InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Sep 16, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #2,914 of 3,191
I'm having a hard time viewing the page as there is no option to scroll left to right.  I'm using Internet Explorer browser.  I'm at work so I can't try any other browsers at the moment.

Sep 16, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #2,915 of 3,191
  I'm having a hard time viewing the page as there is no option to scroll left to right.  I'm using Internet Explorer browser.  I'm at work so I can't try any other browsers at the moment.

No issues with IE browser here, but you might want to use Ctrl + "-" or "+" to zoom in/out of the page so you can see it better.

Sep 16, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #2,916 of 3,191

No issues with IE browser here, but you might want to use Ctrl + "-" or "+" to zoom in/out of the page so you can see it better.

Thanks, I did, and used CTL-0 to get it to 100% but it was too large, so what I couldn't see I zoomed out till it was on screen, copied it and pasted it into word to read.

This is just further confirmation that my work computer sucks.  Glad it's not the site.  I suppose I could have turned on/off compatibility view to see if that helped, but I hate my work laptop with a passion.

Now it's time I get serious about getting ear impressions to reshell my W40s.

Oct 6, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #2,919 of 3,191
Would you guys recommend me get the "soft canals" or stick with the normal acrylic?

Oct 6, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #2,920 of 3,191
  Would you guys recommend me get the "soft canals" or stick with the normal acrylic?

What do you mean by "soft canals", acrylic body and silicon nozzle, like in Westone ES60?  Are you re-shelling IEM with Inearz?  From my experience of acrylic IE-P650 and Ei.xx and "hybrid" ES60 - all acrylic is a little easier to insert in your ears, while with silicone nozzle if your ears are dry you can hurt yourself (need to lube it up).  Unless if you meant something else by "soft canals"? 

Oct 6, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #2,921 of 3,191

What do you mean by "soft canals", acrylic body and silicon nozzle, like in Westone ES60?  Are you re-shelling IEM with Inearz?  From my experience of acrylic IE-P650 and Ei.xx and "hybrid" ES60 - all acrylic is a little easier to insert in your ears, while with silicone nozzle if your ears are dry you can hurt yourself (need to lube it up).  Unless if you meant something else by "soft canals"? 

Soft canals is a $40 option Inearz offers.

Oct 6, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #2,922 of 3,191

Soft canals is a $40 option Inearz offers.

but what do they mean by "soft canals"?  You have silicone tube audio canals that go from BA drivers to the bore openings in the nozzle :)  I think they probably meant the nozzle part which is made out of silicone instead of a whole solid acrylic shell, but I just wanted to confirm.  With silicone nozzle you get a better seal, but i found it a little harder to insert in your ear (based on my experience with ES60).

Oct 6, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #2,923 of 3,191

but what do they mean by "soft canals"?  You have silicone tube audio canals that go from BA drivers to the bore openings in the nozzle :)  I think they probably meant the nozzle part which is made out of silicone instead of a whole solid acrylic shell, but I just wanted to confirm.  With silicone nozzle you get a better seal, but i found it a little harder to insert in your ear (based on my experience with ES60).

I would assume its something along the lines of what you stated.

Oct 6, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #2,924 of 3,191

It's an option that is similar to Westone silicone. I think I'll be fine because I have the UM56 tips so I'm familiar with such material. The only question is which is" better" overall. I am planning on reshell my W60. I'm tired of messing with the plates and the whole shabang.

Oct 13, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #2,925 of 3,191
Hey Guys! 

Thought I would chime in on this. Here is the info from the tech "This material is used on just the canal portion of the in-ear monitors, it softens with body heat. Used mostly by customers with sensitive canals, singers, and people that move there jaw a lot during activities. More maintenance is required with the soft canal option as the material is not as durable as hard acrylic. **May not be compatible with all models/customer ear shape"

The soft canal can only be added to a single or dual bore model. Any more bores and the material gets too thin.

-Kaysen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back