InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Dec 5, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #2,446 of 3,191
Haven't seen any since the first one, but I think the turnaround is like 2 weeks and has been for a while...don't wanna mess that up lol

Dec 6, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #2,448 of 3,191
So my experience with Fisher hearing has been wonderful, although probably not for the reasons you would think.

I sent my TF10s off for reshelling in August. And to make a long story short, I sent them back for adjustments almost half a dozen times. Kaysen and her guys in the lab have been incredibly patient and helpful. It took several tries to get the fit right, but I got em back last week and they're finally perfect. For this reason alone I would recommend this service to anyone looking into customs. That's before the fact that they offer some of the best prices around and their reshells and build quality are just excellent.

Dec 7, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #2,450 of 3,191
So, I got my JH16s back today from Inearz, I took the day off from work so I could be here when they arrived lol.  I am again very pleased with their service!  Turnaround was about 2 weeks, which is almost unheard of.

The shells look fantastic, I was impressed by the new finish that Inearz has achieved with the new polishing technique, it's easily as good or better than my UM customs were in the past. The pictures really don't do the shells justice they are beautiful.   

I requested musician's fit, triple bore, recessed sockets, and the fit is perfect.  The sound is just as I remember my old JH16, no sound signature change.  This is the second JH16 they have reshelled for me so I wasn't worried.  This is my 3rd reshell from Inearz, and they have proven to provide an excellent service, my TF10 is over 3 years old and I haven't had any problems at all.  Kaysen was very helpful and gracious in answering all my questions regarding reshells and freqphase, JH-3A etc.  

If you're on the fence about which company to go with: the best price, quality, and best customer service you will be very happy with Inearz.

Is there a reason you chose to have inearz remold them over having JH do them? I'm waiting on my UE TF10 remolds from inearz, I had a fit issue but I think he people who did my impressions did a terrible job the 1st time around, but domes JH not do remolding for customers?

I'm not bias either way, I do wish I could afford JH but hopefully after this work my remold TF10s will be fantastic.

Dec 7, 2013 at 1:20 AM Post #2,451 of 3,191
JH audio doesn't do reshells.  I really think Inearz does as good or better than any other company out there, and I have past experience with them, I had my TF10 remolded by them 3 years ago.  I think if you ordered a JH audio product directly from JH audio they might work with you on fit issues, but they definately don't do reshells.  Inearz has the fastest turn around time of any company that I know of (2 weeks), they have the best customer service, the quality and price are also very good, and they are located in the US where I also happen to live.  I've seen other companies have 2-3 months wait time, no thanks.  If you look at the Inearz facebook page there are plenty of examples of the shells they produce which imho are as good as any of the other big company shells out there.  Also in regard to headphones, I almost never buy new, I like a good bargain.  JH16s run $1150, and if you look around on the FS forum and find a set for sale you can get them made for you at a fraction of the cost.

I think you will be happy with your TF10 remold, I've often thought if the only CIEM I had was my TF10 custom I'd be happy with it.

Quote:
Is there a reason you chose to have inearz remold them over having JH do them? I'm waiting on my UE TF10 remolds from inearz, I had a fit issue but I think he people who did my impressions did a terrible job the 1st time around, but domes JH not do remolding for customers?

I'm not bias either way, I do wish I could afford JH but hopefully after this work my remold TF10s will be fantastic.

Dec 7, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #2,452 of 3,191
Hey guys, I received my TF10s back from fisher. Fit, quality, customer service was amazing. I sent them in a few days before Thanksgiving and got them in the mail today. Thank you again, Kaysen. I now have complete faith in this company and would not hesitate to give them my business in the future!
(Black pair are from fisher)

Dec 7, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #2,453 of 3,191

That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying! I've been a little nervous as this is my 3rd time sending them back, but it seems I was the only one with the issue that I have...

Nervous and excited at the same time. 3rd times a charm right?

Dec 7, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #2,454 of 3,191
Hey guys, I received my TF10s back from fisher. Fit, quality, customer service was amazing. I sent them in a few days before Thanksgiving and got them in the mail today. Thank you again, Kaysen. I now have complete faith in this company and would not hesitate to give them my business in the future!

What cable is that? I have a ton of extras of the original TF10 cable(I called UE when the 900s came out and tried to order more, but they were discontinued by then- the rep was super awesome and dug up all the extra cables she could find and sent them to me no cost!) but they seem to go bad relatively fast. Does that cable have the same pin size or did you get a custom cable for it?

Dec 7, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #2,455 of 3,191
What cable is that? I have a ton of extras of the original TF10 cable(I called UE when the 900s came out and tried to order more, but they were discontinued by then- the rep was super awesome and dug up all the extra cables she could find and sent them to me no cost!) but they seem to go bad relatively fast. Does that cable have the same pin size or did you get a custom cable for it?

From what I see, it is still using the tf10 connector. This is the after Sept 2010 UE custom cable, I just shaved off the plastic shroud around the pin and it fits like a glove. I prefer the before Sept 2010 UE custom cable(Cable on purple monitors), I feel like it's more comfortable.

Dec 7, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #2,456 of 3,191
Those look good, what are the red customs?

Quote:

Dec 7, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #2,457 of 3,191
^ They are Cosmic Ears BA4F.

Dec 7, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #2,458 of 3,191
Kozee are the best, everyone knows this.
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 7, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #2,459 of 3,191
Oh yeah, Kozee and Fidelity Ears..what a nightmare for some people...

Quote:
  Kozee are the best, everyone knows this.
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back