InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Apr 17, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #2,866 of 3,191
mine sounds the same as the original. i have miracles. i was able to listen to the original before i sent them in to get remolded. they sound the same to me. better after the remold cuz it fit my ears perfectly. i'd do it again if i bought another pair of second hand ciems. 

May 11, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #2,870 of 3,191

Hi Guys,

I sent my Earsonics SM64's for a remould to Inearz recently.  I didn't pay for any of the options and went for acrylic/black and gold Inearz lettering.  The fit is very comfortable and there is a very good improvement in SQ compared with how they originally sound.  I now no longer have to keep adjusting the SM64's to get a proper fit and to hear the bass properly.  The build time was about 6 weeks which was a bit longer than they originally stated.  I'm very happy with the conversion to custom em and am confident to recommend their services.

Cheers Rod

May 11, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #2,871 of 3,191
  Right now its about 5-6 weeks at the moment.  You can rush your order for $150 and its guaranteed within 5-7 days 

Thank you. Also in looking at the 650 and 850 versions, it says that these are quad bore. So are are both the 6 and 8 drivers, 3-way or 4-way? Don't see many quad bore versions out there, but this sounds interesting. Thanks!

May 14, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #2,872 of 3,191
  Thank you. Also in looking at the 650 and 850 versions, it says that these are quad bore. So are are both the 6 and 8 drivers, 3-way or 4-way? Don't see many quad bore versions out there, but this sounds interesting. Thanks! 

The 6 and 8 driver models are both 3-way.  6 driver model is a triple bore design and the 8 is a quad bore but we are revamping the 6 and 8 driver models, so specs could change soon!

May 26, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #2,873 of 3,191
I got to visit the Inearz crew this past Friday, and it was a great experience! The entire staff is extremely friendly, and we discussed various tunings, models, and everything in between. Just from watching these people work and how they talk about the products, I can safely assure everyone of how passionate they are about their work. It really put a smile on my face 
biggrin.gif

I also got to demo their 6 driver models with a couple tweaks to it, and I'll just say that I'm definitely on the wait list for when that goes live. The tuning it had was right down my alley. My UERM reshell should be done in the next few weeks, so I'll be sure to post pics!

May 26, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #2,874 of 3,191
Looking into getting my Shure SE425s remolded :)

Lets see how it turns out. Need a more neutral sounding CIEM so I can get the best of both worlds coming from a 1964 V8.

Jun 3, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #2,875 of 3,191
Here's a picture from an InEarz custom job on a pair of JH16s where the internal wire was redone with pure silver strands provided by Ted at tedsheadfood here on Head-Fi. I had no idea any company could provide this service. My understanding is few if any IEM companies use pure silver internal wiring. The sonic attributes are supposed to be quite startling.

Jun 3, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #2,876 of 3,191
  Here's a picture from an InEarz custom job on a pair of JH16s where the internal wire was redone with pure silver strands provided by Ted at tedsheadfood here on Head-Fi. I had no idea any company could provide this service. My understanding is few if any IEM companies use pure silver internal wiring. The sonic attributes are supposed to be quite startling.

This kind of thing always made me question aftermarket cables. I always thought, what good does it do to have a SPC or even pure silver, if the wiring inside the IEM is still copper.

Jun 4, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #2,877 of 3,191

I was actually in the shop talking about these very IEMs :) How are you liking them so far? 

Jun 4, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #2,878 of 3,191
These belong to a friend of mine and his observations are that the updated JH16s sound more spacious, more dimensional with greater clarity of detail information throughout the frequency spectrum.

Jun 9, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #2,879 of 3,191
Sent a pair of JHA Roxannes on the 15th of April (from Malaysia) to InEarz. I received the remolds on the 8th of June. Their stated turnaround time of 4 - 6 weeks is quite accurate.

It's been an absolute pleasure dealing with Kaysen and Matthew. I requested many changes and had many queries and they addressed them all very cordially.

The remolds are made very well and they properly accommodated my requests. Unfortunately the right side does not fit perfectly. The left is great, though I think the canals could have been longer.

I'll be giving it a few more days before deciding, but I will most likely be sending the right side back for a refit.

What I've noticed is that it loses the seal after a while. I think this is due to the way the canal is angled. As you might be able to see in one of the pictures, the right canal is angled slightly upwards, whereas the left is downwards.

My existing pair of customs are more symmetrical than these, so I think that it's really quite off.

I was wondering if anyone might be able to chime in on whether these will be just a simple refit or will I need to get a new impression for my right ear and get the whole shell remade? Obviously it's best that I get an answer from InEarz themselves, but if anyone has any experience with this, I'd love to hear about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back