InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Nov 24, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #2,935 of 3,191
As I understand, they tune the sound so it will be as before remolding. This should be more important than the actual position of the drivers?
Thanks @tayano. I guess my question was due to potential benefits with the phase. For example, some IEM manufacturers purposely position the high frequency drivers further back so help with the phase.

Nov 24, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #2,936 of 3,191
Can anyone advice if Inearz remolds maintain the same driver placement/positioning, as the original iem?

Stay tuned!
wink.gif
  Just received Inearz re-shelled UM Pro 50 (in a clear shell) which I'm going to compare to my original UM Pro 50.  Out of the box they look really good!  I appreciate that Inearz kept it down to a single bore opening, just like the original Westone, and also kept the original mmcx connector.  The fitment is perfect, and the sound is great, but I need a few hours of burn in for everything to settle before jumping into any impressions.  Also, since Inearz shell is clear and the original UM Pro 50 are frosted-clear, I will take more close up pictures so you can see the physical driver arrangement.

Nov 24, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #2,937 of 3,191
Thanks @tayano. I guess my question was due to potential benefits with the phase. For example, some IEM manufacturers purposely position the high frequency drivers further back so help with the phase.

I understand what you mean. But this position affect the change which I think they measure. And by adjusting the remold to match the original measurement you should get the same sound. Maybe someone from inearz can chime in?

Nov 24, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #2,938 of 3,191
Stay tuned! :wink:   Just received Inearz re-shelled UM Pro 50 (in a clear shell) which I'm going to compare to my original UM Pro 50.  Out of the box they look really good!  I appreciate that Inearz kept it down to a single bore opening, just like the original Westone, and also kept the original mmcx connector.  The fitment is perfect, and the sound is great, but I need a few hours of burn in for everything to settle before jumping into any impressions.  Also, since Inearz shell is clear and the original UM Pro 50 are frosted-clear, I will take more close up pictures so you can see the physical driver arrangement.

Looking forward to that! I just sent a pair of fa4e xb to them to get reshelled.

Dec 4, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #2,939 of 3,191
Sorry guys/gals, still under a pile of reviews, working on one at a time.  Slowly making my way to Inearz re-shelled UM Pro 50.

Here is a teaser:

Dec 12, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #2,940 of 3,191

Users who are viewing this thread

Back