InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Dec 12, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #2,808 of 3,191
Can someone please recommend a cable with integrated microphone. I'm a bit confused because not all 2 pin connectors fit the inearz connectors. :/ If possible it should have decent quality and be not to expensive.

Dec 12, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #2,809 of 3,191
Can someone please recommend a cable with integrated microphone. I'm a bit confused because not all 2 pin connectors fit the inearz connectors. :/ If possible it should have decent quality and be not to expensive.

I like the jh audio mic cable, goes for less than $60 USD on their website.

I'd be interested in other's input also as I'll be looking to buy a mic/remote very soon also. ..

Dec 12, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #2,811 of 3,191
i decided this must be done for my ue900s. soo many choices for colors, cant decide.

people are saying to change the connector type. to what, the westone connector? and the recessed connector works best for that as well?

Dec 13, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #2,812 of 3,191
I'm looking for a good audiologist in my region (NY/NJ suburbs) for creating the ear impressions, so that I can purchase an Inearz reshell of my stock Westone UM2 IEMs in the near future.

Of course, I've already done the "hard" work of choosing a desired colour combination for the new shells . . . :)

My hope is that custom fitting monitors will place less pressure in and on areas of my ear that stock monitors+tips have caused, which currently lead to increased occipital neuralgia symptoms on the left side, as the monitors sort of hang down when in and the canals are pressed both upwards and outwards a bit much from the inside.

Kaysen Fisher recommended consideration of the shorter canal and soft tip options - I didn't see those mentioned on the pricing page or in the order form, so was wondering if anyone here had experience with those options in terms of comfort, please.  (My guess on "soft tip" might be the silicone vs acrylic shell - not sure.)

- wader

Dec 15, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #2,814 of 3,191
  Does anyone know whether there is a refund period?

For what? Custom work? I can't imagine that would be the case. If you had something re-shelled and had to ship back and forth for refits many times, there may be a time where everyone throws up their hands and they offer you a refund - but under normal circumstances - no - no refund for re-shelling - no refund on their custom IEMs....

Dec 15, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #2,815 of 3,191
I think I have had my triple fi10 remolds now for about 6 months .
I love them to death , can't live without them .
I spoke with Kaysen prior to sending her my artwork , we talked about my options and sizing that would work and possible colors .
SPECTACULAR , seriously I couldn't be happier .
For those unsure , that is known as the " steal your face " logo used by the Grateful Dead : )

Dec 15, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #2,816 of 3,191
I think I have had my triple fi10 remolds now for about 6 months .

I love them to death , can't live without them .
I spoke with Kaysen prior to sending her my artwork , we talked about my options and sizing that would work and possible colors .

SPECTACULAR , seriously I couldn't be happier .

For those unsure , that is known as the " steal your face " logo used by the Grateful Dead : )

I was thinking about using the NY Mets version.....

Dec 18, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #2,818 of 3,191
After some emails with Kaysen and a phone call, I found a Westone-recommended audiologist who was local and who did seem to do a thorough job on the impressions (plus, she read through the Inearz requirements to ensure everything was done to meet their needs), then decided to order:

Hardware
Silicone, soft tips
Shallow depth
Recessed sockets

Colours
Sunshine Yellow inner shells
Solid White right faceplate
Solid Black left faceplate
Inearz "abstract" logo in Yellow
Graphite cord

I'm curious if anyone here has experience with the combination of soft tips+shallow depth.

- wader

Dec 29, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #2,819 of 3,191
can anyone hear speak to their impressions of the IE-P250 IEM?

I listen to a lot of electronic and rock, and need an IEM with good impact and punch in the lows and also lots of detail & sparkle in the highs....due to budget the two in consideration are the IE-P250 and the Custom Art Music Two.....

If anyone is selling anything they feel would be suitable, please pm me as well....

Dec 29, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #2,820 of 3,191
The general rule of thumb for bass impact with balanced armature drivers is you need 3 drivers (e.g. the IE-P350). One for treble, and Two for the bass. But there are always exceptions, and I have not listened to either of the sets you mention. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back