIEM version from Noble themselves.

Feb 3, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #2,952 of 3,191
  Has anyone had a Savant universal re-shelled yet? Kind of interested in hearing some impressions since this is far cheaper than getting the CIEM version from Noble themselves.

In my honest opinion, considering I reviewed and continue using Savant and also a big fan of Inearz re-shell work, PLEASE do not re-shell universal Savant
biggrin.gif
  It has one of the most comfortable universal designs with custom-like fitment, probably second to Westone, imho.

Feb 3, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #2,953 of 3,191
I recently got a new re-shelled IEM from Inearz and I gotta say that I loved the new shell designs. They fit is even better than my other iem and I like what they did to the tip by the sound bores which is now recessed and makes it a lot easier to clean wax and maintains the tubes free of wax. 

Question on the Savant products. Don't you guys think that it is a very expensive product for only being a two driver iem. I know that tuning is more important than stacking a bunch of drivers together, but even so, I think it's an overpriced iem as is, specially given that they didn't even disclose how many drivers it contained initially. 

Feb 3, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #2,954 of 3,191

In my honest opinion, considering I reviewed and continue using Savant and also a big fan of Inearz re-shell work, PLEASE do not re-shell universal Savant
biggrin.gif
  It has one of the most comfortable universal designs with custom-like fitment, probably second to Westone, imho.

I'm finding it much much harder to get a good seal with the savant than with my previous IE80s. Maybe it's just how my ear is shaped and it seems like my right ear canal is significantly different than my left and I've had an issue with it, but that might just be me.

I think the savant is a great product I think they didn't disclose the number of drivers initially so people wouldn't jump to conclusions about the sound based on driver count, they let the sound speak for itself and people thought they sounded excellent when there were no pre-conceptions about performance to cloud judgement. I find they fit the impressions that most people have about them, they are excellent IEMs that matched what I was looking for, but I don't have a frame of reference to compare them to.

Feb 4, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #2,955 of 3,191
2-pin connection is indeed universal, so in theory it should fit with any aftermarket cable.  It's true that recessed socket is more secure, but a number of aftermarket cables don't support it (their connector housing is wider).  Plus, with a recessed socket if you are planning to remove cable - often you need to use pliers to get a good grip because housing of the connector is recessed.

Typically, if your 2-pin connector is a bit loose, you just bend pins a tiny bit (just a slight touch) and it will enable a more secure connection.
Please note: there is in mm a 78mm 2 pin and a 75mm 2 pin. That said the 78's are the norm for almost 99.3% of the time bur i gave ran accross a few that were 75 and by naked eye you would swear they are the same!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back